Dead Rising early game help

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hawkeyes1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 hawkeyes1234
Member since 2009 • 124 Posts

I just started playing dead rising but i suck balls right now because the zombies kill me very fast. it takes me forever to level up and get stronger so anyone got any tips on how to not die and actually level up

WPxPaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 WPxPaladin
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

You are making the same mistakes as me. You SHOULD die. You don't lose your level, you get to start a new game at that level. If you try to beat the game the first time through without dying you are going to make life very stressfull. Of course if you are up to the challenge more power to you.

I got a car and went to the parking garage to get a few levels before I really started in on the story. I am level 20ish or so and I can still have problems at night. Just remember that it's ok to die, repetition of the content lets you get used to it so you know what you need to do. The higher level you are the easier it becomes and ultimatly the more you see.

CodingGenius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#3 CodingGenius
Member since 2004 • 8118 Posts
Two things to do to increase level quickly: rescue the first few survivors and take a LOT of photos. Don't worry too much about dying - you won't be able to complete the game at a low level.
mastershakez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 mastershakez
Member since 2007 • 3260 Posts

There are a few useful hidden weapons I'll point out for you. In paradise plaza: from the restaurant on the second story, jump over the rail right next to the juice to get a katana. From the stairs near that same restaurant(the ones closer to the warehouse), jump on top of the kids stores sign. Follow the sign covers to the end to find a SMG.

There are two more SMGs. One in the fountain at al fresca plaza, and one on top of a chef statue in the food court. There may be more, but those are the ones I can remember right now.