COD4 "Heat" on Veteran

This topic is locked from further discussion.

chappy4310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 chappy4310
Member since 2007 • 186 Posts
Hey everyone, I'm finally playing through COD4 on Veteran difficulty. I'm on the level "Heat" and I'm having a really tough time with it. I'm at the end of the level when you have to run from the farm back down to the gas station where the helicopter is standing by. I found this to be the hardest part of the campaign when I played on normal difficulty. Anyway, I know a lot of you have beaten this level on Veteran and I'm just wondering if anyone has any tips/advice on how to make it through alive.
LightColor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 LightColor
Member since 2006 • 2709 Posts
simple go to youtube n type in heat on veteran or sumtin like that n videos will pop up, i used one to get pass it, saved me lots of time n frustration lol
caddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 caddy
Member since 2005 • 28709 Posts

Its pretty tough. You have to use your airstrikes a lot as well as be careful. It can all end in one shot so you have to make sure that before you start a run that there is nobody about. My advice is go through the shed on the right of the field and wait there for a bit, throwing air strikes on the main field whilst mowing down any enemy that heads for the shed. Then, once its clear, make a run down to the big aerial stands and move left into a house, then drop a few more airstrikes at busy areas and book it down to the helicopter.

I got stuck on this bit for too long, my best advice is just keep at it! You will learn where the enemies come from and when to make the runs.

Spectrum8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Spectrum8
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
I beat it by simply sticking to the right of the map as much as possible and not stopping for anything. It took me a bunch of tries but i guess i was lucky. In my opinion the "All In" mission was the hardest for me. Those stupid 3 way chokepoints had me going for hours :evil:.
Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#5 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

I just sprinted like a Mother down the hill.

I went left, and never really stopped to kill people.

I was able to do it in like 2 tries, I just got lucky dodging bullets.

Try sprinting wide left, avoiding close quarters with enemies.

Strife88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 Strife88
Member since 2005 • 6073 Posts
The way I finished was; take a few guys out and drop an airstrike by the enemy soldiers ahead. Move into the barn, place claymore by the door and pick off the soldiers trying to run from the outside while staying in cover.

Then run outside and turn left, crouch and shoot the soldiers that are at the far end of the field. Crawl into the pipe in the ground and wait a second, you can drop another airstrike or just shoot the soldiers from here.

When everything looks good make your way to the right of the house, airstrike, run to the house on the left and wait. Go upstairs jump out the window and sprint to the next house and wait and jump over the wall to the end.

that's it, just do your best not to get hit too often.
LightColor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 LightColor
Member since 2006 • 2709 Posts
actually 2 airstrikes is enough already to get pass, but i would still suggest the youtube video, so u actually c how to do it, instead of trying to read it lol
GEARSofWAR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 GEARSofWAR360
Member since 2006 • 1405 Posts
When you're on top of the hill and you find out your birds are gonna be at the bottom first thing to do is go to the right into the little ditch right of the barn. Then put some airstrike ahead of you and run. when you get to that water tower thing there should be a bit of piping so get in it and you'll have to find a good spot where grenades won't get you. Put about 4 or five airstrikes where you think enemies are. Then go into the cemetary and put another airstrike up ahead before contiuing into it. When you see your birds put the rest of your remaining airstrikes where you're getting fired upon and run like hell to your birds. It may take a few times but it worked for me. Just remember, go right never go left.
Zackaria1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Zackaria1
Member since 2007 • 125 Posts
This and "One Shot One Kill" are the only parts I can't beat. So I just skipped them and finished the rest of the game.
Wildhang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Wildhang
Member since 2003 • 156 Posts
The key is reaching checkpoints! If you don't get any checkpoints your timing is to slow so find a way to pick up the pace and checkpoints will just pop up. Airstrikes and special enemy trigger points must be elimnated. All Call of Duties play the same way hurry and get there.
chappy4310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 chappy4310
Alright, thanks everyone for you input. I think I'll give it another try when I get home from work. I'll search for those videos and if they don't help me much then I'll try some of the methods recommended here.
chappy4310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 chappy4310

This and "One Shot One Kill" are the only parts I can't beat. So I just skipped them and finished the rest of the game.Zackaria1

I didn't have too much trouble with "One Shot One Kill" until the end when you have to wait by the ferris wheel until the helicopter comes. Then, after about a dozen tries, I discovered that you can sorta hide on the other side of the bumper cars. What I did was lay down next to the ferris wheel and snipe as many guys as I could, then when the 3 helicopters start dropping off more troops I ran to the opposite side of the bumper car ride and knelt down. There's only one way that the troops can come after you and they can't really shoot through the railing on the side of the ride (you would think they'd be able too, glitch in the game maybe?). Capt MacMillan can fend for himself so I just stayed there and picked off the soldiers one at a time as they came around the side. Every once and a while one of them while toss a grenade to where you are but you can just move away from it while staying alongside the bumper cars. Anyway, Zackaria, if that's the part you're stuck on, try what I did, it makes things a lot easier.

KoFoNiO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 KoFoNiO
Member since 2006 • 938 Posts
Heat is pretty hard, but No fighting in the war room on veteran is a nightmare. took me forever to beat that, good luck if you get that far.
chappy4310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 chappy4310

Heat is pretty hard, but No fighting in the war room on veteran is a nightmare. took me forever to beat that, good luck if you get that far.KoFoNiO

Great .... :roll: haha.

chappy4310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 chappy4310

Well, I just beat "Heat" on Veteran. :D I found a YouTube walkthrough in which immediately after destroying the last tank with the Javelin, the guy just bolts. He takes the route through the small barn and the field on the right. You hardly encounter any troops because by the time they begin to come in waves you're already most of the way down the hill. That made it A LOT easier haha.

Here's the link if anyone needs the video= http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWx4GMjc0nU&feature=related

Big_Boss465

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Big_Boss465
Member since 2007 • 834 Posts
I just kept using my airstrikes. I would find a good spot for cover take out a few enemies, call in an airstrike and then make a dash for new cover. Repeating this 9-10 times I made it down the hill in time. Checkpoints will help out the trial and error process. I remember that I started by gowing through the shed and the field on the right side of the map to start and zig-zagged my way down the hill.
Hitchy9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 Hitchy9
Member since 2007 • 2054 Posts
Search on youtube and look for the nextgenwalkthrough video for it. They're really helpful. I referred to that pretty frequently when I got stuck in certain parts in CoD4.
taurian0205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 taurian0205
Member since 2007 • 56 Posts

i beat heat on veteran by watching the tutorial on youtube, and theres a glitch with the glasses window in the barn, lol, u can snipe from there and the enemy's bullet cant hit u :)

destroyer360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 destroyer360
Member since 2007 • 549 Posts
ok this is a really tough mission and u have to use airstrikes u need to go to the field on the right go to the house at the end of the field u have to get there in a certain amount of time and ull get a checkpoint but ive noticed sometimes u dont get the checkpoint unless u get there in a certain time
Avatar image for deactivated-64b76bd048860
deactivated-64b76bd048860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#20 deactivated-64b76bd048860
Member since 2007 • 4363 Posts
I hid followed a guide on YouTube and I was hiding in the hut to the right, second floor. Calling Airstrikes on the left, and killing when people got in through the door on the right. Wait until no more people come on the right, and then run that way. Use smokes, and hopefully you'll get through. I went through the tavern as well.
xscrapzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 xscrapzx
Member since 2007 • 6636 Posts
COD 4 on veteran was really difficult and frustrating at times, it took me a while to beat it in that difficulty.