controller disconnects every 5 minutes

This topic is locked from further discussion.

plvness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 plvness
Member since 2007 • 95 Posts

OK while playing the left 4 dead demo with my headset attached to the controller it disconnects every 5 minutes or so and the controller not the console shut off the batteries are good and it reconnects fine anybody else having this problem and if so how do you fix it

Dawq902

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2 Dawq902
Member since 2007 • 6796 Posts
battery pack is prob messed up. My black controller play and charge kit does not work ne more and I have 2 keep it plugged in all the time. It was pretty much a $75 wired controller.
LP4EVA2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 LP4EVA2005
Member since 2004 • 8585 Posts
yea my controller does the same thing, just not every 5minutes..my Batteries are brand new so i know its not that..its really annoying
Motza22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Motza22
Member since 2008 • 670 Posts

You guys should get the hookup on those rechargable batteries. They are only like 10-20 bucks and they come with their own cord to charge them. So if your controller is disconnecting randomly, you could just plug it in.

Dawq902

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Dawq902

You guys should get the hookup on those rechargable batteries. They are only like 10-20 bucks and they come with their own cord to charge them. So if your controller is disconnecting randomly, you could just plug it in.

Motza22

thats what i have, the play-and-charge kits. I got 2 of them and my black ones battery pack just craps out and has to stay plugged in all the time so it's just like a very expensive wired controller. My white one works perfectly fine though. Oddly my friends black one has the same problem.

LP4EVA2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 LP4EVA2005
Member since 2004 • 8585 Posts

Motza22

umm, then that defeats the point of it being "wireless" if we gotta play with a cord attached to it.

Dawq902

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Dawq902
you just leave it plugged in when your not playing and then unplug it when u r and it should have full battery. You play then charge and repeat.
Motza22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 Motza22
Member since 2008 • 670 Posts
[QUOTE="Motza22"]

Dawq902

thats what i have, the play-and-charge kits. I got 2 of them and my black ones battery pack just craps out and has to stay plugged in all the time so it's just like a very expensive wired controller. My white one works perfectly fine though. Oddly my friends black one has the same problem.

Wow, that's wierd. I also have one black and one white controller, both of them came with their own battery/cord kit and I've never had any problems with either of them. I try not to plug it in until the controller dies on its own though. Maybe plugging it in when the battery isn't completely empty could cause problems? I've heard of cell phones having that problem before.

Dawq902

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Dawq902
Possibly, i know i sometimes would plug it in and continue playing when it was near dieing just so i would not be stopped in the middle of a match or something. My guess is that someone dropped it and the battery pack fell out or something and some wireing or w/e inside got messed up or disconnected. It's no big deal though i got 3 other wireless controllers, although i try not 2 use the battery powerd 1s 2 save money.