Could really use some helpful info

This topic is locked from further discussion.

cowboybebop990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 cowboybebop990
Member since 2004 • 34 Posts

I have been through about 3 360's so far. my last 2 ended up with all sorts of problems and i ended up getting those red lights of death I dont know what their called but I never had any problems until I had set up an Xbox live account and had gotten updates and through all sorts of random crap with my computer and moving I am setting up my xbox live again

And to make a long story short I am wondering whether or not getting the updates are gonna cause me to have my 360 die again because I had read in some places certain updates would cause the 360 to have compatibility issues and then more or less die.

destinhpark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 destinhpark
Member since 2006 • 4831 Posts
Updates shouldn't be messing with your console.
Ugotownedo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Ugotownedo
Member since 2007 • 442 Posts
No dude, updates are a good thing. They won't screw up your 360, or any console for that matter. They usually make the console go a bit faster. Only like 1% of gamers have a problem with updates, not even.
Avenger1324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Avenger1324
Member since 2007 • 16344 Posts

System updates don't happen very frequently (3-4 per year) and if they go wrong they make some pattern of red lights on the front (not the RROD, but another pattern using only some of the quadrants). If this happens then MS have a way to reset the console back to its previous state, but you would have to either Google it, or call MS when it happens.

System updates are very unlikely to fail, unless you have a powercut or lose connection to the internet while it is downloading and updating.

cowboybebop990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 cowboybebop990
thanks Im just really sketched out about it since I have gone through like two and bleh but again thanks for the info I will then very happily allow updates.
cowboybebop990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 cowboybebop990
sorry for a double post like this but would game updates cause problems?