dead space and toys r us.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

larocabottom1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 larocabottom1
Member since 2003 • 190 Posts

I just wanted to know if anybody is having a problem finding dead space at a toys r us near you? I live in new york and so far every toys r us I search for doesn't have it yet, some workers say they'll get it tomorrow some say friday some say sunday. Normally I wouldn't care about toys r us and just buy it from best buy or another store that has it but I'm trying to take advantage of the buy 2 games get the third free sale they have at toys r us, I wanna get saints row 2,brothers in arms:hells highway and dead space but I can't cuz they don't have dead space. I really think the company's holding off shipments to toys r us until sunday when the sales over so they don't lose out on sales what do you guys think?

xfactor19990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 xfactor19990
Member since 2004 • 10917 Posts
aGREED ya, they are holding back online too
shawn7324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#3 shawn7324
Member since 2006 • 8690 Posts
I don't know anything about the sale, however such a sales tactic does seem possible as they are out to profit off the sale.
Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Mau-Justice
Member since 2008 • 4907 Posts

It's a bogus decieving scam. Toys R Us is trying to say Dead Space has a release date of Oct 20th, so that they don't have to put it up as an option for the buy 2 get one free promotion, which ends Oct 18th.

But who's the decieving one...EA or Toys R Us?

rhcp027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 rhcp027
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
They are feeding you straight **** if i were you i would go complain... Oct 20th is the launch for the pc if your trying to pick it up on the console it came out yesterday. I call shinanigans on toys r us...
Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Mau-Justice
Member since 2008 • 4907 Posts

They are feeding you straight **** if i were you i would go complain... Oct 20th is the launch for the pc if your trying to pick it up on the console it came out yesterday. I call shinanigans on toys r us...rhcp027

It's either Toys R Us is only trying to get rid of old games, or EA doesn't want to be part of the promotion...but I think it's Toys R Us. They can't just give away a game free without compensating a developer for it.

So I think it's Toys R Us that's the evil one in this.

larocabottom1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 larocabottom1
Member since 2003 • 190 Posts
Beleive me I was complaining but they don't care,one guy told me that the company(ea) hasn't shipped it to them yet and he said they were suppose to get it tuesday, and another freakin idiot said they were not gonna carry it at all. When I heard that stupidness I wanted to punch him in the mouth, one guy was cool and straight with me and told me he'll call me when they get it and also said if they was hiding it in the back of the store he would of brought it out and gave it to me. Anways my situation right now is i'm holding onto saints row 2,brothers in arms and soul calibur 4 until hopefully I get the call then I could exchange SC4 for dead space, and more BS,I can't open none of the games or else I can't exchange them. I'm so f****** pis*** with toys r us right now.
xfactor19990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 xfactor19990
Member since 2004 • 10917 Posts
i got a gift receipt here is what i did, i bought dead space on PS3 (it was in stock) so then i was like well i need a gift receipt cuz im not sure they have a PS3, so now when the time comes i get my copy of Dead Space
chicagog19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 chicagog19
Member since 2006 • 753 Posts
I could not find a 360 copy, but i did find a ps3 copy at a toys r us here in chicago
b11051973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 b11051973
Member since 2002 • 7621 Posts

I gave up on TRU and Dead Space. I wanted it in the buy 2, get 1 free deal, but they never got it in. My TRU said they would get it Monday.

So, I got Saints Row 2, SOCOM and Pure instead.

Missfoxxxyme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Missfoxxxyme
I got 2 copies at the local toys r us about 3 days ago. The lady there told me that they got the displays but the game didnt ship with it. I dont think Toys r us did this on purpose. They kinda just seem unorganized sometimes. They even had their copies of Fable 2 out and the lady almost sold me one. Dang computer gave her a warning and blew it for me though.
Avatar image for HilbillyRokstar
HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 HilbillyRokstar
Member since 2007 • 3236 Posts

I just wanted to know if anybody is having a problem finding dead space at a toys r us near you? I live in new york and so far every toys r us I search for doesn't have it yet, some workers say they'll get it tomorrow some say friday some say sunday. Normally I wouldn't care about toys r us and just buy it from best buy or another store that has it but I'm trying to take advantage of the buy 2 games get the third free sale they have at toys r us, I wanna get saints row 2,brothers in arms:hells highway and dead space but I can't cuz they don't have dead space. I really think the company's holding off shipments to toys r us until sunday when the sales over so they don't lose out on sales what do you guys think?

larocabottom1
I took the ad to Best Buy and they matched it. Simple as that.
Avatar image for ninjapirate2000
ninjapirate2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ninjapirate2000
Member since 2008 • 3347 Posts
i got 3 games, saints 2, madden 09 and soul calibur 4 i didnt open any of them so i can go back next week and exchange madden and soul calibur for fable 2 and dead space.
OspreyDawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 OspreyDawn
Member since 2008 • 283 Posts
Dead Space and Toys R Us, don't seem like two words you'd likely see in a sentence lol.
XDevil_666UG2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 XDevil_666UG2

I got 2 copies at the local toys r us about 3 days ago. The lady there told me that they got the displays but the game didnt ship with it. I dont think Toys r us did this on purpose. They kinda just seem unorganized sometimes. They even had their copies of Fable 2 out and the lady almost sold me one. Dang computer gave her a warning and blew it for me though.Missfoxxxyme

Please tell me that isnt you and your GF on ur avatar?

hellshemi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 hellshemi
Member since 2006 • 908 Posts

[QUOTE="rhcp027"]They are feeding you straight **** if i were you i would go complain... Oct 20th is the launch for the pc if your trying to pick it up on the console it came out yesterday. I call shinanigans on toys r us...Mau-Justice

It's either Toys R Us is only trying to get rid of old games, or EA doesn't want to be part of the promotion...but I think it's Toys R Us. They can't just give away a game free without compensating a developer for it.

So I think it's Toys R Us that's the evil one in this.

TRU along with other retailers buy the games from the developers before they sell them to you. So even if they give the game away TRU loses money not the developer.

They are just trying to get rid of old stock. They don't want to put the newer games out because they know they will sell anyway.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#17 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts

It's a bogus decieving scam. Toys R Us is trying to say Dead Space has a release date of Oct 20th, so that they don't have to put it up as an option for the buy 2 get one free promotion, which ends Oct 18th.

But who's the decieving one...EA or Toys R Us?

Mau-Justice

EA doesnt decide when it is released into specific stores, they dont have any power over toys R us releasing games

Kaos39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Kaos39
Member since 2007 • 695 Posts
I had no problem getting mine at Toys R Us, I picked up Dead Space, Saints Row 2, and SWFU. I'm going to return Dead Space and SR2 though, so I can get Fable and Gears.