Crysis on 360??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

OGTiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#1 OGTiago
Member since 2005 • 6546 Posts
Is it coming to 360 or not?
Raz0redge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Raz0redge
Member since 2004 • 1796 Posts
The last I had heard, it was being developed for the PC, might I wouldn't completely discount it being "ported" to the 360 or PS3 ..
Pit_italy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Pit_italy
Member since 2005 • 965 Posts
i dont think it will... too bad my pc wont handle it. Oh well... thats a good excuse to upgrade it i guess :)
DrD3V1L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DrD3V1L
Member since 2004 • 2064 Posts
Yes, it's comming to the 360. takes a few seconds to google answers to these sort of questions :wink:
budorz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 budorz
Member since 2003 • 1406 Posts
The Crysis team said something about 360, and PS3, but nothing about developing Crysis for the consoles. But said they are putting together a 360/PS3 developement team but didn't say anything more.. So, they could be developing a whole new game with the cryengine2 for the consoles. We'll find out later
t3Hospital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 t3Hospital
Member since 2005 • 300 Posts
Crysis...that's a game I haven't been reading up on much, so I don't know much about it. What makes this game so great, why should I be excited about it possibly coming to 360?
Avatar image for deactivated-5f033ecf40fed
deactivated-5f033ecf40fed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 deactivated-5f033ecf40fed
Member since 2004 • 2665 Posts
Crysis...that's a game I haven't been reading up on much, so I don't know much about it. What makes this game so great, why should I be excited about it possibly coming to 360?t3Hospital
It's supposed to have the best graphics/physics/gameplay ever. It's from the guys who made Far Cry, so if you liked that, then this will be right up your alley. I've watched the vids and it looks interesting at the very least.
darkserpent213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 darkserpent213
Member since 2003 • 1195 Posts
Last I heard they were going to make a whole new crisis game just for the consoles.
NaaN_BreaD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 NaaN_BreaD
Member since 2007 • 335 Posts
Well the PC version uses DX10, new with Vista. So, the same version will not be out for the consoles.
Generic_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 Generic_Dude
Member since 2006 • 11707 Posts

[QUOTE="t3Hospital"]Crysis...that's a game I haven't been reading up on much, so I don't know much about it. What makes this game so great, why should I be excited about it possibly coming to 360?The_Fell_One
It's supposed to have the best graphics/physics/gameplay ever. It's from the guys who made Far Cry, so if you liked that, then this will be right up your alley. I've watched the vids and it looks interesting at the very least.

Far Cry sucked. This game's getting all the hype it is because it's the first title to be developed with DirectX 10 features in mind. People are excited about it because people follow hype, and people love bump mapping and lighting effects. I say big deal... the Turok game looks like it has better graphics than the screens I've seen of Crysis. Maybe when a demo is available of it somewhere (PC or 360), I'll give it a spin and eat my words, but I think all the hype around this game is unwarranted so far.

TheSmacK420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TheSmacK420
Member since 2003 • 926 Posts

Well the PC version uses DX10, new with Vista. So, the same version will not be out for the consoles.NaaN_BreaD

It can also use directx 9, and looks really freakin good...like pretty much just as good as directx 10...I really couldn't tell the difference until I read the article describing the difference.

Basically, in directx 9 you loose a few lighting enhancements...

It runs on directx 9 so it could easily be ported to 360...

MrBrownstone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MrBrownstone1
Member since 2005 • 1728 Posts

[QUOTE="The_Fell_One"][QUOTE="t3Hospital"]Crysis...that's a game I haven't been reading up on much, so I don't know much about it. What makes this game so great, why should I be excited about it possibly coming to 360?Generic_Dude

Far Cry sucked. This game's getting all the hype it is because it's the first title to be developed with DirectX 10 features in mind. People are excited about it because people follow hype, and people love bump mapping and lighting effects. I say big deal... the Turok game looks like it has better graphics than the screens I've seen of Crysis. Maybe when a demo is available of it somewhere (PC or 360), I'll give it a spin and eat my words, but I think all the hype around this game is unwarranted so far.

Far Cry dident suck, the console ones did, but back in the day when Far Cry came out for PC it was amazing!
Nosepick92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Nosepick92
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

You can play Crisis in directX9, you dont have to play it in dx10. So it might come to 360 and/or Ps3.

My computer cant handle Crisis so I hope it will come to 360 ^^

subject117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 subject117
Member since 2002 • 4824 Posts
Unfortunately
[QUOTE="Generic_Dude"]

[QUOTE="The_Fell_One"][QUOTE="t3Hospital"]Crysis...that's a game I haven't been reading up on much, so I don't know much about it. What makes this game so great, why should I be excited about it possibly coming to 360?MrBrownstone1

Far Cry dident suck, the console ones did, but back in the day when Far Cry came out for PC it was amazing!

Correct. Fary Cry on PC was great. Back on topic, Crysis may see a port on 360, but it cannot support DX10 so it will not look AS good.
2birds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 2birds
Member since 2006 • 773 Posts
It will be but graphics is gonna be turned down and stuff.
Nosepick92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Nosepick92
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
hehe... Sorry TheSmack ^^ didn't read yours :P
strifejohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 strifejohn
Member since 2006 • 132 Posts
Crysis is exclusive to PC, period.
TheSmacK420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 TheSmacK420
hehe... Sorry TheSmack ^^ didn't read yours :PNosepick92
NP....it happens... :)
babystapler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 babystapler
Member since 2005 • 1679 Posts
I'm sure it'll come to 360 and PS3, but I doubt it will happen until a year or so after the PC release.
TheSmacK420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 TheSmacK420

Crysis is exclusive to PC, period.strifejohn

Yes....Crysis for PC is exclusive.....unless they change a few levels and call it Crysis: Evolution and then they can make it for 360....which they will....like they did Farcry: Instincts, only hopefully with Crisis they do a better job.

Avatar image for NorwegianWinter
NorwegianWinter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 NorwegianWinter
Member since 2006 • 211 Posts

Crysis is exclusive to PC, period.strifejohn

When even the development team for Crysis says that the game will probably be available on consoles (somewhat different) then I am to take your comment as a grain of sand.