COD:World at War Sniper mission

This topic is locked from further discussion.

viperit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 viperit
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

Hi, how on earth are you meant to kill the sniper on mission 4?! I shot him four times in a row now and he didn't die. Just keeps saying you wounded him despite shooting him in the head! He knows exactly where you are even if he can't see you... the bullet fires through solid objects at you when your in total cover so he can't possibly know where you are! Doesn't help when your ally keeps telling you he's on the wrong floor. Also half the time he doesn't even need to aim at you, he just sticks the gun round the wall and kills you without even aiming so you have no chance of shooting him first or dodging as its instantanious! Its so stupid and unrealistic!

NOD_Grindking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 NOD_Grindking
Member since 2004 • 2778 Posts

Hi, how on earth are you meant to kill the sniper on mission 4?! I shot him four times in a row now and he didn't die. Just keeps saying you wounded him despite shooting him in the head! He knows exactly where you are even if he can't see you... the bullet fires through solid objects at you when your in total cover so he can't possibly know where you are! Doesn't help when your ally keeps telling you he's on the wrong floor. Also half the time he doesn't even need to aim at you, he just sticks the gun round the wall and kills you without even aiming so you have no chance of shooting him first or dodging as its instantanious! Its so stupid and unrealistic!

viperit
Thats a tough spot, took me a few tries...just watch where he is going, and you'll notice the patterns....go to a spot where you are right beside a wall, and when you see his flash, duck and move behind the wall....you have to wound him a few times before you get em.
paulokoenigkam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#3 paulokoenigkam
Member since 2005 • 3930 Posts
I have to ask. WHAT THE HELL?! That part is fun, and horribly easy. On normal, 1 good shot will kill the sniper. On Hardened, 2 good shots will kill the sniper. On Veteran, 3 good shots will kill the sniper. Keep in mind, they have to be CONSECUTIVE SHOTS. Think as if the sniper has the same regen health system as you do. Maybe you didn't miss the shots, but the sniper appeared and you didn't shoot him. That counts as a miss, so you have to start over.
Avatar image for Morning_Revival
Morning_Revival

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Morning_Revival
Member since 2008 • 3475 Posts
Well, maybe you shouldnt shoot his arm?
enix165

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 enix165
Member since 2007 • 1848 Posts
[QUOTE="paulokoenigkam"]I have to ask. WHAT THE HELL?! That part is fun, and horribly easy.

O_o Really? XD That was my least favorite part of the entire game(mind you, that could be because I prefer run-and-gun, but...)...anyways, yeah, that part of the mission's a PAIN...just try not to zoom in until you see him, and never hold your breath unlesss he's in your sights. =P That's about all the advice I've got.
Flamecommando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Flamecommando
Member since 2003 • 11634 Posts

You must keep trying to shoot him. Try to hit him as soon as you see him pop out.

rustedMECH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 rustedMECH
Member since 2006 • 910 Posts

That part on Veteran is really annoying.

nate_c-12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 nate_c-12
Member since 2008 • 3072 Posts
just wait......this will seem like a walk in park when you hit other missions on veteran.
ratchetcooper1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#9 ratchetcooper1
Member since 2007 • 144 Posts

Anticipate his next move, you can't justwait for him and just start shooting.

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#10 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
Took me so very very very very long on expert. I got lucky. Just vary your cover spots constantly.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#11 avataraang1
Member since 2006 • 5436 Posts

He usually always starts on the top right. Watch for any of his clothing fazing through walls. Always go in dark parts of the room and maintain slight movements

Dave_442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Dave_442
Member since 2008 • 405 Posts

Just sit in cover and make sure to track his position. When he jumps out to shoot dont even try to shoot back then pop up and hit him while he moves between windows. He just goes from left to right and then back most of the time. Only took me a couple of minutes on veteran with this strategy.

brian123233

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 brian123233
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
yeah, i think they made that part a little to hard. i got mad aswell but keep trying it.