Curious about Oblivion...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MsCortana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 MsCortana
Member since 2007 • 10565 Posts
I have never played any of The Elder Scrolls series and was curious if I would be able to follow the storyline and gameplay if I purchased the latest edition of the series for the 360?
steveslugga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 steveslugga
Member since 2007 • 1344 Posts
its an amazing game, the storyline is eassy to follow & very fun, go get it! its cheap now too :D
ukillwegrill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 ukillwegrill
Member since 2007 • 3528 Posts

I have never played any of the Oblivion series and was curious if I would be able to follow the storyline and gameplay if I purchased the latest edition of the series for the 360? MsCortana

Yeah there not related in anyway so you can play them in any order you wish

Samurai_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Samurai_Xavier
Member since 2003 • 4364 Posts

I have never played any of the Oblivion series and was curious if I would be able to follow the storyline and gameplay if I purchased the latest edition of the series for the 360? MsCortana

The series is called The Elder Scrolls. Oblivion is just a subtitle for The Elder Scrolls IV. You dont need to play any of the other games to understand the story by the way.

grunt1096

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 grunt1096
Member since 2007 • 120769 Posts
Yeah Oblivion has a different story than all the other Elder Scrolls games. I highly recommend getting the game, if your into RPG's it's truly a masterpiece.
MsCortana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MsCortana
Member since 2007 • 10565 Posts

[QUOTE="MsCortana"]I have never played any of the Oblivion series and was curious if I would be able to follow the storyline and gameplay if I purchased the latest edition of the series for the 360? Samurai_Xavier

The series is called The Elder Scrolls. Oblivion is just a subtitle for The Elder Scrolls IV. You dont need to play any of the other games to understand the story by the way.

ahhhhhhh...I see..lol! Not familiar with the series at all. However, I have read a few reviews and hear much chatter about how great this game is....it has peaked my interest!
ukillwegrill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 ukillwegrill
Member since 2007 • 3528 Posts
You should already have it,I am not pleased
xexis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 xexis
Member since 2003 • 328 Posts
Get the Game of the year edition, it has all xpacs plus original... Shiviering Isles is like my dreams it's scary :O
xNeCr0sS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 xNeCr0sS
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
None of the elder scrolls are related in anyway story wise but in the info that the world gives you, such as books talking about morrowind which was an earlier elder scroll.. plus 0blivion has been made easier by putting markers on ur objectives and what not..not like Morrowind which only directions and map landmarks were given...either way its a great game and shouldnt be that hard to enjoy the freedom
lil_d_mack_314

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 lil_d_mack_314
Member since 2006 • 13969 Posts
its one of my fav. games, nah i take that back Morrowind is, but check out both if possible. Oblivion has hella playing time. i have about 250+ hrs including SI, KotN. oh and Morrowind/GotY is BC too so check that one out too if you want more of an ES experience. overall Oblivion is a sweet game and is its own separate game so you dont need to know a whole lot about its lore. but if and when you decide to read the books in the game you will find that there filled with ES history and there actually written GOOD
Aaron89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Aaron89
Member since 2003 • 3377 Posts
Just like everyone else said - it doesn't matter if you haven't played another Elder Scrolls game. Oblivion was my introduction into the series, and I had a blast with it. Plus, it should be much cheaper now.
brad1087

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#12 brad1087
Member since 2007 • 759 Posts
yeah I suggest you check it out.
what_the_deuce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 what_the_deuce
Member since 2003 • 46 Posts
I played Morrowind to death and jagged alliance, and I've only recently started oblivion, I'm impressed so far. But it feels like morrowind with dialogue and better graphics and obviously not as in-depth as morrowind. Def fun though so im sticking with it, glad it seems to be the RPG game that gets people into the genre, but then again few RPG's for consoles compared to the latter. Seems worth a try so far I'm only 10 hours in though which should be nothing to what its supposingly worth.
djrobst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 djrobst
Member since 2007 • 2404 Posts
ive never played any of the other games and i got into it and i never even played a rpg properly before and its great
Oni_Ookami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15 Oni_Ookami
Member since 2005 • 2765 Posts
Oblivion is by far the best SP exeperience ive had on the 360 thus far. The only other game that came close was beating COD2 on Veteran, now that was fun!