Deadly Premonition???

This topic is locked from further discussion.

HoboAssasin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 HoboAssasin2
Member since 2009 • 138 Posts

it says on gamestops website that it came out yesterday but i cannot find any reviews online

does anyone have any info or a review or played this game ?

tophustler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 tophustler
Member since 2008 • 255 Posts

i thought i was the only 1 who knew about this game i mean this game is really unknown no1 knoes about it

HoboAssasin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 HoboAssasin2

ya i have been following it for like a month now. i was intrested in it beacause it is only 20 bucks ( that is cheap even for a low budget game) and i like horror games

Doomtime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Doomtime
Member since 2004 • 4282 Posts
Doesn't look very good, but then again it's only $20. According to Amazon, it's out on Feb 23
Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

I saw it a while ago. Looks like ****, so I never worried about it after that. Didn't even no it was out yet.

Dantethayer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Dantethayer1
Member since 2008 • 569 Posts

I just preordered it, looks pretty good i like 3rd person action/adventure horror games. It also supposed to have about 20 hours of gameplay and a good sounding story.

HoboAssasin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 HoboAssasin2

did you get it yet?

fatooosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 866

#8 fatooosh
Member since 2009 • 979 Posts

amazon.com Product Description Deadly Premonition is a third-person survival-horror-action game that blends gritty crime investigation gameplay, with a topnotch story and melee and ranged combat. Set across an expansive and persistent open world game environment filled with more than 30 non-player characters (NPCs), side quests and multiple types of deadly supernatural enemies, Deadly Premonition offers a unique and haunting interactive gaming experience unlike any other.

Story
Deadly Premonition follows the adventures of Special Agent Francis York Morgan sent to the fictional Pacific Northwest town of Greenvale to investigate the brutal murder of a young local beauty. Amidst the backdrop of soaring mountains and a town filled with eccentric natives, Agent Morgan must solve the mystery of the Red Seed Murders and stay alive in a place where supernatural creatures and a legendary folklore killer seek to end his investigation permanently.

Investigate the mystery and survive the terror in Greenvale with Special Agent

Gameplay
Action in Deadly Premonition is split between investigative gameplay required to solve the series of murders that have been committed in Greenvale and combat tactics needed to survive the bevy of creatures that inexplicably lurk the town and its surroundings. The game features a persistent open world which the player in the role of Agent Morgan can explore at will, searching for clues and observing and/or interacting with non-player characters (NPCs). The game is populated with more than 30 NPCs, each with its own personality, backstory, etc. These townspeople are wary of becoming the next victim of the murderer on the loose, and one perhaps of being exposed as the killer. Because of the variety of NPC attitudes toward Agent Morgan and his investigation, as well as the persistent gameworld allowing them to have their own schedules which vary from hour to hour, players can stalk them, hoping to reveal clues, character insights and even side quests. Deadly Premonition also contains a wealth of horror-survival combat gameplay. As players crisscross the gameworld in search of clues to the murders, they will encounter dangerous, otherworldly creatures. Some of these like the zombie like "Shadows" can be dealt with using a variety of melee weapons and firearms available in the game, but players will also encounter the legendary axe-wielding fiend known as the "Raincoat Killer". What if any connection is there between these creatures and the murders afflicting the town? That is up to you to determine. What is certain though is that they pose an immediate and very real threat to your survival, making players' decisions whether to run or stand his ground crucial in each varying situation.

Key Game Features

• A living, breathing persistent world of investigative mystery, featuring NPCs with their own individual mysteries to uncover.
  • Dozens of side quests that will further immerse the player and reveal more of Greenvale's secret underbelly.
  • Engage in open world adventure as you go sightseeing and explore the town of Greenvale while you solve the mysteries within it.
  • A combination of over-the-shoulder shooter action, driving, and 3rd person adventure/exploration offers a variety of gameplay.
  • Use your profiling prowess to recreate the crime with the various clues and items found at the scene.
  • Dozens of melee, ranged and hidden weapons to defend yourself from the onslaught of evil.
  • Lengthy campaign with over 20 hours of gameplay.

• Crime investigation gameplay.
    More than 30 unique NPCs.
    3rd-person survival action.
    Frightening boss encounters.

Product DescriptionDeadly Premonition, developed by Access Games, is a third-person survival horror action game which puts players in the role of FBI Agent Francis York Morgan. In the process of investigating a murder, players will examine a series of interlocking mysteries in a remote rural town and will encounter an array of complex characters pivotal to the unraveling of the storyline's mystery. Suspenseful action sequences will force players to make strategic moves, gliding by enemies in the shadows or engaging them with long-range weapons or hand-to-hand melee combat. Amidst a backdrop of soaring mountains and a town filled with eccentric natives, Agent Morgan must solve the mystery of the 'Red Seed Murders' and stay alive in a place where supernatural creatures and a folklore killer seek to end his investigation permanently. From the unparalleled atmosphere, music and mysterious storyline to driving vehicles and exploring the entire town, Deadly Premonition will offer players a unique and haunting interactive gaming experience unlike any other
Doomtime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Doomtime
Well IGN just gave it a 2/10. Ouch.
Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Phoenix534

Well IGN just gave it a 2/10. Ouch. Doomtime

Damn! That hurt me.

narog84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#11 narog84
Member since 2006 • 1126 Posts

IGn kill the game XD

Doomtime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Doomtime

[QUOTE="Doomtime"]Well IGN just gave it a 2/10. Ouch. Phoenix534

Damn! That hurt me.

But then again, some user reviews are giving out 6 and 7's. For $20, I'd say you can't really go wrong.

archvile_78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 archvile_78
Member since 2007 • 8438 Posts

Here's the IGN review.

''Awful in nearly every way. The Twin Peaks meets Resident Evil with a dash of Grand Theft Auto formula sounds pretty great, but it was well beyond the capabilities of this development team. Terrible controls. Terrible pacing. Terrible sound effects. Terrible visuals. Maybe you can convince yourself that these things don't matter as you work through this surreal and quirky storyline. The rest of us will be off playing better videogames.''

Odd i kinda liked the the bit i seen when my friend bought it.

Anjunaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Anjunaddict
Member since 2010 • 4178 Posts
Hmm i wonder will it get a european release, id be interested in at least renting it.
franky_babylon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 franky_babylon
Member since 2008 • 1117 Posts

I work for Gamestop and we only got 1 copy of the game. When I played it, it was for a brief moment and all I can say is BAD. Not even worth 20 bucks!

Hakud0ushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 Hakud0ushi
Member since 2005 • 7613 Posts
Well IGN just gave it a 2/10. Ouch. Doomtime
Lmao. The gameplay looks terrible imo.
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts
cool premise... looks like failed delivery.
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

It's an awesome game. "Jack of all trades, master of none", would be an apt description for Deadly Premonition.

And look, even NeoGAF loves it...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=387915&page=4

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=387915&page=5

That's when you know IGN is dead wrong. ;)

It's just so unique and quirky.

I like it. Yes, it looks like a Wii game in HD. Yes, its gameplay is average at best. But man, the structure of the game, the story, the characters, the music (even though the tracks repeat too much...), are completely awesome. It's way more open and experimental than I thought. And when it does get more linear, it has a pretty interesting story and cast of characters to keep you caught up in the game.

Can't beat it for $20!

It allows you to do a ton of things in a large world like Shenmue.

If you're all about the graphics, though, avoid this game like the plague.

It's garnering a cult status reception amongst gamers.

LostSoul781

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 LostSoul781
Member since 2003 • 1630 Posts

IGN has a review, gave it a 2/10

KillerJuan77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 KillerJuan77
Member since 2007 • 3823 Posts

I'm interested on buying it, a new horror game for 20 bucks that's similar to Shenmue? SOLD!

And I don't care about the graphics, unless it suffers framerate-wise...

ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#22 ironcreed
Member since 2005 • 14195 Posts

I went ahead and ordered it after doing more research and watching more gameplay. For 20.00, I can overlook the dated visuals and low budget production value. The game just looks like a straight up trip...and a creepy one at that. The 360 needs more niche titles like this.

Doomtime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Doomtime

It's an awesome game. "Jack of all trades, master of none", would be an apt description for Deadly Premonition.

And look, even NeoGAF loves it...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=387915&page=4

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=387915&page=5

That's when you know IGN is dead wrong. ;)

It's just so unique and quirky.

I like it. Yes, it looks like a Wii game in HD. Yes, its gameplay is average at best. But man, the structure of the game, the story, the characters, the music (even though the tracks repeat too much...), are completely awesome. It's way more open and experimental than I thought. And when it does get more linear, it has a pretty interesting story and cast of characters to keep you caught up in the game.

Can't beat it for $20!

It allows you to do a ton of things in a large world like Shenmue.

If you're all about the graphics, though, avoid this game like the plague.

It's garnering a cult status reception amongst gamers.

BioShockOwnz
IGN is neither right nor wrong.
Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Phoenix534

Just watched the IGN video on the drving gameplay, my thought, OMGZZZZZZ Seriouly, 60mph with a police car, WTF.....magicalclick

lol That was hilarious.