Custom Controls for Gears of War 3?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

wiggie123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 wiggie123
Member since 2008 • 107 Posts

I was wondering if gears 3 would have custom controls, the gears of war 2 campaign was pretty good but when I went to online i felt like switching weapons was so inconvenient on the d pad. I would like run to be lb and that black and white thing to go to the d pad and make the switch weapon to be one of the face buttons, in the end custom controls is probably going to be the deciding factor if I will get 3

orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#2 orb_03_2006
Member since 2006 • 8494 Posts

Not that I know of. I don't see them changing it.

Although I do agree. The Y button is so pointless in that game. They could just as easily switch it with UP on the d pad.

Xoxxsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Xoxxsi
Member since 2004 • 41 Posts

I was wondering if gears 3 would have custom controls, the gears of war 2 campaign was pretty good but when I went to online i felt like switching weapons was so inconvenient on the d pad. I would like run to be lb and that black and white thing to go to the d pad and make the switch weapon to be one of the face buttons, in the end custom controls is probably going to be the deciding factor if I will get 3

wiggie123

I think left bumper as run would be way more awkward than A, especially for people who in online play are wall bouncing and superman-ing, which requires pressing both the right trigger and a at the same time. No, the controls are definitely pretty smooth as they are. The D-pad could be a little smoother for gun changing, but i think messing with the other controls just to help switching guns would be a mistake. Just my opinion though.

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#4 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
I don't see how switching weapons in gears could be any more convenient, you have four weapons choices, Two primaries, your pistol and grenade. Cycling betwen them all with a button would be tedious. Why would you want to use the tac com with the d-pad? I doubt Gears 3 will have custom controls.