Critically acclaimed "Vanishing of Ethan Carter" finally releasing Jan. 19th , X-Enhanced

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#1 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Initially Released on the PC 3 years ago, this Detective story-driven mystery game is one of the most well regarded "walking simulators" out there. Glad to see it land on XOne soon, and with 4K support at that.

Synopsis from MC:

The first-person, narrative-driven exploration game will cost $20 USD and support 4K resolution on Xbox One X. A Free Roam mode has also been added to the game, allowing players to explore Red Creek Valley "without a trace of murder."

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2018/01/05/the-vanishing-of-ethan-carter-coming-to-xbox-one-new-mode-added

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter initially released on PC in September 2014. A PlayStation 4 version followed nearly a year later. IGN's Vanishing of Ethan Carter review praised its smart writing, beautiful world, interesting puzzles, and great ending.

The Astronauts, the team behind The Vanishing of Ethan Carter, recently announced its next project, Witchfire. The studio has yet to announce a release window or which platforms the dark fantasy shooter is in development for.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

Its nice seeing Xbox get mores "games" but walking simulators are terrible, I wouldn't care if it won an academy award for its narrative, that does nothing, but I need awesome gameplay and this game just doesn't cut the mustard.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 hrt_rulz01  Online
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

@i_p_daily said:

Its nice seeing Xbox get mores "games" but walking simulators are terrible, I wouldn't care if it won an academy award for its narrative, that does nothing, but I need awesome gameplay and this game just doesn't cut the mustard.

We aren't getting it anyway... it doesn't seem like the devs bothered to get it classified on XB1 here in Aus :(

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@hrt_rulz01 said:
@i_p_daily said:

We aren't getting it anyway... it doesn't seem like the devs bothered to get it classified on XB1 here in Aus :(

Well its easy to get anyway with a simple region change and a visit to playasia, not that this is worth that little effort, speaking of which I need to get some US cash on my account to buy a game released there and not here.

Cboy95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Cboy95
Member since 2017 • 180 Posts

So this game can be ported to Xbox but not Nier Automata?