crysis 2, what do you think of it so far?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

laliberte11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 laliberte11
Member since 2008 • 4246 Posts

here is an all access preview

http://g4tv.com/videos/45720/Crysis-2-All-Access-Preview/

i think that it looks decent, but the characters suit looks pretty bad

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts
The suit looks Awesome IMO.
Toribor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Toribor
Member since 2005 • 3255 Posts

I'm kind of nervous to see it on a 360. I have a pretty mid range gaming PC and it runs most games better than the Xbox 360 so I'm curiuos to see how something as hardware intensive as Crysis 2 plays out. That isn't to say I'm not excited for it, but it will be one hell of a technical achievment if it runs well and still looks great. (Hey, they did it with MW2, Crysis should be okay. :D )

Elian2530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 Elian2530
Member since 2009 • 3658 Posts
Looks excellent. Graphics are better than most games already out.
miless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 miless
Member since 2005 • 715 Posts

I didnt really like the first one , it had a very inconsistent pacing so im not psyched about this one either

laliberte11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 laliberte11

I didnt really like the first one , it had a very inconsistent pacing so im not psyched about this one either

miless
well, they said it takes place before, so players new to the series (most console gamers) will know what is going on
KlepticGrooves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 KlepticGrooves
Member since 2010 • 2448 Posts

The first Crysis wasn't all that great to be honest. Most console gamers are just hyped because the game has great graphics, and yet they have no idea about what the game is about :lol: .

Toribor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Toribor

miless
It's definitely a different style of gameplay, but I like the open-world kind of explore-at-your-leisure type of gameplay. You get to chose between going in guns blazing and taking a place silently and both are equally fun.
sharks79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 sharks79
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

I'm kind of nervous to see it on a 360. I have a pretty mid range gaming PC and it runs most games better than the Xbox 360 so I'm curiuos to see how something as hardware intensive as Crysis 2 plays out. That isn't to say I'm not excited for it, but it will be one hell of a technical achievment if it runs well and still looks great. (Hey, they did it with MW2, Crysis should be okay. :D )

Toribor
I did see the interview with...crap I can't remmeber his name, but he did say that PC will be the standard for visuals. The console shots looked pretty good though. I'll probably get the 360 version only because i'm getting cod black ops for ps3. can't let one console feel left out :)
Toribor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Toribor
[QUOTE="Toribor"]

sharks79
I did see the interview with...crap I can't remmeber his name, but he did say that PC will be the standard for visuals. The console shots looked pretty good though. I'll probably get the 360 version only because i'm getting cod black ops for ps3. can't let one console feel left out :)

At least this means they will probably build native Xbox controls in for the PC. It was really goofy to try to use a controller for Crysis on the PC. A friend of mine managed, but ultimately it turned him off the game. He couldn't break away from his console habits.
Darkslayer16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Darkslayer16
Member since 2006 • 3619 Posts

I have pretty much no interest in it because it's just going to be nerfed graphics and smaller environments..

Toribor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Toribor

I have pretty much no interest in it because it's just going to be nerfed graphics and smaller environments..

Darkslayer16

I don't know that the environments will be smaller but graphics will definitely be nerfed. But graphics are nerfed on every console game compared to PC. It's just that consoles aren't scalable, while PC's are, so you can always tweak PC settings and hardware. Or my personal favorite... graphics mods! If you see Oblivion running on a PC with graphics mods, it is woooorlds different than on a console. But that doesn't mean a console version isn't great in its own right. If anyone can do a good PC to console port it would be the Crysis team I suppose. They definitely make good stuff.

raylewisnfl52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 raylewisnfl52
Member since 2005 • 7146 Posts
I cant wait to see more
stealthedhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 stealthedhawk
Member since 2010 • 157 Posts
its pretty cool
gamer082009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 gamer082009
Member since 2007 • 6679 Posts
It looks good from what I can see, but I don't like the fact that they said it's a "reboot" of the series and it's different. That scares me, is it a reboot to conform to what console gamers are used to? Which is less than stellar graphics. I got a 360, PS3 and PC gaming rig..but I would've loved to have this game the same as the first&2nd Crysis games. But I have faith that this "REBOOT" wont be to dumb it down. (which he said wont be the case..but he's paid to say that)
laliberte11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 laliberte11
It looks good from what I can see, but I don't like the fact that they said it's a "reboot" of the series and it's different. That scares me, is it a reboot to conform to what console gamers are used to? Which is less than stellar graphics. I got a 360, PS3 and PC gaming rig..but I would've loved to have this game the same as the first&2nd Crysis games. But I have faith that this "REBOOT" wont be to dumb it down. (which he said wont be the case..but he's paid to say that)gamer082009
well, i believe they say reboot because it is coming to consoles, so hopefully it is nothing to be afraid of, and also it takes place before any crysis game so that new players wont be lost
ElPadilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ElPadilla
Member since 2007 • 609 Posts

I don't know what to think yet we need to see actual gameplay not just video of the tech demo. I'm worried about the pc version suffering in quality as a result of the franchise coming to consoles like what happened to COD.

Toribor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Toribor

I don't know what to think yet we need to see actual gameplay not just video of the tech demo. I'm worried about the pc version suffering in quality as a result of the franchise coming to consoles like what happened to COD.

ElPadilla
I think PC will be their main focus. Crysis is hailed as one of the best PC games of all time, they wont let down their core audience.
sharks79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 sharks79
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

ElPadilla
I don't think that will be a problem. I mean the screen shots in the vid showed a noticable difference between pc and console. I don't see them going the route IW chose. Like toribor said, I think with crysis having set such a high standard for pc gaming they would be screwing themselves
Sole_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 Sole_
Member since 2010 • 59 Posts
Ok, it is not a reboot of the series and it is not a prequel to Crysis. This game is considered a reboot because it drops you in the story with no clue as to what is going on. So someone that has never played the first Crysis will not feel like they missed anything when playing Crysis 2. Also, the game takes place 3 years after Crysis, so there is a gap of time between the games also leaving you feeling, "What the heck has been going on for those 3 years" (those that played the first Crysis that is). Crysis 2 is a sequel to the first Crysis.
Toribor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Toribor

Ok, it is not a reboot of the series and it is not a prequel to Crysis. This game is considered a reboot because it drops you in the story with no clue as to what is going on. So someone that has never played the first Crysis will not feel like they missed anything when playing Crysis 2. Also, the game takes place 3 years after Crysis, so there is a gap of time between the games also leaving you feeling, "What the heck has been going on for those 3 years" (those that played the first Crysis that is). Crysis 2 is a sequel to the first Crysis. Sole_

Yeah, that is what I heard too.

SPOILER:

I think it appears that the aliens from the first game are retaliating, or launching a major offensive attack and New York seams to have fallen victim.

theonlylolking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 theonlylolking
Member since 2010 • 152 Posts

Console graphics are not nearly as great as they claimed.

laliberte11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 laliberte11

Console graphics are not nearly as great as they claimed.

theonlylolking
obviously, the graphics card in the 360 is crap, i could get a better one in my pc for ~$100
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#24 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

It looks nice in these screens:

laliberte11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 laliberte11

^^those might be pc screenshots

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#26 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

^^those might be pc screenshots

laliberte11

It looks worse than Crysis 1, I doubt it.