This topic is locked from further discussion.

Napkin4TheFace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 Napkin4TheFace
Member since 2007 • 760 Posts

I am looking to buy a third-party controller, but idk which one is the best. I heard the after glow isn't all the good but on the other hand i've been looking at the Razer controlle (the onza i believe). What controllers do you guys use/reccomend?

Airw4ves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Airw4ves
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Bought the Razer Onza TE and returned it the next day. The controller felt incredibly cheap in my hands and the triggers were uncomfortable. However, the XYBA buttons are really nice as they are quite responsive as compared to the regular buttons of a Microsoft controller and the non slip coating was a nice change. Others have had better luck with the onza though, so don't take my experience as a final verdict. I am currently looking at purchasing this http://www.avengercontroller.com/ I have heard great things about it, and besides the fact that it looks odd and takes a bit to get used to, it is supposed to be pretty sweet. As for other controllers, if anyone else has ideas please post em as I would like to explore other ideas as well
SexyPorkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SexyPorkins
Member since 2007 • 1222 Posts
[QUOTE="Airw4ves"]Bought the Razer Onza TE and returned it the next day. The controller felt incredibly cheap in my hands and the triggers were uncomfortable. However, the XYBA buttons are really nice as they are quite responsive as compared to the regular buttons of a Microsoft controller and the non slip coating was a nice change. Others have had better luck with the onza though, so don't take my experience as a final verdict. I am currently looking at purchasing this http://www.avengercontroller.com/ I have heard great things about it, and besides the fact that it looks odd and takes a bit to get used to, it is supposed to be pretty sweet. As for other controllers, if anyone else has ideas please post em as I would like to explore other ideas as well

That thing looks crazy. I don't know how someone could get used to that.
Avatar image for Residentevil999
Residentevil999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Residentevil999
Member since 2005 • 948 Posts

I am currently looking at purchasing this http://www.avengercontroller.com/ I have heard great things about it, and besides the fact that it looks odd and takes a bit to get used to, it is supposed to be pretty sweet. As for other controllers, if anyone else has ideas please post em as I would like to explore other ideas as wellAirw4ves

I heard the avenger is supposed to work really well, though I have no intentions of buying it.

Avatar image for HilbillyRokstar
HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 HilbillyRokstar
Member since 2007 • 3236 Posts

I am looking to buy a third-party controller, but idk which one is the best. I heard the after glow isn't all the good but on the other hand i've been looking at the Razer controlle (the onza i believe). What controllers do you guys use/reccomend?

Napkin4TheFace
Why? With the exception of the d-pad there is no better controller.
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#6 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts
[QUOTE="Airw4ves"]Bought the Razer Onza TE and returned it the next day. The controller felt incredibly cheap in my hands and the triggers were uncomfortable. However, the XYBA buttons are really nice as they are quite responsive as compared to the regular buttons of a Microsoft controller and the non slip coating was a nice change. Others have had better luck with the onza though, so don't take my experience as a final verdict. I am currently looking at purchasing this http://www.avengercontroller.com/ I have heard great things about it, and besides the fact that it looks odd and takes a bit to get used to, it is supposed to be pretty sweet. As for other controllers, if anyone else has ideas please post em as I would like to explore other ideas as well

that avenger sure is a interesting piece.
Spike1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 Spike1988
Member since 2003 • 1631 Posts
I was looking at getting the Razer Onza TE. Then my friend brought his one over to my house.. I have to agree with Airw4ves. The only good thing about the controller was the XYBA buttons. Everything else was terrible! Stick with the regular Xbox 360 control in my opinion.