Crackdown is the best Crackdown game in the Crackdown series!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BrotherGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 BrotherGamer
Member since 2007 • 80 Posts

Before you fan-folks explode with angry rage at Crackdowns semi-un-original gameplay, lets take a look at what makes this game VERY good.

+ Non-linear progression with a high emphasis on exploration

+ RPG like power upgrades that alter the players interface with the game

+ Alot of really good licensed music

+Amazing explosions, insane over thetop violent combos (Air juggle attack combos)

+ Smooth controls

+ Exceptionally well detailed graphics with distant draw distance, makes Oblivion look like a Nintendo 64 game in comparison

+ Some above average voice acting

+ Cooperative super cop online play, leaping over tall buildings, hopefully super villians will be included for some sort of death match?

Now the negatives

- Psuedo-repetitive gunplay (Arguably fun, when considering mid air gun battles)

- Sorta alot like GTA games, except without the rauncy humour

- No female characters with massive mammories

- This is not a game that you can play during your best friends wedding

Let me know what you guys think. Crackdown is the very best Crackdown game in the long history of Crack Down games. All hail Crackdown, Xbox Live Crack for the masses!!

Big_player

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 Big_player
Member since 2004 • 6187 Posts
why would you be playing a xbox 360 at your best friends wedding:?
Avatar image for deactivated-61806d7cbcedd
deactivated-61806d7cbcedd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 deactivated-61806d7cbcedd
Member since 2005 • 7711 Posts
Isn't it the only Crackdow game?
BrotherGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 BrotherGamer

Isn't it the only Crackdow game?Skiramdoo

Before you get smart with me, please don't forget that this will not be the only Crackdown game in the series, therefore since the others have not been released, and through a process of elimination Crackdown has become the best in the series, far and away.

Avatar image for deactivated-61806d7cbcedd
deactivated-61806d7cbcedd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-61806d7cbcedd
Member since 2005 • 7711 Posts

[QUOTE="Skiramdoo"]Isn't it the only Crackdow game?BrotherGamer

Before you get smart with me, please don't forget that this will be the only Crackdown game in the series, therefore since the others have not been released, and through a process of elimination Crackdown has become the best in the series, far and away.

Oh yeah... you are the dude who posted that the Wii is bigger than the 360... this topic is much better though.
nektahh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 nektahh
Member since 2003 • 726 Posts
Ok.. this dude is on crack..
blacktorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 blacktorn
Member since 2004 • 8299 Posts
0_____0

You must be very easy to please
V4LENT1NE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 V4LENT1NE
Member since 2006 • 12901 Posts
Are you trying to be funny in all these topics or something?
SPHYNXA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SPHYNXA
Member since 2003 • 2944 Posts
...makes Oblivion look like a Nintendo 64 game in comparisonBrotherGamer

... come again? :shock:
BrotherGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BrotherGamer

Are you trying to be funny in all these topics or something?V4LENT1NE

Why do you ask? You sure must think this is very funny.

PS, I love it how people in forums will take the time to make a mild complaint about something that fails to satisfy them. LOL!!

BrotherGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 BrotherGamer

[QUOTE="BrotherGamer"]...makes Oblivion look like a Nintendo 64 game in comparisonSPHYNXA

... come again? :shock:

I was mentioning the draw distance. The graphics in Crackdown are very sharp and detailed, even far into the distance. The draw distance in Oblivion, is essentially the worst graphics I have seen on the 360, and I playe Oblivion for about 100 hours. I mean that game has awesome environmental details and character models, but the "special effects" and detail in the distance could have been easily achieved on a Nintendo 64. Its a nice system, so learn how to take the compliment!?

P00M0NSTER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 P00M0NSTER
Member since 2006 • 505 Posts

[QUOTE="V4LENT1NE"]Are you trying to be funny in all these topics or something?BrotherGamer

Why do you ask? You sure must think this is very funny.

PS, I love it how people in forums will take the time to make a mild complaint about something that fails to satisfy them. LOL!!

???
agentluap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 agentluap
Member since 2005 • 2254 Posts
+ Exceptionally well detailed graphics with distant draw distance, makes Oblivion look like a Nintendo 64 game in comparisonBrotherGamer

WTF???
Have you played oblivion, this comment alone nearly tops the whole Wii is bigger than 360 topic.

I agree that this guy is on Crack. Why not just have the topic something like "Crackdown Pro's and Con's" rather than the pointless title you choose. The reason I say this is... yes it is the only crackdonwgame out. but as it is singular game at the moment it can not be classed as a series, even if there is a potential for a series.
BrotherGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 BrotherGamer

[QUOTE="BrotherGamer"]+ Exceptionally well detailed graphics with distant draw distance, makes Oblivion look like a Nintendo 64 game in comparisonagentluap

WTF???
Have you played oblivion, this comment alone nearly tops the whole Wii is bigger than 360 topic.

I agree that this guy is on Crack. Why not just have the topic something like "Crackdown Pro's and Con's" rather than the pointless title you choose. The reason I say this is... yes it is the only crackdonwgame out. but as it is singular game at the moment it can not be classed as a series, even if there is a potential for a series.

Obviously the title is not pointless otherwise you would not have taken the time to point that out to everyone.

killercuts3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 killercuts3
Member since 2003 • 3355 Posts

[QUOTE="Skiramdoo"]Isn't it the only Crackdow game?BrotherGamer

Before you get smart with me, please don't forget that this will not be the only Crackdown game in the series, therefore since the others have not been released, and through a process of elimination Crackdown has become the best in the series, far and away.

How can you use the process of elimination with a game that hasn't even come out, let alone its 'series', and dub it the "best in the series". The process doesn't work that way.

Pittfan666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#16 Pittfan666
Member since 2003 • 8638 Posts
Crackdown blows hardcore.
SPHYNXA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SPHYNXA

[QUOTE="agentluap"][QUOTE="BrotherGamer"]+ Exceptionally well detailed graphics with distant draw distance, makes Oblivion look like a Nintendo 64 game in comparisonBrotherGamer

WTF???

Obviously the title is not pointless otherwise you would not have taken the time to point that out to everyone.

Well, isn't it true that if it wasn't pointless he wouldn't take the time to point it out, as there wouldn't be anything to point out?
BrotherGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 BrotherGamer
[QUOTE="BrotherGamer"]

[QUOTE="agentluap"][QUOTE="BrotherGamer"]+ Exceptionally well detailed graphics with distant draw distance, makes Oblivion look like a Nintendo 64 game in comparisonSPHYNXA

WTF???

Well, isn't it true that if it wasn't pointless he wouldn't take the time to point it out, as there wouldn't be anything to point out?

No, if there was not a pointless reason why he should not point out that he could not point out the pointlessness of the title, than there would not be a reason for me or you to not continue to stop responding about the anti-purpose of this threads non-title.

polsci1503

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#19 polsci1503
Member since 2003 • 3246 Posts
no massive mammaries??? no way I'm getting it then... now if you'll excuse me I'm going back to play DOAX2.
BrotherGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 BrotherGamer

no massive mammaries??? no way I'm getting it then... now if you'll excuse me I'm going back to play DOAX2.polsci1503

Game without colossal boobs is a game with tiny amounts of fun.

polsci1503

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#21 polsci1503
Member since 2003 • 3246 Posts

[QUOTE="polsci1503"]no massive mammaries??? no way I'm getting it then... now if you'll excuse me I'm going back to play DOAX2.BrotherGamer

Game without colossal boobs is a game with tiny amounts of fun.

I don't want to make a mountain out of a mole hill... but the game feels a little flat...

chiefguy11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 chiefguy11
Member since 2004 • 220 Posts
i just dont understand what ur talking about. from what i know this is the first and only crackdown game.
PacBoy23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 PacBoy23
Member since 2004 • 9505 Posts
you may feel kind of stupid but crackdown is the only game in the crackdown series
SPHYNXA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 SPHYNXA
[QUOTE="SPHYNXA"][QUOTE="BrotherGamer"]

[QUOTE="agentluap"][QUOTE="BrotherGamer"]+ Exceptionally well detailed graphics with distant draw distance, makes Oblivion look like a Nintendo 64 game in comparisonBrotherGamer

WTF???

No, if there was not a pointless reason why he should not point out that he could not point out the pointlessness of the title, than there would not be a reason for me or you to not continue to stop responding about the anti-purpose of this threads non-title.

Man, that's a triple-negative... you can't do that. Also, "anti-purpose of this thread's non-title"? Alone those are english words, but hyphenated together like that? That's not english.
BrotherGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 BrotherGamer
[QUOTE="BrotherGamer"][QUOTE="SPHYNXA"][QUOTE="BrotherGamer"]

[QUOTE="agentluap"][QUOTE="BrotherGamer"]+ Exceptionally well detailed graphics with distant draw distance, makes Oblivion look like a Nintendo 64 game in comparisonSPHYNXA

WTF???

Man, that's a triple-negative... you can't do that. Also, "anti-purpose of this thread's non-title"? Alone those are english words, but hyphenated together like that? That's not english.

The hyphenation is correct, however the over-negation was a joke. (Overnegation?)

joey101010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 joey101010
Member since 2003 • 7521 Posts
Are you trying to be funny in all these topics or something?V4LENT1NE
He is failing.
azeos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 azeos
Member since 2005 • 298 Posts

the only thing that can make this game better is if the draw distance included civilians. Why can't i get a super powered sniper rifle, climb to the top of the agency and shoot at the kingpins? Tell me, why? I know this is off topic of something, but I just have to say it.

Also, I wish the agency tower was above the cloud layer. And that it rained/snowed.

mlbslugger86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#28 mlbslugger86
Member since 2004 • 12867 Posts

Before you fan-folks explode with angry rage at Crackdowns semi-un-original gameplay, lets take a look at what makes this game VERY good.

+ Non-linear progression with a high emphasis on exploration

+ RPG like power upgrades that alter the players interface with the game

+ Alot of really good licensed music

+Amazing explosions, insane over thetop violent combos (Air juggle attack combos)

+ Smooth controls

+ Exceptionally well detailed graphics with distant draw distance, makes Oblivion look like a Nintendo 64 game in comparison

+ Some above average voice acting

+ Cooperative super cop online play, leaping over tall buildings, hopefully super villians will be included for some sort of death match?

Now the negatives

- Psuedo-repetitive gunplay (Arguably fun, when considering mid air gun battles)

- Sorta alot like GTA games, except without the rauncy humour

- No female characters with massive mammories

- This is not a game that you can play during your best friends wedding

Let me know what you guys think. Crackdown is the very best Crackdown game in the long history of Crack Down games. All hail Crackdown, Xbox Live Crack for the masses!!

BrotherGamer

yeah.....crackdown is the only game in the series shirlock,and you made a account just to make this list?

nightwalker89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29 nightwalker89
Member since 2005 • 489 Posts
you guys dont understand what he is trying to say in all this. hes actually whitty and making good humor. you just dont see it. with the 'crackdown is the best in the crackdown series' thing, i think hes trying to say that right now crackdown is the best in the series, but in reallity it kinda falls short of an exallent game and could have been better. obviously, there will most likely be more crackdowns. thus, right now crackdown is the best in the series... but there will be better to come.. or maybe im just looking into this too much i dont know. at any rate i found this topic humorous lol
BrotherGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 BrotherGamer

you guys dont understand what he is trying to say in all this. hes actually whitty and making good humor. you just dont see it. with the 'crackdown is the best in the crackdown series' thing, i think hes trying to say that right now crackdown is the best in the series, but in reallity it kinda falls short of an exallent game and could have been better. obviously, there will most likely be more crackdowns. thus, right now crackdown is the best in the series... but there will be better to come.. or maybe im just looking into this too much i dont know. at any rate i found this topic humorous lolnightwalker89

Congrads! You were clever enough to get the joke. Laughs on the folks who fell for it! ROFLMAO

TheBigTicket21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#31 TheBigTicket21
Member since 2004 • 30875 Posts
Crackdown is also the worst Crackdown game in the Crackdown series.
BrotherGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 BrotherGamer
When I play Crackdown I think about ROCK AND ROLL TO THE EXTREME GNARLY DUDES!