This topic is locked from further discussion.

z-man34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 z-man34
Member since 2007 • 193 Posts
I was wondering if Crysis will come to the 360. I want to play it, but it will cost too much to upgrade my pc. Any info would be helpful.
cougar65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 cougar65
Member since 2003 • 1035 Posts
Um, to tell you the truth, I don't think it will happen because I think they would have to dumb down the graphics too much. I'm not even sure a PC exists that can handle that game at the highest settings.
Smoke89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Smoke89
Member since 2003 • 3575 Posts
Seriously doubt it. If it does it will be awhile. I don't even know how long Far Cry was out before a consol saw it. Also dont exspect it to look anything like the PC version if it ever comes.
Smoke89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Smoke89

Um, to tell you the truth, I don't think it will happen because I think they would have to dumb down the graphics too much. I'm not even sure a PC exists that can handle that game at the highest settings.cougar65

My PC is a Qx6800 o/c , 2 gigs ram, 2x evga 8800GTX's and all that jazz and I do get poor frame rates at times running on DX9 with the max settings (which you have to edit or d/l a system file to use)

jmartinez1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 jmartinez1983
Member since 2006 • 3949 Posts

The game will almost certainly come to the 360.

And guys, don't compare PC hardware to the 360 hardware. The 360 is built for gaming and, for the most part, gaming only. PCs, even gaming PCs, will never be as efficient as the 360 for running games. Sure, Crysis on the 360 wouldn't look as good as in the trailers or a really high end PC, but hey, you only paid 400 bucks for your 360 right?

As an example, imagine that Gears was a PC only game a first, I'm betting a lot of people would have been saying the 360 could never have handled it. But hey, the 360 runs Gears perfectly.

z-man34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 z-man34
Thats too bad, i was really hoping to play it. Thanks for the help
Smoke89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Smoke89

And guys, don't compare PC hardware to the 360 hardware. The 360 is built for gaming and, for the most part, gaming only. PCs, even gaming PCs, will never be as efficient as the 360 for running games. Sure, Crysis on the 360 wouldn't look as good as in the trailers or a really high end PC, but hey, you only paid 400 bucks for your 360 right?

As an example, imagine that Gears was a PC only game a first, I'm betting a lot of people would have been saying the 360 could never have handled it. But hey, the 360 runs Gears perfectly.

jmartinez1983

Eh, you have a point, but when it comes to crysis not so much. Between the lighting, physics, detail and all that stuff it is a bit beyond what a console can do. Even Far Cry was dumbed down BIG time and this is like Far Cry x10.

Avatar image for dark_raven_claw
dark_raven_claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 dark_raven_claw
Member since 2005 • 146 Posts
Personally I think PS3 and Xbox 360 has enough hardware power to run Crysis at decently high graphics, enough that people will still enjoy the game a lot. Also I should mention, yea don't directly compare PC hardware to console hardware, console were "made" to play games, PC hardware also needs to run explorere etc.
jmartinez1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 jmartinez1983
[QUOTE="jmartinez1983"]

Smoke89

Eh, you have a point, but when it comes to crysis not so much. Between the lighting, physics, detail and all that stuff it is a bit beyond what a console can do. Even Far Cry was dumbed down BIG time and this is like Far Cry x10.

I'm also betting Far Cry was a pretty quick and dirty port to make some quick cash. If the Crysis devs really wanted to do a good job they could. But there's a cost-benefit analysis there, at what point does making the port really great stop increasing how much money you'd make. I'm pretty sure that in the case of Far Cry they had to know they had tapped that keg dry back around the 2nd iteration on the old Xbox.

I think, in this case, they could make a lot of money off a good Crysis port since most of us can't run that game even moderately well on our home PCs. They just have to release it at the right time, like not during the holidays when we are likely to be playing tons of other built-for-360 shooters.

sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10 sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 6195 Posts

No.

The graphic power of the PC is far greater than that of the 360 (if you have a high end PC)

They could dumb it down. If its a good game why not.

Smoke89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Smoke89

Personally I think PS3 and Xbox 360 has enough hardware power to run Crysis at decently high graphics, enough that people will still enjoy the game a lot. Also I should mention, yea don't directly compare PC hardware to console hardware, console were "made" to play games, PC hardware also needs to run explorere etc.dark_raven_claw

Well it isn't that hard to dedicate your PC to a game if you know what you are doing. No matter how you look at it a gaming PC is going to be more powerful. Even if you factor in background aps and all, a quad core and graphics cards with more power than the console itself it kinda factors the "made for gaming" out. But it really doesn't matter. It could be done on the 360, yes, just obviously not THAT amazing looking. Will it? Who knows.

Nolan16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12 Nolan16
Member since 2006 • 4022 Posts
lol the 360 can run games better then a PC i have a PC and a PS3 and id pick my high end pc over a console any day a mouse and keyboard can play any game smoothly and flawlessly, i mean the top 3 games played are better on PC FPS RTS and RPG. i have a gaming pc made for gaming and it out performes any of my systems.
jmartinez1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 jmartinez1983

You guys don't seem to get the point. Yes, a high end quad core pc with 8gb ram and 2gig graphics card will out do a 360 or PS3. The point is that a 360 will out perform a computer with similar specs when playing games. Get it now?

So basically the point is that the 360 could run Crysis better than a computer with similar stats.

Patriot298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Patriot298
Member since 2006 • 1187 Posts

Have we forgotten about a game coming to 360 called WarHound???

http://youtube.com/watch?v=pntZcfX1JCI

jmartinez1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 jmartinez1983
Oh and for your mouse and keyboard people, meh. I'll take the couch factor over being up close and personal with my computer monitor anyday. Playing with a controller is just more relaxing than KB/M
Nolan16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Nolan16
Member since 2006 • 4022 Posts

well i perfer up close and personal its a bigger rush and thats where you see the destroyers and gaming gods there all on the PC =p

zaku101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 zaku101
Member since 2005 • 4641 Posts

This could be easily done. Just lower the games settings to medium and it's like your playing the 360 version. It can easily be ported because 360=pc there pretty much the same thanks to Microsoft's building kit.

Sooperhotshiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Sooperhotshiz
Member since 2005 • 101 Posts

It will not end up on the consoles because they simply cannot handle the graphics. If they decide to put it on the Xbox 360 they would have to lower the gameplay down to where it ends up being a rail shooter and lower the graphics down to where it ends up being a 2D side scoller. Then the sandbox editor left out, games would wonder why they spent more money on a game with less content than the PC.

It wont happen.

z-man34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 z-man34

It will not end up on the consoles because they simply cannot handle the graphics. If they decide to put it on the Xbox 360 they would have to lower the gameplay down to where it ends up being a rail shooter and lower the graphics down to where it ends up being a 2D side scoller. Then the sandbox editor left out, games would wonder why they spent more money on a game with less content than the PC.

It wont happen.

Sooper

I think that would be a bit extreme

MrSickVisionz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 MrSickVisionz
Member since 2004 • 798 Posts

It could be done but the graphics won't be as nice. But most people playing the PC version don't have a pc capable of running it at maximum anyways.

VinnoT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 VinnoT
Member since 2003 • 4649 Posts
It wont happen.
PS360Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#22 PS360Fanboy
Member since 2007 • 2096 Posts
One day they'll probaly do a port like Far cry instincts predator
turgore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#23 turgore
Member since 2006 • 7859 Posts
I was wondering if Crysis will come to the 360. I want to play it, but it will cost too much to upgrade my pc. Any info would be helpful.z-man34
Will a game called Warhound satisfy you ? If not then you have to wait for Haze in 2008.
ZimpanX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#24 ZimpanX
Member since 2005 • 12636 Posts
I think a spin-offmadeby EA might come to consoles but PC Crysis will most likely remain...that's right on the PC
z-man34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 z-man34
I hope it isn't a quick cheapy port if they make one, i would rather they take some time, the last port game i played let me down (Quake 4)
DonMega187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 DonMega187
Member since 2007 • 1103 Posts
They wont have to dumb it down at all i can run it on my 7900gtx 2gig ram machine and it looks great the 360 is much more powerful than that. The only "main" reason its not coming is because the devs. wanted a PC exclusive. The universal game they are working on is Far Cry 2 which can be looked at as the console's crysis but in AFRICA.
Talibantot3602

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Talibantot3602
Member since 2006 • 376 Posts
I read something before saying that it will NEVER come to a console, simply because they lack the RAM to run it correctly, and if it did, it would have to be dumbed down severely...
SorasGhost009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 SorasGhost009
Member since 2007 • 1218 Posts
that would be sick
TrueHrvatski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 TrueHrvatski
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
OK Have most of u even seen crysis?!? Once you do...then you will know! The game is simply too big for the 360. Too much physics in the world and in object etc. Also too much space (land) as well. U might be able to fit the first 3 hours of the game on the 360...thats it. As for graphics...nothing on the 360 i think has come close. And how would u get DX10 on the 360? Obviously wouldent work, but DX9 wuld but that takes so much outa the look of the game. Then again it prbly still wuldent run well on 360.
vampidip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 vampidip
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
Yes...it will be on XBOX360.....its only a time and money issue. MSFT got both....so....il bet my system that CRYSIS will come to xbox...
BlindEffekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 BlindEffekt
Member since 2007 • 897 Posts
Um, to tell you the truth, I don't think it will happen because I think they would have to dumb down the graphics too much. I'm not even sure a PC exists that can handle that game at the highest settings.cougar65
anyone who says "dumb down" seriously dusnt know what there saying. crysis could very well come to the xbox 360, it would just have the dx9 shaders which isnt bad at all. Xbox 360 is dedicated to playing a game whereas a pc has to run a os, and other background applications. i personally think crysis could very well play on a 360
terdoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#32 terdoo
Member since 2006 • 5306 Posts

If there isnt a pc inthe world that canthandle it onhighest setting than how did the devs do it?

76ers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 76ers
Member since 2005 • 4747 Posts

even gaming PCs, will never be as efficient as the 360 for running games.

jmartinez1983

Not true... How can a gaming PC never be as efficient as the 360 for games? I'm running a quad core, 8800GTS, 2GB RAM and can barely run Crysis on high at 25FPS... If it will ever come to the 360, it would be dumbed down in order to keep the the game playable.

solidzdawg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 solidzdawg
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
[QUOTE="Sooper"]

It wont happen.

z-man34

It wont happen.

what the *ell? i could see this happening if they ported it to the playstation one or something buddy!

the 360, while not as high end in specs as most decent gaming pc rigs, can still utilize an array of optimizations that devs can take advantage of while porting a pc game to the xbox 360.

some examples would be:

1.10 mb embedded DRAM used for "eyecandy" features such as anti aliasing and anisotropic filtering WITHOUT the reduction of framerate(high framerate=smooth game low framefrate=slow game)

2.ATI graphics card that has UNIFIED architecture. Did you know that AMD's K8 architecture was the same all the way up to the X2 dual core cpu solutions? this means, AMD used the same architecture from way back to Athlons, all the way to X2's... Good architecture yields good performance. unified architecture makes things work asynchrous to process demanding things efficiently.

3.Once again unified memory architecure. Everythin works together, and its made to do so...

I know i sound like im a 360 fanboy. Truth is i have a fairly high end pc, (diff. subject) and i do get better graphics out of games that come out for both consoles. Oblivion looks alot better on my setup than on my 360, and thats using the same monitor and input connection.

What i am saying though, is that the 360 is a very adaptable console. If the developers and publishers thought a project such as crysis would yield high profit on the 360, they would port it without a doubt. Things will be made in accordance to the hardware to make sure framerates are stable and steady. But the 360 will provide a good gaming experience for it which is what it is all about.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts
I don't really care whether Crysis releases on Xbox 360 or not , all i want is GTA 4 releases on Xbox 360 ASAP :)
z-man34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 z-man34
[QUOTE="z-man34"][QUOTE="Sooper"]

It wont happen.

solidzdawg

It wont happen.

what the *ell? i could see this happening if they ported it to the playstation one or something buddy!

the 360, while not as high end in specs as most decent gaming pc rigs, can still utilize an array of optimizations that devs can take advantage of while porting a pc game to the xbox 360.

some examples would be:

1.10 mb embedded DRAM used for "eyecandy" features such as anti aliasing and anisotropic filtering WITHOUT the reduction of framerate(high framerate=smooth game low framefrate=slow game)

2.ATI graphics card that has UNIFIED architecture. Did you know that AMD's K8 architecture was the same all the way up to the X2 dual core cpu solutions? this means, AMD used the same architecture from way back to Athlons, all the way to X2's... Good architecture yields good performance. unified architecture makes things work asynchrous to process demanding things efficiently.

3.Once again unified memory architecure. Everythin works together, and its made to do so...

I know i sound like im a 360 fanboy. Truth is i have a fairly high end pc, (diff. subject) and i do get better graphics out of games that come out for both consoles. Oblivion looks alot better on my setup than on my 360, and thats using the same monitor and input connection.

What i am saying though, is that the 360 is a very adaptable console. If the developers and publishers thought a project such as crysis would yield high profit on the 360, they would port it without a doubt. Things will be made in accordance to the hardware to make sure framerates are stable and steady. But the 360 will provide a good gaming experience for it which is what it is all about.

Wow, you certainly seem to know what you are talking about. I didn't know any of that before, thanks for the knowledge.

z-man34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 z-man34

I don't really care whether Crysis releases on Xbox 360 or not , all i want is GTA 4 releases on Xbox 360 ASAP :) indzman

If you don't care about it, then why did you bother posting?

Avatar image for deactivated-5920bf77daa85
deactivated-5920bf77daa85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#38 deactivated-5920bf77daa85
Member since 2004 • 3270 Posts

[QUOTE="cougar65"]Um, to tell you the truth, I don't think it will happen because I think they would have to dumb down the graphics too much. I'm not even sure a PC exists that can handle that game at the highest settings.BlindEffekt
anyone who says "dumb down" seriously dusnt know what there saying. crysis could very well come to the xbox 360, it would just have the dx9 shaders which isnt bad at all. Xbox 360 is dedicated to playing a game whereas a pc has to run a os, and other background applications. i personally think crysis could very well play on a 360

They would have to remake the engine from scratch. The game requires 1 gig of system memory for XP. 2 Gigabytes is recommended. Not 512 MB of shared memory.

solidzdawg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 solidzdawg
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

Not true, an engine isnt reliant on specs, requirements for the pc are for pcs and not xbox 360s. The orange box(all the games in it), uses the source engine. This did not have to be remade, but instead reworked for the 360.

The right thing it would be is, making the engine work with an xbox 360, not remaking, but revision. This all probably sounds stupid but my point is, Developers can use the same engines they use for computers, just reworked to be on the xbox.

Thank you

Avatar image for deactivated-5920bf77daa85
deactivated-5920bf77daa85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#40 deactivated-5920bf77daa85
Member since 2004 • 3270 Posts

Not true, an engine isnt reliant on specs, requirements for the pc are for pcs and not xbox 360s. The orange box(all the games in it), uses the source engine. This did not have to be remade, but instead reworked for the 360.solidzdawg

Completely wrong.

Crytek has stated explicitly there isn't enough memory to run this game on a 360.

Something that requires 1 gig of RAM as an ABSOLUTE MINIMUM will not run on an XBOX 360. The game cannot be directly ported.

The source engine is not the same. It predates the XBOX 360. It requires 512MB on the PC.

The 360 is still a computer. Memory means something. 512MB of shared memory is not enough.

atst007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 atst007
Member since 2005 • 1019 Posts
My pc can play it on the highest settings easy.
shiftbourne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 shiftbourne
Member since 2007 • 211 Posts
I highly doubt it's coming to the 360.
Avatar image for -sharp-shooter-
-sharp-shooter-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 -sharp-shooter-
Member since 2006 • 2677 Posts
Please stop makign these threads. Crysis can only be done on PC. If it came to 360(which its not) then it wouldnt be crysis. It would look like some crappy game
xTheExploited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 xTheExploited
Member since 2007 • 12094 Posts
It's possible, they would have to downgrade it a bit. I mean they did it with Half Life. It might not be as easy as Half Life but they could do it.
ElArab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 ElArab
Member since 2007 • 5754 Posts

I remember the CEO of Crytek (Cevat Yerli) Clearly said that the consoles out today don't have enough memory to run Crysis.

I can run Crysis on High, but no one can run it on absolute maximum graphics (that's with Very High settings and full anti-aliasing.) Crytek is just

Hell, the game looks ****ing fantastic on MEDIUM, and I think the 360 could handle it if it had about 1.5 gigs of RAM in it. It's already got like, 3 single core proccessors (with a DECENT clock speed, if someone knows more about the 360's hardware please tell me about it.) Maybe you'll get like, a spinoff or something, just like Far Cry did. Except those spinoffs sucked lol. I finished Crysis a few days ago and it was AWESOME, I doubt Crytek could make a bad spinoff. Hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

If you want to upgrade your PC just get a dual core proccessor, 2 gigs of ram, and then a decent graphics card, and you'll be set for a LOONG time, definetly until the next gen of games (like PS4, and Xbox 540, etc.) Cuz I had my PC for almost a decade until Bioshock came out, then I had to get a new proccesor, but I decided to get more RAM, some 50 dollar proccessor, and then because I had alot of money saved up I decided to get this 300 dollar graphics card, but if I got a cheaper graphics card I would have only had to pay like, 150 instead of 450 lol. Still, 450 is just as much as a 360 elite, or a PS3. If you already have a great graphics card then you only need to pay 150, and there you go, cheap ass game system.

Jericho721

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Jericho721
Member since 2007 • 700 Posts
as said they might argue and bring crysis to 360/ps3 in a news thread or something if the sales go well etc and theyll port it over.
Jericho721

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Jericho721
Member since 2007 • 700 Posts

I remember the CEO of Crytek (Cevat Yerli) Clearly said that the consoles out today don't have enough memory to run Crysis.

I can run Crysis on High, but no one can run it on absolute maximum graphics (that's with Very High settings and full anti-aliasing.) Crytek is just

Hell, the game looks ****ing fantastic on MEDIUM, and I think the 360 could handle it if it had about 1.5 gigs of RAM in it. It's already got like, 3 single core proccessors (with a DECENT clock speed, if someone knows more about the 360's hardware please tell me about it.) Maybe you'll get like, a spinoff or something, just like Far Cry did. Except those spinoffs sucked lol. I finished Crysis a few days ago and it was AWESOME, I doubt Crytek could make a bad spinoff. Hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

If you want to upgrade your PC just get a dual core proccessor, 2 gigs of ram, and then a decent graphics card, and you'll be set for a LOONG time, definetly until the next gen of games (like PS4, and Xbox 540, etc.) Cuz I had my PC for almost a decade until Bioshock came out, then I had to get a new proccesor, but I decided to get more RAM, some 50 dollar proccessor, and then because I had alot of money saved up I decided to get this 300 dollar graphics card, but if I got a cheaper graphics card I would have only had to pay like, 150 instead of 450 lol. Still, 450 is just as much as a 360 elite, or a PS3. If you already have a great graphics card then you only need to pay 150, and there you go, cheap ass game system.

ElArab

360 got all their processors from the market in 2005 so they basically got the best in that year, as of today not much of a difference with all the new packages, elites, arcade bundle etc and microsoft likes to keep their system private without telling us whats built in it.

z-man34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 z-man34

ElArab

These are the specifications for the 360: http://www.gamespot.com/console-resource/xbox360/?tab=faq

z-man34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 z-man34

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_360_hardware

That is a much more in-depth explaination of 360's system specs.