CRAP! how do i get my gamerscore back (xbl related)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Hott-FuzZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Hott-FuzZ
Member since 2007 • 732 Posts

i just set up my account on live and i just realised my gamerscore is zero instead of 6900, i made a new gamertag but before i made my xbl account i had the same gamerscore but now that i setup the account its zero, how can i get it back?

Hott-FuzZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Hott-FuzZ
Correction: i didnt make a new gamertag i just changed the name while setting up my xbl account.
infamous16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 infamous16
Member since 2005 • 327 Posts
Just pop in each game you have/had and you'll get the points back....I think.
strayzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 strayzilla
Member since 2004 • 560 Posts
The best you can hope for is to put the games in and load them up. You SHOULD get the points back but might not. The first time I set up my XBL, my 360 crashed during the "Do not turn off the 360" part and I lost 4000 + points and all 90% of my gamesaves. A few booted up and gave me some points but 4000 were lost.
Avatar image for insane_metalist
insane_metalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#5 insane_metalist
Member since 2006 • 7797 Posts
I dont know when i changed mine my score didnt go down to zero
infamous16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 infamous16
Member since 2005 • 327 Posts
Hmmm, do you think If i recover my old xbox live account I can get the points that are on my current account on to there? Damn If I can't, i just couldnt get my old xbox live account on there at the second I turned on my 360 because I don't have internet right now.
Hott-FuzZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Hott-FuzZ

well i just called xbox support and didnt get any help since the guyi spoke with barley speaks english and i couldnt understand a damn word. i also tried putting in the darkness and that didnt bring back the achievments from that game, come on! hasnt this happend to anyone else out there who can help me?

lotr_2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 lotr_2003
Member since 2003 • 2096 Posts

well i just called xbox support and didnt get any help since the guyi spoke with barley speaks english and i couldnt understand a damn word. i also tried putting in the darkness and that didnt bring back the achievments from that game, come on! hasnt this happend to anyone else out there who can help me?

Hott-FuzZ

Create a new profile on your xbox 360 with your old gamertag, click on join xbox live and it should tell you that the gamertag you've chosen is already in use, click on recover my gamertag and its going to ask you to input your e-mail and password. Then you will be downloading your old account along with your achievements!

Hott-FuzZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Hott-FuzZ
[QUOTE="Hott-FuzZ"]

lotr_2003

Create a new profile on your xbox 360 with your old gamertag, click on join xbox live and it should tell you that the gamertag you've chosen is already in use, click on recover my gamertag and its going to ask you to input your e-mail and password. Then you will be downloading your old account along with your achievements!

I just tried that and when i was recovering my original gamertag name it said, this gamertag is associated with the new name of my gamertag and asked if i would like to recover this one instead and it was my only option so i said yes and no achievments or anything.

Maybe if i explain my situation better than ull be able to help me out. I originaly owned a core 360 with a memory card and no xbl. my gamerscore was 6900 under the profile "Eric". I just bought a premium 360 the other day and played the darkness and got a bunch more achievments even though the game was saved on my hard drive. Today i got a connection going from my pc to the 360 and while creating a xbl account i changed my profile name from Eric to somthing a little more original. When i signed on to xbl under a silver account i had no gamerscore and said i had played no games. I just tried what you told me to do and above i explained what happend. Any clue what i could do? All suggestions would be appreciated, thanks.

death1505921

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 death1505921
Member since 2004 • 5260 Posts
You don't. You're not making much sense but I think I get the jist. If you log out you should see you have two accounts. The first one is the one with all your gamerscore ect, and anouther one under the name of your gamertag. Unfortnatly, if you create an xbl account, on an existing profile, I'm pretty sure you have two files and lose your score. This has happened to a couple of guys anyway.
gamepro345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 gamepro345
Member since 2005 • 217 Posts
I dont know man, you might be screwed. When i changed my account from offline to online, i lost everything but gamesaves. But after that, i jsut restarted every game because i wanted the achievments.