dead rising coop!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for MmMaAaDdDaAaSsS
MmMaAaDdDaAaSsS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 MmMaAaDdDaAaSsS
Member since 2006 • 515 Posts

http://kotaku.com/gaming/dead-rising/rumour-dead-rising-co+op-241412.php

Better late than never. In their April issue, EGM's Mr. Rumour, Quartermann, whispers that the platinum/clasics release of Dead Rising will/might feature co-op play. I'm sorry....excuse me, but...OMG. If that game needed one, single thing to tip it from being "great if annoying" to "BRILLIANT", wading through hordes of the undead in tandem would be it.

For those who already own Dead Rising, the co-op feature would be available as a (paid) download. Keep that under $10 and you've got yourselves a deal, Capcom.

(also found on multiple other sites, however it seems pointless to say of them all)

dead rising is becoming a coop game! that will be AMAZING i simply cannot wait for this, it should be awesome!

PS.sorry if this has already been posted but my search button doesnt like me atm and so will not do its job:(

lvin5992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 lvin5992
Member since 2005 • 2969 Posts
Sounds good, it would be like Crackdown.
afexthedamaja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 afexthedamaja
Member since 2004 • 752 Posts
oh man, that is freaking cool. I felt bad showing my friends this game when they came over... they couldn't play it cause' I didn't want them screwing up my game progress.
Ryo_Kensen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#4 Ryo_Kensen
Member since 2005 • 3480 Posts
I will buy it the day the Platinum Edition comes out, that way I can play with my friend online in a game that's not Halo 2.
hawkeye_12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5 hawkeye_12
Member since 2006 • 1250 Posts
Its only a roumer isn't it? But still, i'm waiting to get the game for this, but if it doesn't, i'll get it anyway.
MmMaAaDdDaAaSsS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MmMaAaDdDaAaSsS

oh man, that is freaking cool. I felt bad showing my friends this game when they came over... they couldn't play it cause' I didn't want them screwing up my game progress.afexthedamaja

lol! you could just not save it you know? there is no autosave feature in it (as every DR player has learnt to their displeasure!)

Its only a roumer isn't it? But still, i'm waiting to get the game for this, but if it doesn't, i'll get it anyway.hawkeye_12

yeah it is a rumor but a pretty strong rumor at that, and capcom knows its what every DR palyer wants. imagine the money they could make! its also te right time IMO, maybes a little too late - as the game gets less popular and is on fewer peoples now playing lists, they release something that will bring profits back up. its just like with GeOW - if they packaged annex with the original game, nobody would have thought any different and roughly the sme amount of people would have bought the game; however, releasing the game mode when the hubub of the game had died down, brought back its popularity somewhat, and led to a small surge in sales

hawkeye_12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 hawkeye_12
Member since 2006 • 1250 Posts

[QUOTE="afexthedamaja"]oh man, that is freaking cool. I felt bad showing my friends this game when they came over... they couldn't play it cause' I didn't want them screwing up my game progress.MmMaAaDdDaAaSsS

lol! you could just not save it you know? there is no autosave feature in it (as every DR player has learnt to their displeasure!)

Its only a roumer isn't it? But still, i'm waiting to get the game for this, but if it doesn't, i'll get it anyway.hawkeye_12

yeah it is a rumor but a pretty strong rumor at that, and capcom knows its what every DR palyer wants. imagine the money they could make! its also te right time IMO, maybes a little too late - as the game gets less popular and is on fewer peoples now playing lists, they release something that will bring profits back up. its just like with GeOW - if they packaged annex with the original game, nobody would have thought any different and roughly the sme amount of people would have bought the game; however, releasing the game mode when the hubub of the game had died down, brought back its popularity somewhat, and led to a small surge in sales

hmm... i still think its quite unlikely, not never going to happen, but i think there will be in DR2 

blue-fish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 blue-fish
Member since 2003 • 1389 Posts
Maybe I'll actually get the game then, it's stayed way too pricey for me, even the used copies.  With co-op and a price drop maybe ill pick it up.
zero9167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 zero9167
Member since 2005 • 14554 Posts
On the official dead rising forums theres a stickied thread from a rep saying its not true...
MajorAwesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MajorAwesome
Member since 2007 • 34 Posts

Maybe I'll actually get the game then, it's stayed way too pricey for me, even the used copies.  With co-op and a price drop maybe ill pick it up.blue-fish

Well now's your chance, the price just dropped down to $40. 

MmMaAaDdDaAaSsS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MmMaAaDdDaAaSsS

On the official dead rising forums theres a stickied thread from a rep saying its not true...zero9167

and how many times do we hear companies lie like this. eg ILB was once denied as being connected to halo by Bungie - turned out to be false:)

ytford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ytford
Member since 2005 • 997 Posts

WHoaa! They better offer a download to update the game if this is true, for all of us who already own the game. It would be an absolute outrage if they didnt!

mother_farter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#13 mother_farter
Member since 2003 • 16676 Posts
this isnt for sure though right? isnt it only a rumor?
LUK3isH3RE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 LUK3isH3RE
Member since 2006 • 1492 Posts

Well... If any game could be made all the greater for featuring Co-op, Dead rising is surely that game.

And to ytford, there is going to be an update for those who already own the game, apparently.

Why would Capcom pass up on an oppurtunity this big?

It's Win - Win. We get so much more from an already great game and they get loads more money from those wanting Co-op! 

RamboSymbiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 RamboSymbiot
Member since 2007 • 6302 Posts
Sounds Awsome, i`ll look into it
sinx1971

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16 sinx1971
Member since 2003 • 4731 Posts
I can't for platinum edition to come out, i've been holding off buying it so i can get the version with the co-op feature rather than getting it on XBL. Transformers Rules!!
Generic_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#17 Generic_Dude
Member since 2006 • 11707 Posts
I don't think it'll happen, but it would be awesome. The game would lend itself well to that kind of thing, and since I just got all 1000 achievement points last weekend, I'd definitely like something new to do. Particularly one that didn't involve saving 50 survivors again. UGH.
gatsbythepig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 gatsbythepig
Member since 2003 • 11998 Posts
Now I'll buy the game, that is awesome.
DZBricktop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DZBricktop
Member since 2007 • 2914 Posts
I heard this rumor about 3 months ago and have been waiting to hear something new about it ever sense. Nothing.
HaloONE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 HaloONE
Member since 2003 • 2274 Posts
This is amazing. The game was already spectacular, I can't wait