Devil May Cry 4: Not Impressed!

• 138 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

R0SSMATHIS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 R0SSMATHIS
Member since 2007 • 452 Posts
I don't remember it being so repetitive. All you do is press the same button over and over again. Jump, press the button. Roll press the button. Run up to a door, press the button. I was bored! I think I'll pass on this one.
nickdastick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#2 nickdastick
Member since 2004 • 5286 Posts

Yeah, I was bummed that it was so lame. I mean, it's okay but it's boring because it's the same stuff over and over again. I will totally pass this up.

TigerFangRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 TigerFangRed
Member since 2005 • 1928 Posts
The combat is overly simplistic...but I really enjoyed it, and it's only a demo, so I'll wait to see the full version.
Avatar image for Mutatedbloodelf
Mutatedbloodelf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Mutatedbloodelf
Member since 2007 • 853 Posts
Really bored me. I was right along about this game.
Tree06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Tree06
Member since 2006 • 3552 Posts
I never played any of the games in the series before but that demo was fun.Once I got the hang of it I did the same combo. I'll just wait for Ninja Gaiden 2.
Staryoshi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#6 Staryoshi87
Member since 2003 • 12760 Posts
I like it in theory, I mean, you've got a gun, a sword, and a funky demon arm, what's not to like? Oh yeah, the extreme linearity, annoying camera/level design, and lots of "mini-zones" seperated by doors. It's alright, but I won't throw down $60+ on it. I'll save it up for Lost Odyssey, thanks :) I had never played a DMC game before, and I don't think I'll start now... DMC would be a fun game to play at an arcade, but not to spend that kind of money on imo.
HellRazer360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 HellRazer360
Member since 2006 • 2693 Posts

Yeah, I was bummed that it was so lame. I mean, it's okay but it's boring because it's the same stuff over and over again. I will totally pass this up.

nickdastick
my thoughts exactly
HellRazer360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 HellRazer360

[QUOTE="Tree06"]I never played any of the games in the series before but that demo was fun.Once I got the hang of it I did the same combo. I'll just wait for Ninja Gaiden 2.InFaMous_Si

Same Combo? Ok for one u have never played dmc before. When you get orbs your able to buy new moves and weapons. 2. This is a demo and is not the full game. 3. Your stupid not to buy this game. 4. Play the other 3 games and come back to me. 5. Ninja Gaiden is 75% different from DMC. 6. LOL

why are we stupid if we dont buy the game...what just because 80% of the community liked means the rest do...maybe some people dont like the game....its just a button masher...different combos or not your presssing the same thing
InFaMous_Si

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 InFaMous_Si
Member since 2007 • 117 Posts

Ok maybe there is a little button mashing? But don't you think beyond that in gaming? such as story lines? Graphics etc..Look at god of war thats a button masher. So is ninja gaiden. If you have ever played the DMC Series like me. You will see the real deal about Devil may cry 4 and how good of a game it is.

HellRazer360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 HellRazer360

Ok maybe there is a little button mashing? But don't you think beyond that in gaming? such as story lines? Graphics etc..Look at god of war thats a button masher. So is ninja gaiden. If you have ever played the DMC Series like me. You will see the real deal about Devil may cry 4 and how good of a game it is.

InFaMous_Si
actually i feel for you:cry:...many people hate on dynasty warriors and when they announced dynasty warriors 6 then everyone was like...wow why wont htis series just die..and omg just another crappy dynasty game...well i am a HUGE dyansty fan and if those guys played it like me then they would understand...i dont view dynasty warriors as another button masher..there was always something about it that was just.....fun....but idk devil may cry was a little to repetitive for me.,...i guess its just not my kinda game is all
HellRazer360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 HellRazer360
[QUOTE="InFaMous_Si"]

HellRazer360
actually i feel for you:cry:...many people hate on dynasty warriors and when they announced dynasty warriors 6 then everyone was like...wow why wont htis series just die..and omg just another crappy dynasty game...well i am a HUGE dyansty fan and if those guys played it like me then they would understand...i dont view dynasty warriors as another button masher..there was always something about it that was just.....fun....but idk devil may cry was a little to repetitive for me.,...i guess its just not my kinda game is all

and i personally cant wait for dynasty warriors 6...gettin my character up to a really high level was alwyas fun and slaughtering countless troops was always a blast somehow to......ill be gettin it day one
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#13 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

I like it in theory, I mean, you've got a gun, a sword, and a funky demon arm, what's not to like? Oh yeah, the extreme linearity, annoying camera/level design, and lots of "mini-zones" seperated by doors. It's alright, but I won't throw down $60+ on it. I'll save it up for Lost Odyssey, thanks :) I had never played a DMC game before, and I don't think I'll start now... DMC would be a fun game to play at an arcade, but not to spend that kind of money on imo.Staryoshi87

My thoughts exactly. It reminded me of when I was 12 playing at the arcades, blowing away $20 dollars in less than an hour. I dont think i'll be throwing away $60 for this one. No thanks!

PassageD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 PassageD
Member since 2007 • 82 Posts

I can't believe how fast people are jumping to conclusions about this game.

A game like Assassin's Creed, which was the most intense fun I've ever had for the first hour, would have made an incredible impression as a demo release. Unfortunately, the other 14 hours of gameplay had you do exactly the same type of stuff you did for the first hour of the game. That's called shallow gameplay.

Now, just because DMC4 appeared to be shallow from a 10-minute demo doesn't mean that that was all that the game had to offer. If anything, I think it's indicitive of the amount of character development that the game has potential for. Of course, I could be wrong. It could just be that boring for the entire game, BUT saying a game is crappy and repetitive just from playing 10 minutes of it is entirely wrong. Just call it bad tactics on the marketers' part.

canadiankidd91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 canadiankidd91
Member since 2007 • 680 Posts
me neither
HeirofSparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 HeirofSparda
Member since 2006 • 2458 Posts
[QUOTE="InFaMous_Si"]

[QUOTE="Tree06"]I never played any of the games in the series before but that demo was fun.Once I got the hang of it I did the same combo. I'll just wait for Ninja Gaiden 2.HellRazer360

Same Combo? Ok for one u have never played dmc before. When you get orbs your able to buy new moves and weapons. 2. This is a demo and is not the full game. 3. Your stupid not to buy this game. 4. Play the other 3 games and come back to me. 5. Ninja Gaiden is 75% different from DMC. 6. LOL

why are we stupid if we dont buy the game...what just because 80% of the community liked means the rest do...maybe some people dont like the game....its just a button masher...different combos or not your presssing the same thing

You're stupid to not buy it because all your arguements are based off a demo. -.-

HellRazer360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 HellRazer360
[QUOTE="HellRazer360"][QUOTE="InFaMous_Si"]

[QUOTE="Tree06"]I never played any of the games in the series before but that demo was fun.Once I got the hang of it I did the same combo. I'll just wait for Ninja Gaiden 2.HeirofSparda

You're stupid to not buy it because all your arguements are based off a demo. -.-

all im saying is that i dxidnt like the demo and the real game may have more weapons and combos and all that but im not buying it...the real game wont be different from the demo in terms of button mashing and bad camera angles...but this is just my opinion...what i think of the game and what you thnik will be 2 different things...everyone is made differently
Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 Ket87
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts
Every complaint that people seem to have points to the obvious fact they have never played Devil May Cry before because if they had they would know there is more to it. Thats how it is with all demos anyways, they water down the gameplay and remove key features. Not to mention the fact the demo removes probably 70% of the actual combat gameplay and is only the easy difficulty. You have one weapon and one gun and no upgrades or combos obtained by leveling up weapons, just the deault set up. You get more combos and skills by using the orbs which is removed from the demo. A lot of what the demo takes out (weapons, skills, enemy variety) all stems from the fact is the demo is what 600 some odd MBs no space for that stuff.
HeirofSparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 HeirofSparda
Member since 2006 • 2458 Posts

Every complaint that people seem to have points to the obvious fact they have never played Devil May Cry before because if they had they would know there is more to it. Thats how it is with all demos anyways, they water down the gameplay and remove key features. Not to mention the fact the demo removes probably 70% of the actual combat gameplay and is only the easy difficulty. You have one weapon and one gun and no upgrades or combos obtained by leveling up weapons, just the deault set up. You get more combos and skills by using the orbs which is removed from the demo. A lot of what the demo takes out (weapons, skills, enemy variety) all stems from the fact is the demo is what 600 some odd MBs no space for that stuff.Ket87

I'm dissapointed capcom didn't show off Dante's badassness to these Xbox noobs.

HellRazer360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 HellRazer360
Every complaint that people seem to have points to the obvious fact they have never played Devil May Cry before because if they had they would know there is more to it. Thats how it is with all demos anyways, they water down the gameplay and remove key features. Not to mention the fact the demo removes probably 70% of the actual combat gameplay and is only the easy difficulty. You have one weapon and one gun and no upgrades or combos obtained by leveling up weapons, just the deault set up. You get more combos and skills by using the orbs which is removed from the demo. A lot of what the demo takes out (weapons, skills, enemy variety) all stems from the fact is the demo is what 600 some odd MBs no space for that stuff.Ket87
if that was at me then just to let you know im not complining about the game...im just stating things i didnt like so which in turn make sme not buy it
HellRazer360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 HellRazer360
[QUOTE="Ket87"]Every complaint that people seem to have points to the obvious fact they have never played Devil May Cry before because if they had they would know there is more to it. Thats how it is with all demos anyways, they water down the gameplay and remove key features. Not to mention the fact the demo removes probably 70% of the actual combat gameplay and is only the easy difficulty. You have one weapon and one gun and no upgrades or combos obtained by leveling up weapons, just the deault set up. You get more combos and skills by using the orbs which is removed from the demo. A lot of what the demo takes out (weapons, skills, enemy variety) all stems from the fact is the demo is what 600 some odd MBs no space for that stuff.HellRazer360
if that was at me then just to let you know im not complining about the game...im just stating things i didnt like so which in turn make sme not buy it

plus dmc4 just isnt my type of game...the only real button masher i play and love is dynasty warriors
Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Ket87

[QUOTE="Ket87"]Every complaint that people seem to have points to the obvious fact they have never played Devil May Cry before because if they had they would know there is more to it. Thats how it is with all demos anyways, they water down the gameplay and remove key features. Not to mention the fact the demo removes probably 70% of the actual combat gameplay and is only the easy difficulty. You have one weapon and one gun and no upgrades or combos obtained by leveling up weapons, just the deault set up. You get more combos and skills by using the orbs which is removed from the demo. A lot of what the demo takes out (weapons, skills, enemy variety) all stems from the fact is the demo is what 600 some odd MBs no space for that stuff.HeirofSparda

I'm dissapointed capcom didn't show off Dante's badassness to these Xbox noobs.

Capcom should have did the demo 1 Nero mission 1 Dante mission. That was what I expected and the only disapoinments I had was no Dante and the lack of an introductory cutscene at the beginning to explain what the hell was going on, you don't even know why Nero has 10 minutes to get to the end of the level untill you get to the drawbridge.

PassageD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 PassageD
[QUOTE="HeirofSparda"][QUOTE="HellRazer360"][QUOTE="InFaMous_Si"]

[QUOTE="Tree06"]I never played any of the games in the series before but that demo was fun.Once I got the hang of it I did the same combo. I'll just wait for Ninja Gaiden 2.HellRazer360

all im saying is that i dxidnt like the demo and the real game may have more weapons and combos and all that but im not buying it...the real game wont be different from the demo in terms of button mashing and bad camera angles...but this is just my opinion...what i think of the game and what you thnik will be 2 different things...everyone is made differently

Some opinions have firmer grounds than others. I agree with what you said about the camera angles... some of the indoor camera angles were atrocious. And I also acknowledge the fact that the developers structured the demo the way they did was a mistake; I thought it was misrepresenting the true potentional of the game. But who knows, maybe they really did flop DMC4. Either way though, I still think it's wrong to criticize a game's lack of depth and how "button mashy" it is, because 10 minutes is hardly any time for gameplay development. The demo acted as an effective tutorial to the basics of the game. It's like seeing football for the first time, dimissing that it's lame and it's just "large guys tackling each other", and never actually playing the sport in the end. That's a pretty crappy mindset.

HellRazer360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 HellRazer360
[QUOTE="HellRazer360"][QUOTE="HeirofSparda"][QUOTE="HellRazer360"][QUOTE="InFaMous_Si"]

[QUOTE="Tree06"]I never played any of the games in the series before but that demo was fun.Once I got the hang of it I did the same combo. I'll just wait for Ninja Gaiden 2.PassageD

Some opinions have firmer grounds than others. I agree with what you said about the camera angles... some of the indoor camera angles were atrocious. And I also acknowledge the fact that the developers structured the demo the way they did was a mistake; I thought it was misrepresenting the true potentional of the game. But who knows, maybe they really did flop DMC4. Either way though, I still think it's wrong to criticize a game's lack of depth and how "button mashy" it is, because 10 minutes is hardly any time for gameplay development. The demo acted as an effective tutorial to the basics of the game. It's like seeing football for the first time, dimissing that it's lame and it's just "large guys tackling each other", and never actually playing the sport in the end. That's a pretty crappy mindset.

all true but im one of those people that pretty much all of the time if i dont like the demo then i dont like the real game...like for example the turok demo...after playing the demo then im not buying it because of the muted sounding guns and linear gameplay...im very picky when i buy games
Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Ket87
No way can DMC4 flop more than 2. Even though it looks like Capcom hired two blind mentally challenged kindergarteners to take their game and make a demo out of it you can tell it will be better than that turd.
fiercedeity901

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 fiercedeity901
Member since 2005 • 6291 Posts
TC and everyone who agrees with TC is a complete dumbass....it's a time 10 MINUTE DEMO...where all they do is throw a bunch of enemies at u...play the full game...jeez i DESPISE PEOPLE WHO JUDGE A GAME OFF OF A DEMO...IT'S COMPLETE IRROGANCE
fiercedeity901

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 fiercedeity901
[QUOTE="HellRazer360"][QUOTE="Ket87"]Every complaint that people seem to have points to the obvious fact they have never played Devil May Cry before because if they had they would know there is more to it. Thats how it is with all demos anyways, they water down the gameplay and remove key features. Not to mention the fact the demo removes probably 70% of the actual combat gameplay and is only the easy difficulty. You have one weapon and one gun and no upgrades or combos obtained by leveling up weapons, just the deault set up. You get more combos and skills by using the orbs which is removed from the demo. A lot of what the demo takes out (weapons, skills, enemy variety) all stems from the fact is the demo is what 600 some odd MBs no space for that stuff.HellRazer360

plus dmc4 just isnt my type of game...the only real button masher i play and love is dynasty warriors

dynasty warriors????....*throws up*....*twice*
flowernuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 flowernuts
Member since 2007 • 153 Posts

[QUOTE="Tree06"]I never played any of the games in the series before but that demo was fun.Once I got the hang of it I did the same combo. I'll just wait for Ninja Gaiden 2.InFaMous_Si

Someone needs to shut up.

Strife88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Strife88
Member since 2005 • 6073 Posts
I can't believe how many people are hating on DMC. To everyone who didn't like the demo go rent the game in two weeks and you'll see why this game is hyped up as much as it is. It's just that good.
fiercedeity901

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 fiercedeity901
I can't believe how many people are hating on DMC. To everyone who didn't like the demo go rent the game in two weeks and you'll see why this game is hyped up as much as it is. It's just that good.Strife88
it's just a bunch of M$ fans who were spoiled with NG and all it's remakes...DMC is way better than NG, but they don't wanna admit it cause DMC4 is still essentially a sony title cause that's where it came from...they don't wanna admit that DMC kicks ass, lol i'm so glad DMC4 came to the 360...the PS3 is so not worth it right now
Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Ket87

I can't believe how many people are hating on DMC. To everyone who didn't like the demo go rent the game in two weeks and you'll see why this game is hyped up as much as it is. It's just that good.Strife88

I'm starting to think that a lot of these 360 owners on this forum only ever had an Xbox last gen. And they only have their over-hyped Ninja Gaiden to look back on to compare, played through it twice and DMC3 owns it on every level. And I think this board is just can't understand the concept of a demo removing a lot of features present in the actual game.

chefstubbies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#32 chefstubbies
Member since 2007 • 2583 Posts

Does nobody here remember the Devil May Cry demo packaged with Code Veronica on the PS2? The demo blew! I was convinced the actual game would suck just the same, but as it turned out the real game was awesome!

PassageD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 PassageD

Here's a simple yet effect idiom to sum up this entire DMC4 demo debate:

YOU CAN'T JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER.

goodbye.

Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Ket87
And a brief epilouge to that note. All demos suck, deal with it. A demo is meant to be played for 10 minutes or less to show you the game. And most important features that give the games depth or enjoyment are cut. Plus the era of downloadable demos makes it even worse because a demo with a lot of content takes 3X as long to download then you will actually spend playing it anyways so they cut features to make the download small.
julian2890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#35 julian2890
Member since 2005 • 1283 Posts
As my 1st DMC game, I absolutely love the demo.
Crusade_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Crusade_17
Member since 2007 • 395 Posts
i loved the demo like a brother or something like that. People are just scared cuz they like o its a sony game for so long and wat not. do u people honestly understand how awesome ng2 and dmc4 on the same system is?????????
Staryoshi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Staryoshi87

i loved the demo like a brother or something like that. People are just scared cuz they like o its a sony game for so long and wat not. do u people honestly understand how awesome ng2 and dmc4 on the same system is?????????Crusade_17

If someone doesn't like the demo, it's not because they're "scared" or an "MS fanboy" or anything that's been said. Have you considered that we just don't like it? I didn't see anything new or innnovating in the game, and I don't think it has the substance to warrant a purchase. Does that mean everyone should feel that way? No. Does that mean that I do? Yes. Just because you "love it like a brother" doesn't mean we can't hate it like a brother-in-law that always wants to borrow money. A demo is indicative of the game that it represents. Saying you can't judge a game by the demo along is like saying the summary on the back of a book has no value or that movie previews don't tell you anything about the movie. Rediculous.

_Dez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 _Dez_
Member since 2006 • 2398 Posts

Does nobody here remember the Devil May Cry demo packaged with Code Veronica on the PS2? The demo blew! I was convinced the actual game would suck just the same, but as it turned out the real game was awesome!

chefstubbies

I didn't think so. When I got my hands on that demo, I couldn't stop playing it, and it practically guaranteed my purchase for the game when it came out. Ironically, I was playing the demo more than Code Veronica.

Most things have been said: The game has the feel from 1 and 3, which is a great thing in my opinion. The games allow for a lot of variety in the combat, which doesn't exactly show itself here, but it's meant whet the appetite for the action enthusiast. It's not everybody's thing, but I don't think it's fair to call the game repetitive.

DMC4 looks like it will bring formula from 3, which is great. You get the choice between two distance weapons and two melee weapons and you are able to switch them around at the touch of a button. Mix that in with the free-style combat and you have a large amount of variety in your combos.

Here's one example of a skilled DMC player on youtube. Sure there's some button mashing, but to string up combos like that requires some finesse, which is what I enjoy so much about the game. If you can, at least consider a rental.

fiercedeity901

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 fiercedeity901

[QUOTE="Crusade_17"]i loved the demo like a brother or something like that. People are just scared cuz they like o its a sony game for so long and wat not. do u people honestly understand how awesome ng2 and dmc4 on the same system is?????????Staryoshi87

If someone doesn't like the demo, it's not because they're "scared" or an "MS fanboy" or anything that's been said. Have you considered that we just don't like it? I didn't see anything new or innnovating in the game, and I don't think it has the substance to warrant a purchase. Does that mean everyone should feel that way? No. Does that mean that I do? Yes. Just because you "love it like a brother" doesn't mean we can't hate it like a brother-in-law that always wants to borrow money. A demo is indicative of the game that it represents. Saying you can't judge a game by the demo along is like saying the summary on the back of a book has no value or that movie previews don't tell you anything about the movie. Rediculous.

u didn't see anything new or innovating?...umm how about the devil bringer...dee dee dee and it was a 10 min demo...god...play the actual game...then come back and tell me if there isn't anything new or innovating
capthavic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#40 capthavic
Member since 2003 • 6478 Posts

I don't remember it being so repetitive. All you do is press the same button over and over again. Jump, press the button. Roll press the button. Run up to a door, press the button. I was bored! I think I'll pass on this one.R0SSMATHIS

I'm not a DMC expert but how is that different from past games?

Staryoshi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Staryoshi87
[QUOTE="Staryoshi87"]

[QUOTE="Crusade_17"]i loved the demo like a brother or something like that. People are just scared cuz they like o its a sony game for so long and wat not. do u people honestly understand how awesome ng2 and dmc4 on the same system is?????????fiercedeity901

u didn't see anything new or innovating?...umm how about the devil bringer...dee dee dee and it was a 10 min demo...god...play the actual game...then come back and tell me if there isn't anything new or innovating

Enchanted Arms. So you think the rest of the levels will be completely different and inspired by the hand of god causing us to drastically alter the way we play games today? Or do you think that they'll be similar to the demo levels? Yeah, that's what I thought. It's fine if people like it, but I for one, don't. I won't tell you not to buy the game, so don't try to convince me it's zomg amazing, because imo it isn't. I hope you enjoy it, though ^_^

btw http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/747/747936/img_3556114.html

ratchet3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ratchet3
Member since 2004 • 7883 Posts
People saying they're going to wait for NG2, DMC has the same concept as NG (hack-n-slash) Maybe you little being Ryu and who doesn't but if you didn't like the button mashing and killing enemy after enemy you're not going to like NG.
Avatar image for ReverseCycology
ReverseCycology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 ReverseCycology
Member since 2006 • 9717 Posts

I actually tried to jump on the walls like you did in Ninja Gaiden, but it didn't work, ha. Playing this demo just got me more hyped for NG2. DMC4 will be a rental for me, unless somebody buys it as a gift for me.

Serial_Killa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#44 Serial_Killa
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
I agree that the demo did suck but it's as I expected.I am sure the full game will rock but it's a shame that a lame demo did the game no justice.Just wait till you are powered up,have a selection of your favourite weapons and your favourite fighting style at the touch of a button.Not to forget some of those awesome combo's and the Devil Trigger with some brain twisting puzzles and a few intense boss fights thrown in.....Those who know this series will have no doubts that 4 will be awesome and to those who don't....don't judge by the demo...the full game will kick ass...I hope lol:P
p00phead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#45 p00phead
Member since 2007 • 1203 Posts
hey it's just a demo not the full game it doesn't represent the final product cmon give it a chance just rent it if you didn't like the demo .
Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Ket87
StarYoshi your saying a demo is indicative of the final game? Its not in the least, most demos restrict you in everything. The DMC4 demo pretty much removed what makes DMC fun by taking away all the new moves, powers, skills, and weapons obtained through leveling up with the orbs. People are saying the combat isnt fun because there are only the two weapons and so few moves is because you are playing the demo with all the base stuff the would get upgraded within the first few minutes of an actual DMC game. Capcom didn't do DMC4 justice in the demo by cripling it by at least not making it so you had some mid-game skills at the least to mess around and 1 or two more weapons.
XileLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#47 XileLord
Member since 2007 • 3776 Posts

*Looks at Display picture*

yup your a DMC fan wouldn't have expected any different. My advice to you is opinions. You figure it out from there.

secondomen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 secondomen
Member since 2003 • 885 Posts

I don't remember it being so repetitive. All you do is press the same button over and over again. Jump, press the button. Roll press the button. Run up to a door, press the button. I was bored! I think I'll pass on this one.R0SSMATHIS

Did you play the first 3? The series is based on button mashing thats what made it so popular. I never could tolerate playing it so naturally I wont enjoy 4.

secondomen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 secondomen

InFaMous_Si

The story and main character in the series have always been silly and obnoxious. Button mashing is ok...to a point. I definately see DMC4 being an improvement over the rest of the series, and its not by much, but that isnt saying much. Never have and never will pick up a DMC game. To each his own.

secondomen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 secondomen
[QUOTE="HellRazer360"][QUOTE="InFaMous_Si"]

[QUOTE="Tree06"]I never played any of the games in the series before but that demo was fun.Once I got the hang of it I did the same combo. I'll just wait for Ninja Gaiden 2.HeirofSparda

Never mind the first 3 games? Same series.