Controller with Rechargeable Battery Pack Won't Sync?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

diceksox1809

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 diceksox1809
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Hi guys, first post here. I have a controller with a rechargeable battery pack in it, and it works fine. But its the only controller that will work with it. I have a few other controllers that I have tried using the rechargeable packs with, but only one controller will work with it. The controller turns on but it just flashes like it needs to be synced. But won't sync. Any ideas what to do?
Wolfetan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Wolfetan
Member since 2010 • 7522 Posts
[QUOTE="diceksox1809"]Hi guys, first post here. I have a controller with a rechargeable battery pack in it, and it works fine. But its the only controller that will work with it. I have a few other controllers that I have tried using the rechargeable packs with, but only one controller will work with it. The controller turns on but it just flashes like it needs to be synced. But won't sync. Any ideas what to do?

Take the controllers that dont work and connect it with the recharge wire that should sync them.
diceksox1809

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 diceksox1809
[QUOTE="Wolfetan"][QUOTE="diceksox1809"]Hi guys, first post here. I have a controller with a rechargeable battery pack in it, and it works fine. But its the only controller that will work with it. I have a few other controllers that I have tried using the rechargeable packs with, but only one controller will work with it. The controller turns on but it just flashes like it needs to be synced. But won't sync. Any ideas what to do?

Take the controllers that dont work and connect it with the recharge wire that should sync them.

Sorry. Might help if I said it was this kind of pack. http://www.amazon.com/Nyko-Technologies-Station-Battery-Indicator/dp/B004VUJWAY That, but in white.
Wolfetan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Wolfetan
Member since 2010 • 7522 Posts
[QUOTE="diceksox1809"][QUOTE="Wolfetan"][QUOTE="diceksox1809"]Hi guys, first post here. I have a controller with a rechargeable battery pack in it, and it works fine. But its the only controller that will work with it. I have a few other controllers that I have tried using the rechargeable packs with, but only one controller will work with it. The controller turns on but it just flashes like it needs to be synced. But won't sync. Any ideas what to do?

Sorry. Might help if I said it was this kind of pack. http://www.amazon.com/Nyko-Technologies-Station-Battery-Indicator/dp/B004VUJWAY That, but in white.

Sorry I have no idea :(
diceksox1809

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 diceksox1809
Anyone else have any ideas? This has been a huge pain.
Warablo13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Warablo13
Member since 2009 • 1289 Posts
Those rechargeable packs are problems... I have like 2-3 of them that sometimes lose sync and won't even charge... Its best to just buy rechargeable batteries...
diceksox1809

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 diceksox1809
Those rechargeable packs are problems... I have like 2-3 of them that sometimes lose sync and won't even charge... Its best to just buy rechargeable batteries...Warablo13
I don't know about that. Because I have one controller that works with both of the packs. But the packs won't work with any other controllers.
gundaicut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 gundaicut
Member since 2010 • 456 Posts
the best brand to buy would be the nyko charge base 360 works on all my controllers all other brands mainly work with controllers that are made after 2010 for some reason
Talldude80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#9 Talldude80
Member since 2003 • 6321 Posts

3 solutions

1. just use rechargable batteries

2. wired controllers

3. use M$ recharge kits

fastr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 fastr
Member since 2010 • 2100 Posts
How long have you had them? I had the same problem with my old set of rechargables not that long ago. They where pretty much from launch tho. They just don't have enough power to sync up anymore. So.. you either have to connect them with the cable first to get them synced or just buy new ones. I bought new ones and problem solved. I also use the Nyko.. and they did last for a good 5 years or so so thats pretty good.
diceksox1809

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 diceksox1809
How long have you had them? I had the same problem with my old set of rechargables not that long ago. They where pretty much from launch tho. They just don't have enough power to sync up anymore. So.. you either have to connect them with the cable first to get them synced or just buy new ones. I bought new ones and problem solved. I also use the Nyko.. and they did last for a good 5 years or so so thats pretty good. fastr
I'd say I've had them for 3 years or so. I brought the controller that worked with the Nyko in them to a friends house and they still synced up at his house on his xbox. Both packs worked. They just don't want to seem to want to work with any controller but those two. Maybe the guy above had a point when he said they didn't work with post 2010 controllers. Because I think the other one is post 2010.
plvness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 plvness
Member since 2007 • 95 Posts

One solution to use is to disconnect the battery but dont remove it from the controller just let it sit in there then with the conrtoller off and the battery sitting in the controler connect the charging cable that will turn on the controller and sync it then pop the battery in and a moment later you can remove the charging cable and you are good to go

Avatar image for Canvas_Of_Flesh
Canvas_Of_Flesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Canvas_Of_Flesh
Member since 2007 • 4052 Posts
I bought a couple of those rechargeable battery packs a while ago and had nothing but problems. I stick with Duracell rechargeable batteries now.