Commander Sheppard to return as Android In Mass Effect 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DranzarTypeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 DranzarTypeF
Member since 2009 • 2623 Posts

From the teaser trailer i've seen on youtube i think it was trying to imply that sheppard was killed, and what ever was preserved of his body was used to make an andoid in the form of a Geth, what do you guys think ? :shock:

here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIOaJA-apis

vendettared468

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 vendettared468
Member since 2006 • 4437 Posts

I don't know if this is a joke or not, but i don't think so.

enix165

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 enix165
Member since 2007 • 1848 Posts

*SPOILERSPOILERSPOILERS BELOW*

Well, he made it out alive and well at the end of ME1, so I don't think he'd be turned into an android...but it says the first Human spectre was Captain Anders fairly early on in the game, so maybe something happened to Anders...?

imlolmon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 imlolmon
Member since 2009 • 503 Posts

thats what it looks like. seems like its becoming a popular thing, like being a big daddy in bioshock 2

VinxVince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 VinxVince
Member since 2004 • 219 Posts

Well, he made it out alive and well at the end of ME1, so I don't think he'd be turned into an android...but it says the first Human spectre was Captain Anders fairly early on in the game, so maybe something happened to Anders...?

enix165
No Anders was not the first human spectre. Shepard was the first human spectre. That Android is from the books and is not Shepard. I can guarantee you Shepard is not dead.
imlolmon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 imlolmon

maybe his ship crashed or something and everyone thinks hes dead and thats how the game starts, then when you talk with everyone they're like "woah! i thought you died?!"

enix165

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 enix165
[QUOTE="enix165"]

VinxVince
No Anders was not the first human spectre. Shepard was the first human spectre. That Android is from the books and is not Shepard. I can guarantee you Shepard is not dead.

*MORESPOILERS* O_o I'm pretty sure it says he was, and during his first assignment Saren messed up the mission intentionally to get him kicked out...=/ I never read the books, but...
imlolmon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 imlolmon

[QUOTE="VinxVince"][QUOTE="enix165"]

enix165

*MORESPOILERS* O_o I'm pretty sure it says he was, and during his first assignment Saren messed up the mission intentionally to get him kicked out...=/ I never read the books, but...

i dont think he actually became a spectre, he was in the position right about to become a spectre, but the mission he had to do to prove himself was screwed up by saren.

enix165

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 enix165

[QUOTE="enix165"][QUOTE="VinxVince"] No Anders was not the first human spectre. Shepard was the first human spectre. That Android is from the books and is not Shepard. I can guarantee you Shepard is not dead.imlolmon

i dont think he actually became a spectre, he was in the position right about to become a spectre, but the mission he had to do to prove himself was screwed up by saren.

Maybe that was it, I thought it was his first mission, but I could be wrong, I haven't played it in like a month and I forget things quickly...
VinxVince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 VinxVince
Member since 2004 • 219 Posts
[QUOTE="VinxVince"][QUOTE="enix165"]

enix165

He was a candidate to become a spectre, but Saren screwed up on a mission and killed innocent people, blamed Anderson. So Anderson never became a Spectre.
krisroe_213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 krisroe_213
Member since 2003 • 898 Posts

[QUOTE="enix165"][QUOTE="VinxVince"] No Anders was not the first human spectre. Shepard was the first human spectre. That Android is from the books and is not Shepard. I can guarantee you Shepard is not dead.VinxVince

He was a candidate to become a spectre, but Saren screwed up on a mission and killed innocent people, blamed Anderson. So Anderson never became a Spectre.

This is correct..And no Sheps isn't dead nor has he turned into Geth. They call it a teaser for a reason.

imlolmon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 imlolmon

i really hope you could use your same character in the second one from the first, and i dont mean they have to keep all the stats to, just the look. id feel strange playing through me2 with shepard looking totally different

Kengonin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Kengonin
Member since 2005 • 48 Posts
Yup, VinxVince said it right, Shepard was the first human spectre, even though i hate speculation on things that noone knows anything about yet, I'll add my thoughts here since im already replying, I don't think that Shepard is dead, he's probably just ventured far out and they lost contact or something, maybe he intentionally faked his death to procede with whatever plans they wrote for him or something, maybe bioware thought it'd be clever if he returns in ME 2 as the main antagonist, like a new saren or something. Anyway we'll all see what's what when the game comes out.
atrack800

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 atrack800
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

I figure i'll add my 2 cents.

I bet Shepard isn't dead, since if he's bad enough to beat Saren, then what in the universe is bad enough to kill him?? Also, ya'll are right, Anders wasn't the first human Spectre, he was on a misson with Saren and Saren screwed him. The first book goes into a lot of detail into what happened. I think there's a 2nd book, has anyone read it? Is it worth the time to read it?

darkmoney52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 darkmoney52
Member since 2004 • 4332 Posts

maybe his ship crashed or something and everyone thinks hes dead and thats how the game starts, then when you talk with everyone they're like "woah! i thought you died?!"

imlolmon
That's what I'm thinking. The devs said that everything in the teaser was going to be in the story but refused to comment on whether Shepperd is actually dead or not so people probably just think he's dead at the beginning.
Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#16 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Shepard probably faked his death or the human council thinks hes dead or MIA,I would go with the faked death since hes a spectre and probably has to lay low for awhile.

I doubt hes gonna be a villain since shepard has to look like the shepard you made in your play through.

Avatar image for Morning_Revival
Morning_Revival

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Morning_Revival
Member since 2008 • 3475 Posts
[QUOTE="enix165"]

No, Anders was not the first Human Spectre. He almost was, but Saren blamed the accident on... I forget what the Planet is called but Saren made it so that Anders wouldnt be able to be a Spectre.
imlolmon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 imlolmon

Shepard probably faked his death or the human council thinks hes dead or MIA,I would go with the faked death since hes a spectre and probably has to lay low for awhile.

I doubt hes gonna be a villain since shepard has to look like the shepard you made in your play through.

Ballroompirate

noone said he was going to be a villian?

jus2nyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#19 jus2nyce
Member since 2005 • 1574 Posts

I think BioWare is going to let you play as Shepard for the first half of the game then kill him off, or do something along the lines of MGS2 where you play a new lead character half way through.

Kengonin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Kengonin
Member since 2005 • 48 Posts

"noone said he was going to be a villian?"

Actually I implied that, a few posts up, now on topic, the whole thing is probably just an excuse so you won't get to play as shepard in this game, cuz it's an rpg game, and shepard was too powerfull at the end of ME 1, so the whole thing is probably just a way of making you create a new character and start development back from scratch. Sure I don't doubt he'll make an appearance, just not as a playable character.

Hotwire246

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Hotwire246
Member since 2004 • 848 Posts
They could just make it so that the enemies are stronger depending on your starting level. Does anyone else think they really need to add more big bosses into RPG's these days? Like in Final Fantasy they always had LOADS of really strong bosses (including lots of secret ones) which you could choose to fight or not, but that had really great rewards for beating. But hardly any other RPGs do this. It's a great incentive to explore and actually means that there is a point in exploring. I think they should do this in Mass Effect (and DEFINATELY in Fable) so that all your hard earned work in levelling up can be put to use, and not just wasted on easy enemies.
imlolmon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 imlolmon

bosses are a great addition to games that seem to be fading more and more, but they piss me off at the same time too, haha... if i had a nickle for everytime i wanted to rip my hair out over boss fights.. oh god.

capthavic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#23 capthavic
Member since 2003 • 6478 Posts
Not gonna happen.
choffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 choffy
Member since 2005 • 1881 Posts

They call it a teaser for a reason.

krisroe_213

Remember watching an interview Geoff Keighly (sp?) did with the Executive Producer on Mass Effect 2 on GameTrailers TV. In the interview, the guy said:

Everything in the teaser in important and in the game.BioWare Guy

:shock: