Considering a 360 now more then ever...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JAMullins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 JAMullins
Member since 2003 • 582 Posts

My brother has pushed and pushed for me to get a 360 for the past year or so. I currently have a pc, ps3, and wii. PS3's online sucks plus I only have 2 games, wii is not for me but for my wife, and pc is my favorite system. Higher resolutions, better graphics, and better controls keep me stuck to the pc until now. I have been a huge fan of first person shooters for as long as I can remember but now it seems that online games such as my favorite, call of duty 4, has turned into a hack fest. It is sad to go into a server a be over run with hackers. PC gaming is slowly dieing because of pirated games and online hacking is also a huge turn off.

I am considering a 360 because most if not all the games coming out for pc will also be on the 360. There is the aspect of not having to upgrade my system in the future to play a game. The online community is HUGE and there is no hacking besides the rapid fire controllers and the glitching in game (correct me if I am wrong). I hope to see everyone on the battlefield. Also, I was planning on buying a keyboard/mouse adapter to play my games. Is that considered cheating or is it perfectly fine?

Thanks!

SavageM2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 SavageM2
Member since 2005 • 10800 Posts

I wouldn't consider the the keyboard/mouse thing cheating. Lucky hunting online! :) Have fun.

JAMullins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 JAMullins

I wouldn't consider the the keyboard/mouse thing cheating. Lucky hunting online! :) Have fun.

SavageM2

Thanks for the reply. I already have one in mind. My brother, being a true pc gamer as well, just bought an adapter and we are going to test it out this weekend. Hopefully it works good...

Avatar image for The-King-of-FPS
The-King-of-FPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 The-King-of-FPS
Member since 2007 • 769 Posts

How can it be cheating if it's available to everyone legally?

SavageM2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SavageM2
Member since 2005 • 10800 Posts
[QUOTE="SavageM2"]

JAMullins

Thanks for the reply. I already have one in mind. My brother, being a true pc gamer as well, just bought an adapter and we are going to test it out this weekend. Hopefully it works good...

Good luck with that. I always wanted to do that. I just never looked for an adapter.

PocketSled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 PocketSled
Member since 2008 • 163 Posts

I think the keyboard/mouse is cheating

How can you argue against it? Anyways, give it a go and report back to us.

JAMullins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 JAMullins

PocketSled

I am with The-King-of-FPS

It is available as a hardware device to everyone. It isn't editing the game in any way. It may give you an advantage over everyone else but its the same as buying a custom controller. I will check it out this weekend and let everyone know.

MsCortana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MsCortana
Member since 2007 • 10565 Posts

The 360 is definitely a good investment. However, be mindful of purchasing an extended warranty. It never hurts to have a safety net with this otherwise great console. The Live community is expansive and if utilized, it will enhance your gaming experience ten fold.

A little advice though....become familiar with the mute features. ;)

stabbystabstab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 stabbystabstab
Member since 2008 • 1019 Posts

PocketSled

I don't use it. i wouldn't go out and spend money on it either but i don't think it's cheating at all. I don't think modding your stuff is cheating either. Actually the only things i would consider cheating is being invincible or somehting like that. Even then it wouldn't bother me i'd just keep clear of that dude.

Senor_Kami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Senor_Kami
Member since 2008 • 8529 Posts
I think its a waste of money to buy a 360 if you already have a PS3 and a PC. You're not gonna get anything new.
MastaP110

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MastaP110
Member since 2004 • 230 Posts
What does your brother own? And what games are you thinking about buying once you get the 360?
JAMullins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 JAMullins

What does your brother own? And what games are you thinking about buying once you get the 360?MastaP110

He has a 360, ps3, and old pc. But he only plays his 360. He plays cod4 every day. So I plan on buying cod4, far cry 2, fallout 3, and cod5. All of which I can also buy on the PC.

Karnage29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Karnage29
Member since 2005 • 216 Posts
Yea its a very good investment. I bought my 360 2 years ago and love it to death. The only is superior to the ps3s. PC is the same thing except for what u were saying bout the hacking and stuff. Call Of Duty is the best. Hope to see you online soon.
Avatar image for 8732_YoungJeezy
8732_YoungJeezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#14 8732_YoungJeezy
Member since 2008 • 1656 Posts
been having mine since launch and still play it almost everyday
Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Mau-Justice
Member since 2008 • 4907 Posts

It's not cheating. It's not my fault if I play Soul Caliber with an arcade stick and someones using the horrible D-pad. You just take it more seriously then they do, absolutely nothing wrong with that.

It's nice, the enjoyment you'll get from being able to sit on your couch in front of a huge TV and play a relaxed game of CoD4 or something. It's not taken quite as seriously as on PC, which I actually like. I was a huge PC fan but it's getting slowly phased out by my 360. It's worth it in convenience alone. Plus all of the great games you can pick up on the XBLA marketplace.

oneofthefall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16 oneofthefall
Member since 2008 • 494 Posts

I have been a huge fan of first person shooters for as long as I can remember but now it seems that online games such as my favorite, call of duty 4, has turned into a hack fest. It is sad to go into a server a be over run with hackers. PC gaming is slowly dieing because of pirated games and online hacking is also a huge turn off.JAMullins

Totally agree, i felt the same with Battlefield 2 for the P.C with Aim Bot and other silly hack Programs, which in the end were useless and only got people banned forever on EA Servers once they were found out, i remember when i was asked to set up servers for a clan and after a while it felt like you couldn't play the game because you were either too busy banning hackers & glitchers and working out claims of hackers to see if they were true, i gave up on P.C Gaming along time ago because its waaay to easy to hack a game and import your own Hack or cheating program, people who normally say that the p.c is better online are normally rubbish at Consoles and have to use a hack in every game they play online or sometimes offline, with the xbox 360 you cant unless you fancy being banned from xbox live for life and the same goes for PS3 if you try to hack that and you succeed and your found out then your the one getting owned for a hell of a long time,

but there are good players who are just skilled on the p.c and deserve to be rewarded for fair play, and those players are sometimes mistaken for Hackers! but nowadays its not easy to determin a hacker and a skilled player unless you see a hacker aiming at a wall then gets a perfect headshot its pretty much becoming a guessing game or a life time dedication to hacker spotting (which isnt enjoyable)

jvmva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 jvmva
Member since 2005 • 433 Posts

My brother has pushed and pushed for me to get a 360 for the past year or so. I currently have a pc, ps3, and wii. PS3's online sucks plus I only have 2 games, wii is not for me but for my wife, and pc is my favorite system. Higher resolutions, better graphics, and better controls keep me stuck to the pc until now. I have been a huge fan of first person shooters for as long as I can remember but now it seems that online games such as my favorite, call of duty 4, has turned into a hack fest. It is sad to go into a server a be over run with hackers. PC gaming is slowly dieing because of pirated games and online hacking is also a huge turn off.

I am considering a 360 because most if not all the games coming out for pc will also be on the 360. There is the aspect of not having to upgrade my system in the future to play a game. The online community is HUGE and there is no hacking besides the rapid fire controllers and the glitching in game (correct me if I am wrong). I hope to see everyone on the battlefield. Also, I was planning on buying a keyboard/mouse adapter to play my games. Is that considered cheating or is it perfectly fine?

Thanks!

JAMullins
cOOL, My gamertag tag is xV1NS4N1TYx i mostly play gears of war!!!!!!!!
Mr_Unko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Mr_Unko
Member since 2002 • 208 Posts
To be honest, once you start to master the xbox 360 controller with cod4 you'll have a whole lot much better experience! also, i could by the thumb keyboard attachment. its all mic dude!
Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Mau-Justice

To be honest, once you start to master the xbox 360 controller with cod4 you'll have a whole lot much better experience! also, i could by the thumb keyboard attachment. its all mic dude!Mr_Unko

Well there's no denying that Mouse/Keyboard is much better, faster, and more accurate than a controller. But what makes it better to me is being able to sit down on a couch in your living room, instead of hunched in front of a 22'' monitor sitting at a desk.

They Keyboard/Mouse piece for 360 is called XFPS in case you haven't found it already.

FlashCharge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#20 FlashCharge
Member since 2007 • 2239 Posts
Go for it and I wish you GOOD LUCK with a stable console.
JAMullins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 JAMullins

[QUOTE="Mr_Unko"]To be honest, once you start to master the xbox 360 controller with cod4 you'll have a whole lot much better experience! also, i could by the thumb keyboard attachment. its all mic dude!Mau-Justice

Well there's no denying that Mouse/Keyboard is much better, faster, and more accurate than a controller. But what makes it better to me is being able to sit down on a couch in your living room, instead of hunched in front of a 22'' monitor sitting at a desk.

They Keyboard/Mouse piece for 360 is called XFPS in case you haven't found it already.

Yea already ordered it, should be in tomorrow... test it on my brothers pc...

Go for it and I wish you GOOD LUCK with a stable console.FlashCharge

Thanks man!

[QUOTE="JAMullins"] I have been a huge fan of first person shooters for as long as I can remember but now it seems that online games such as my favorite, call of duty 4, has turned into a hack fest. It is sad to go into a server a be over run with hackers. PC gaming is slowly dieing because of pirated games and online hacking is also a huge turn off.oneofthefall

Totally agree, i felt the same with Battlefield 2 for the P.C with Aim Bot and other silly hack Programs, which in the end were useless and only got people banned forever on EA Servers once they were found out, i remember when i was asked to set up servers for a clan and after a while it felt like you couldn't play the game because you were either too busy banning hackers & glitchers and working out claims of hackers to see if they were true, i gave up on P.C Gaming along time ago because its waaay to easy to hack a game and import your own Hack or cheating program, people who normally say that the p.c is better online are normally rubbish at Consoles and have to use a hack in every game they play online or sometimes offline, with the xbox 360 you cant unless you fancy being banned from xbox live for life and the same goes for PS3 if you try to hack that and you succeed and your found out then your the one getting owned for a hell of a long time,

but there are good players who are just skilled on the p.c and deserve to be rewarded for fair play, and those players are sometimes mistaken for Hackers! but nowadays its not easy to determin a hacker and a skilled player unless you see a hacker aiming at a wall then gets a perfect headshot its pretty much becoming a guessing game or a life time dedication to hacker spotting (which isnt enjoyable)

thanks for the reply.

R_MAHIL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 R_MAHIL
Member since 2008 • 1120 Posts

i think games are harder with a keyboard and mouse. but thats prob cuz im a hardcore console gamer not pc.

anywayz i was wondering when you play fps isn't it hard to look round like you do with the right stick.

Beesters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23 Beesters
Member since 2007 • 2189 Posts
get a xbox 360 man!! We are waiting for some geat games this season, and it will be a blast!! The only thing that the PC is better then xbox360, besides graphics, resolution, etc. Is if you love stragety games like, command and conquer, and especially starcraft
nate_c-12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 nate_c-12
Member since 2008 • 3072 Posts

Games to get-

Shooters-

Call of Duty 2

Call of Duty 4

Call of Duty World at War

Halo 3

Far Cry 2

Racing-

Forza 2

PGR 4

Action/Adventure-

Assassins Creed

Prince of Persia

Sports-

Madden 09

NHL 09

NBA 2k9

Hope this helps! ...and happy gaming!

JAMullins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 JAMullins

i think games are harder with a keyboard and mouse. but thats prob cuz im a hardcore console gamer not pc.

anywayz i was wondering when you play fps isn't it hard to look round like you do with the right stick.

R_MAHIL

No actually a mouse and keyboard go perfect together for controls. You look/aim with the mouse and move with the keyboard. It is 10x more accurate compaired to a analog stick on a controller.

indiankid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 indiankid
Member since 2006 • 66 Posts
It actually is, that's why they add autoaim to most fps games on the 360.

Tell me if the adapter works well, I might go and get one
I wonder if the autoaim would be annoying with a mouse?
JAMullins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 JAMullins

It actually is, that's why they add autoaim to most fps games on the 360.

Tell me if the adapter works well, I might go and get one
I wonder if the autoaim would be annoying with a mouse?
indiankid

I guess you are talking about auto aim for singleplayer games.

DarkRikuShadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#28 DarkRikuShadow
Member since 2004 • 627 Posts
Im glad a got a 360 over a ps3 at the time the 360 is wayy better the online community on COD4 is ok depending on if you play with people who like to Drop the N bomb for no reason but if you get it. ill be happy to play some COD4 with u
RCFTechOn3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 RCFTechOn3
Member since 2007 • 222 Posts
buy the 360 you will love it
R_MAHIL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 R_MAHIL
[QUOTE="R_MAHIL"]

JAMullins

No actually a mouse and keyboard go perfect together for controls. You look/aim with the mouse and move with the keyboard. It is 10x more accurate compaired to a analog stick on a controller.

cool. i might start getting more pc games soon because their cheaper. i just have one more question. do you have to keep buying new graphics cards etc. and is that stuff expensive?

sorry for asking these questions even though it's your thread to ask others.

TX360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#31 TX360
Member since 2008 • 4051 Posts

I think its a waste of money to buy a 360 if you already have a PS3 and a PC. You're not gonna get anything new.Senor_Kami

oh really

1. Better online service

2 larger community where mostly everyone has mics unlike PSN

3. IMO a much better game libary and don't come back with blurzone and LBP.

on topic you will love the 360 buy it now.

battleroyalex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32 battleroyalex
Member since 2005 • 61 Posts
I was once like you, a pc FPS gamer and could not stand the analog sticks. They have GREATLY improved since the ps2 era and games like cod4 for 360, halo3 have become awesome. I can easily get headshots and control my player how I would on a pc. However it does take a few days / weeks to match your pc level.
R_MAHIL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 R_MAHIL

[QUOTE="Senor_Kami"]I think its a waste of money to buy a 360 if you already have a PS3 and a PC. You're not gonna get anything new.TX360

oh really

1. Better online service

2 larger community where mostly everyone has mics unlike PSN

3. IMO a much better game libary and don't come back with blurzone and LBP.

on topic you will love the 360 buy it now.

i agree. some good points but i think someone will say 'take this thread to system wars' very soon

pete_merlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#34 pete_merlin
Member since 2007 • 6098 Posts
mine just died, its the 3rd death with my 360s :( other than that its really good.
JAMullins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 JAMullins

mine just died, its the 3rd death with my 360s :( other than that its really good. pete_merlin

What version of the 360 do you have? I wanted to buy the elite but the price is way too high for extra HDD space, black color, and hdmi cable. I plan to get a pro which hopefully is cured of the red ring.

Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Mau-Justice

[QUOTE="pete_merlin"]mine just died, its the 3rd death with my 360s :( other than that its really good. JAMullins

What version of the 360 do you have? I wanted to buy the elite but the price is way too high for extra HDD space, black color, and hdmi cable. I plan to get a pro which hopefully is cured of the red ring.

Not cured, as no hardware is fault proof...but MUCH less of an issue these days. My Xbox is almost 2 years old now, no problems at all. Just keep it horizontal, standing it vertically blocks the biggest vent in the system which is at the bottom.

JAMullins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 JAMullins

Reporting back to everyone that wanted to know about the XFPS Sniper 3.0 plus.

Every review I read about the product was great. After using the product it is far from perfect. It has a jerking problem also know as dead zone that keeps you from really enjoying the product. The product also makes your wired headset not work properly so you are forced to buy a wireless headset. Not a single review of the XFPS Sniper 3.0 Plus said anything about having to use a wireless headset. I have a feeling that the reviewers have never played a pc first person shoot ever.

It is honestly much better then using the controller if you don't mind the jerking issue. I read several forums and they led me to a product called the XIM. It allows you to hook your 360 to your pc via usb cable, xfps, and special chip/adapter. It increases the performance by "99%". The XIM1 can only be found off ebay. The XIM2 is in development which allows you to use your wired heatset, no purchase of the XFPS, and more performance over the XIM1. Good luck getting your hands on a XIM2 because they release XIM2 Do It Yourself kits for $54.99 and pre-builds for $150, both are extremely hard to get.

I am going to pass on the XIM's because they only give you better performance on 1st person shooters and not 3rd person.