Desperately need help in Dark Souls

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Essian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#1 Essian
Member since 2007 • 3444 Posts

So I have a major problem in my playthrough of Dark Souls right now. I am 100% hollowed, and my cache of 3700 souls and 1 humanity is stuck in a buck futting impossible fight that I can't possibly do alone with my current weapons. I am speaking, of course, of the Bell Gargoyles.

Here is the issue: I remember this kind of fight with the Maneaters, but they could be realiably blocked when they would attack, where the gargoyles cant. Well, they can, but one of them is almost almost spewing fire, and I take a good 20% of the dmg whether I block or not when I get hit by the fire, making this fight nearly impossible. Couple that with the fact that I have no ranged weapons, I still can't find a ****ing vendor, and I can't summon anyone for any butt ****ing help because I'm dead!

One other major problem with me finishing this basically impossible fight is that BECAUSE I have yet to find a smith of some kind, or ANY vendor. Which means my weapon spear (which is the only safe weapon to use to fight these guys) does 18dmg on a normal hit, 31 on a strong hit, which is risky. Hurray for the world being open, but for god's sake, I need to be able to find a vendor eventually, and considering I have already killed one boss, killed a mini boss and am dying horribly to this I feel as though I should have encountered one by now.

I don't feel like it's cheap or broken, I think I'm going about this wrong. I think I need to work on an easier area than the bell gargoyles atm, and I think that I need to get some better gear and a bit higher level and then come back. The problem is, I don't know where else to go! The only two places I know of are the area I'm in now, and New Londo below me. I don't know if that will be any easier, or lead me to a smith though, and that is the one major issue i am having. I just have no idea where to go right now, and I need help.

So please, if you can give me any advice on what to do now, where to go next, how to make this any easier, please let me know. I think for the moment I am going to drop my soul sign near the boss fight and see if anyone else could use some help with it. At any rate, it will get me some souls nad some humanity to work with. Thanks for your help guys!

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

Well, I have just gotten to the Undead Parish so maybe this won't be of much help to you, but I did come across a vendor in the Undead Burg. Of course, you probably don't want to backtrack that way anyway...

Edit: I probably should tell you where he is. There's this one bonfire (you've probably been at it) in a room with a broken staircase and a ladder. Leaving the room, slightly to your left is a narrow bridge where 3 skeletons will throw firebombs down at you, and to your right is a skeleton archer facing backwards (he's looking at the way you originally came from). Well, to get to the vendor, you want to go down a staircase on the right, where you'll need to take out some skeletons before proceeding. Immediately heading down said staircase, to your left will be two skeleton spearman. Take them out. Now in this squarish-shaped area, there will be a bunch of crates/low-lying junk sitting on one side of the area. Destroy it by either slashing it with your weapon or rolling, this is a hidden staircase. Head down the staircase, and go straight out the door at the bottom. The vendor should be there.

Hopefully this is a good enough description, I'm not very good at describing this stuff but you sounded like you really needed a vendor so this is one. But again, there might be one closer to you, as it would bea pain to travel back so far.

jovahutcwsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 jovahutcwsu
Member since 2010 • 58 Posts

The gargoyles are weak to Fire. I am stuck at the same fight ATM however I am a sorcerrer. The fire breather rapes me every time.I think the other areas are actually more difficult. Time andpersistence my fried, time and persistence.

jovahutcwsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 jovahutcwsu
Member since 2010 • 58 Posts

Also I was somehow able to get lots of humanity at random times.. Like I killed rats and got humanity from them, it was random.

Essian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#5 Essian
Member since 2007 • 3444 Posts

Also I was somehow able to get lots of humanity at random times.. Like I killed rats and got humanity from them, it was random.

jovahutcwsu
Well I went back and did some other stuff for a few hours while I waited for replies, and here is what I have now: A full set of Black Leather Assassin gear, which for the same weight seems to give me much better resistance, the Drake Sword, which does a consistent 131 dmg to all foes, so I imagine it will do a solid 60-70 per hit to the gargoyles, some golden pine resin which adds lightening dmg, which I hope will let me burn down one of them fast so I can get back to 1v1, and I got my white soapstone, so if I fail I am just gonna drop my sign, get summoned, and build a few more soul levels before trying again. Overall, I spent about 3 hours today getting beat down by that boss fight and making babysteps of progress. Sounds like the norm for the game to me :)