did anyone else find Singularity to be frickin awesome??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DCUltrapro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 DCUltrapro
Member since 2009 • 568 Posts

who's with me? Who here thinks this game got completely side stepped by the media and Gamespot? No one knew it was coming, no one knew it was out and no one knew how good it actually is!! Seriously the review on here kinda sucks, calling it a shallow run and gun throw back and not particularly deep... thats monkey **** The game is intense... dark... 100% story driven, action packed and incredibly well made! The whole package is very polished. The TMD makes for a huge variety of interesting gameplay innovations and the weapons you get are all upgradeable.

The story revolves around a russian experiment with an unstable element called e99 and has heavy elements of time distortion and travel. While you can understand that some of the goombas who work at Gamespot might simply pass that off as convoluted, it is actually pretty damn clever and is implemented really well. One minute you'll be walking along a pier in the present and its all ancient and decaying, the next a time displacement will occur and you will be in the same place only 50 years earlier bustling with Russian soldiers and workers.

The story specifically involves your character arriving on the island to investigate bizarre radiation emitions from the island. The radiation is in fact time shifts resulting from a disaster on the island 50 years ago. Basically you alter the time line and have to correct everything. Some of the set pieces that occur in this game are truly inspired, the game constantly introduces new gameplay mechanics and it does so by forcing you to approach new enemies with new tactics, so running and gunning simply WILL NOT WORK. You have to pay attention to your surroundings, enemy, resources and you have to battle to preserve your health.

The game is extremely well presented and I feel it has been harshly mistreated and grossly avoided by pretty much everyone, the game is technically fantastic and very fresh from a gameplay standpoint.

Did anyone pick this one up and get blown away by how good it was compared to the so so/ho hum review on GS?

Pro

EvilSelf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#2 EvilSelf
Member since 2010 • 3619 Posts

I have been wanting to try this for a long time but somehow do not want to shell out the 60 bucks for it.

I will wait until a price drop and then i will give it a shot. I am sure it will be a good game.

DCUltrapro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DCUltrapro

I was absolutely of the same opinion when I bought it. I was not sure if I wanted this or War for Cybertron. I decided to part exchange a tonne of older less played 360 games (the likes of Armored Core 4, GTA IV, Prey etc etc) and I ended up only having to pay £5 of my own cash for Singularity so I was not offended at all. If your a fan of fps's but don't want the realism or leetism of CODMW2 etc then grab this, its freakin awesome and despite what that numpty Kevin Vanord or whatever his name is says, it really doesn't look dated. Especially those moments when you fire off a deadlock and step into it and everything outside slows down. Its a fantastic little game.

Pro

jad206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 jad206
Member since 2009 • 1821 Posts

Yes, it was fun.

SpArKs424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 SpArKs424
Member since 2010 • 2203 Posts

It was Fun but kindda Bioshock Rip off

Mythomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Mythomniac
Member since 2009 • 1695 Posts

I have been meaning to try it, but for people who do, it costs $35 on Amazon Here

firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts

I totally agree. It will easily be the most overlooked game of 2010. And I don't agree with people saying its a rip-off. Just cause it has to do with time and space manipulation doesn't mean its a Timeshift rip off. What so no game from now on can deal with the 4th dimension? And saying its a Bioshock rip off is just wrong IMO. They are sooo different from one another.

x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#8 x-2tha-z
Member since 2003 • 8994 Posts
I really enjoyed it too. I finished it on Saturday. Great game.
amareen18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#9 amareen18
Member since 2007 • 1259 Posts
agreed , this game is great i played it a lot! i enjoyed every moment! :) we need a second one! :D
D-RS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10 D-RS
Member since 2009 • 2003 Posts
Its good , i am stuck at that place where i wear a gas mask , there is this door that closes before i can get into it , some one help!
Rhino53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Rhino53
Member since 2008 • 2552 Posts

Yaeh it was good but, I found it to have very derivative gameplay

Rhino53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Rhino53
Member since 2008 • 2552 Posts

Its good , i am stuck at that place where i wear a gas mask , there is this door that closes before i can get into it , some one help! D-RS

open the door Use deadlock on the opendoor then run through it

HipnotiKal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 HipnotiKal
Member since 2005 • 157 Posts

I have been wanting to try this for a long time but somehow do not want to shell out the 60 bucks for it.

I will wait until a price drop and then i will give it a shot. I am sure it will be a good game.

EvilSelf

it's 35 bucks for 360 @ amazon

edit: didn't realize someone already posted this info

-DirtySanchez-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 -DirtySanchez-
Member since 2003 • 32760 Posts
i really really like it, a lil hard on the single player where im at currently still a blast, and even tho the online is simple it is really fun, just sucks not many people are on it and it has alot of connection issues when it does
alicia4065

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 alicia4065
Member since 2005 • 53 Posts
I enjoyed the game wasn't expecting to have so much fun with this game.
EvilSelf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#16 EvilSelf
Member since 2010 • 3619 Posts

[QUOTE="EvilSelf"]

HipnotiKal

it's 35 bucks for 360 @ amazon

edit: didn't realize someone already posted this info

This is pretty low, but i guess i got lucky as this afternoon i bought it brand new from ebay for 23.54 dollars plus 4 dollars shipping fee.

gotta love eBay..

DCUltrapro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DCUltrapro

I agree... I dont think its fair to say that its a rip on Bioshock because it honestly isnt. The 2 are totally different. The ONLY similarities are that they are both FPS', in both you crash and come on to an island (However Bioshock takes place under the sea while Singularity takes place ON the island!!) you can upgrade your weapons and abilities throughout the game. Those are the only similarites. I've not played Time Shift but I heard moderate reviews and never bothered to part with my money for it. So far my only gripe has been the section after you first get the deadlock where you have to step into a deadlock and kill those little bastard bug things, they killed me about 8 times before I worked out how to beat them lol. Other than that I'm loving every minute. I'm now on the section where you've arrived after the train ride andI need to get a lot further!! Definitely the best contender for most underrated/overlooked game of 2010.

Pro

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#18 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
I thought it was okay.
Gonnzzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 Gonnzzo
Member since 2010 • 124 Posts

yep, waiting for a price drop, then i'll gladly pick it up.

Needles-Kane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Needles-Kane
Member since 2004 • 2040 Posts

I loved it and I usually don't like FPS. Have to take the price into consideration, I got it for $35 with Prototype (awesome)for free ($5 shipping) soit was really a good value of entertainment. I traded it in for $31 and will probably pick it up again when the price drops as I want to play it again (another rare thing for me with a single player). I did not like the multiplayer very much though.

MazehcS0ul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 MazehcS0ul
Member since 2009 • 1773 Posts

It was Fun but kindda Bioshock Rip off

SpArKs424

It was more like Half Life. But hell the endings were great. But no replay value though, online play is not worth it .

Kegs666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Kegs666
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

In my opinion, it was all Activision faults because of the fact that they published it and didnt advertise it at all. Its like they didnt care about a great game. I really enjoyed Singularity.

War does not determine who is right - only who is left. ~Bertrand Russell

firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts

In my opinion, it was all Activision faults because of the fact that they published it and didnt advertise it at all. Its like they didnt care about a great game. I really enjoyed Singularity.

War does not determine who is right - only who is left. ~Bertrand Russell

Kegs666
Basically. No one knew about this game.
Enforcer246

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Enforcer246
Member since 2008 • 601 Posts

As soon as I saw the title screen I thought Bioshock.

DCUltrapro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 DCUltrapro

totally agree.. the publishers basically shouldn't have even bothered. OR rather they didn;t, so had I been the developers I'd be after my money for a refund. Only reason I heard about it was when I saw the name in the list of recent reviews on the 360 front page. huge shame

Pro

immortality20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#26 immortality20
Member since 2005 • 8546 Posts

I was very impressed by it. I'd give it a solid 8, totally worth the playthrough.

I also liked how I could just reload my single player and get the seperate endings for easy achievies :)

NuclearFlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 NuclearFlower
Member since 2010 • 575 Posts
I rented it.The gameplay was really fun,and the atmosphere was pretty well done too.The story though had so many plot holes it was hilarious; but I ignored them since the game was just so fun.It's just one of those games that,despite it's flaws,is just a blast to play,it had that old school feel to it that's missing in today's market of countless generic war shooters.Not worth any more than a rent though untill the price drops to about $15 or less,IMO.