COD: Modern Warfare 2 -> Kill Streak idea.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

paulokoenigkam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 0

#1 paulokoenigkam
Member since 2005 • 3930 Posts

People complained about tanks in COD:WaW, and Dogs. What about this?

3 streak -> UAV (just like it used to be)

6 streak -> Air Strike (yup, just like that but + 1 kill)

9 streak -> an AI controlled Tank/Helicopter, the vehicle could change. I mean, in some maps you'd get the Heli, in others, the Tank.

But here's the catch. You can only get the + streak with kills YOU did. For example, with an air strike, you could instantly get 2 kills and summon a helicopter, now the kills you get in the air strike, will go to your kill count, but to get the next kill streak reward, you'd have to kill 3 guys yourself.

Another catch would be a change in the last kill streak. Each team could summon their helicopters/dogs only once at a time in COD4 and WaW. But now they can be summoned at the same time, in a sort of cancelling each other. I'll explain better.

Let's say your helicopter stays 1 minute in the air raping your enemies, then leaves ok?

You called your Helicopter, but after 30 seconds, the enemy calls his. Both helicopters will stay in the air "fighting" each other, after 30 more seconds yours will leave, and the enemy's will keep for another 30 seconds. It's fair, both stayed in the air for the exact same time. BUT, while they focus on fighting each other, you can help YOUR heli destroy the enemy's, so you can enjoy a couple more seconds of your heli before it leaves.

The same could be for tanks, dogs or whatever.

Pugberto3122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 Pugberto3122
Member since 2006 • 217 Posts

I am hoping that they bring back vechiles like the tank, jeeps and maybe even a helicopter. With Call of Duty's formula and an added drop of Battlefield it would make an awesome game. The Call of Duty formula still has a lot of room for improvement though, there were lot of issues in the last installments.

bobert19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 bobert19
Member since 2004 • 49 Posts

25 kills should be like a nuke or A-bomb or something. kills everyone on the opposite team once so you get like +60 automatically. that would be a sweet bonus for getting 25 kills lol

360James

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 360James
Member since 2008 • 118 Posts

Thats actually a really good idea - i really love the idea of Al-controlled heli's/tanks battling it out over the same battlefield - and being able to help your respective side's vehicle win the day...

Maybe, depending on which side you play as, one team has a tank, the other has a heli - or you could choose just after calling them in?? Just an idea - loving yours, though! :D

paulokoenigkam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 paulokoenigkam

Thats actually a really good idea - i really love the idea of Al-controlled heli's/tanks battling it out over the same battlefield - and being able to help your respective side's vehicle win the day...

Maybe, depending on which side you play as, one team has a tank, the other has a heli - or you could choose just after calling them in?? Just an idea - loving yours, though! :D

360James
Choose one? That's probably even better. I was thinking 9 kills = Tank, 12 kills = Helicopter, but it'll be VERY rare to get a heli like that. It'll be amazing, if they balance them both. 9 KILL STREAK! press left for helicopter or press right for tank. Tank X Helicopter fights!
360James

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 360James

Nice to know you liked it! ;) Maybe we should play LIVE sometime??

paulokoenigkam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 paulokoenigkam

Nice to know you liked it! ;) Maybe we should play LIVE sometime??

360James
I'd love to, I even might. But I'm not a good ally or a challenging enemy. I rarely play live, because my connection is 300kbps...
360James

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 360James

Aha, its all good! Im just a casual gamer, not one these hard-core guys that scream down the mic for doing one thing wrong/against their plans!

See you round!

NOD_Grindking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 NOD_Grindking
Member since 2004 • 2778 Posts

People complained about tanks in COD:WaW, and Dogs. What about this?

3 streak -> UAV (just like it used to be)

6 streak -> Air Strike (yup, just like that but + 1 kill)

9 streak -> an AI controlled Tank/Helicopter, the vehicle could change. I mean, in some maps you'd get the Heli, in others, the Tank.

But here's the catch. You can only get the + streak with kills YOU did. For example, with an air strike, you could instantly get 2 kills and summon a helicopter, now the kills you get in the air strike, will go to your kill count, but to get the next kill streak reward, you'd have to kill 3 guys yourself.

Another catch would be a change in the last kill streak. Each team could summon their helicopters/dogs only once at a time in COD4 and WaW. But now they can be summoned at the same time, in a sort of cancelling each other. I'll explain better.

Let's say your helicopter stays 1 minute in the air raping your enemies, then leaves ok?

You called your Helicopter, but after 30 seconds, the enemy calls his. Both helicopters will stay in the air "fighting" each other, after 30 more seconds yours will leave, and the enemy's will keep for another 30 seconds. It's fair, both stayed in the air for the exact same time. BUT, while they focus on fighting each other, you can help YOUR heli destroy the enemy's, so you can enjoy a couple more seconds of your heli before it leaves.

The same could be for tanks, dogs or whatever.

paulokoenigkam
Wow...not often do these 'player ideas' turn out to be any good, but I LOVE your ideas man....they are fantastic
jaypet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 jaypet
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

What should really be done is....go back to COD1 or COD2 where there was no UAV, airstrike, or helicopter. Those three things ruined the game.

paulokoenigkam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 paulokoenigkam

What should really be done is....go back to COD1 or COD2 where there was no UAV, airstrike, or helicopter. Those three things ruined the game.

jaypet
Really? I found that COD 4 really broke some ground with the rewarding kill streak system.
jaypet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jaypet
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

All COD4 did was level the ground between good players and horrible players so the not so good were decent and the great were just great. all those perks and all those airstrikes and uavs ruined the series IMO.

NOD_Grindking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 NOD_Grindking
Member since 2004 • 2778 Posts

All COD4 did was level the ground between good players and horrible players so the not so good were decent and the great were just great. all those perks and all those airstrikes and uavs ruined the series IMO.

jaypet
How exactly did it level the ground between good and horrible players? Those are rewards for playing WELL....'horrible players' don't play WELL, so they wouldn't be getting the streaks, where as great players would be getting the streaks all the time? I just don't understand your argument. Care to elaborate?
ish27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 ish27
Member since 2006 • 1003 Posts

I like every idea there except the one regarding AI kills don't count toward your streak. I like having them in my streak, because I could have probably killed them myself, and that not being in my streak would suck :P

cheesenuggets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 cheesenuggets
Member since 2007 • 504 Posts

no thats a terrible idea its fine the way it is

boxofwit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 boxofwit
Member since 2007 • 947 Posts

Good Idea, can't wait for this game.

Godofnerdyness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Godofnerdyness
Member since 2007 • 3248 Posts

I have a good idea.

9 kill streak > A time portal will open up and an army of T-rexes with flames tattoed on their arms rush out and eat everyone in sight for 1 minute.

That is all.

RebornInFlames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#18 RebornInFlames
Member since 2006 • 1192 Posts
It is a good idea. I would go further and make it so that you have to "cash in" your kills from your streak, so that if you call in an airstrike or UAV, your killstreak resets to 0. People waste most of their UAVs through overlapping and frankly airstrikes and choppers come in too frequently. This would impart a little strategy and risk to it - do you use your airstrike now, or do you think you can get a couple more kills and hold off for the chopper?
paulokoenigkam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 paulokoenigkam

I like every idea there except the one regarding AI kills don't count toward your streak. I like having them in my streak, because I could have probably killed them myself, and that not being in my streak would suck :P

ish27
They'd count for your streak, but what I meant was... Example: 6 kills -> airstrike 9kills -> helicopter When you got your airstrike, it killed 3 people, it shows up in your screen and to everyone else-> ish27 has a 9 kill streak! however, a tiny kill count would still appear in your HUD saying "Need 3 more kills to get the helicopter" The streaks would at to your total, and kill streak count, but not to the next streak reward. got it? :)
paulokoenigkam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 paulokoenigkam
It is a good idea. I would go further and make it so that you have to "cash in" your kills from your streak, so that if you call in an airstrike or UAV, your killstreak resets to 0. People waste most of their UAVs through overlapping and frankly airstrikes and choppers come in too frequently. This would impart a little strategy and risk to it - do you use your airstrike now, or do you think you can get a couple more kills and hold off for the chopper?RebornInFlames
yep, that's a nice one too =) We'd rarely see the higher streak rewards xD!
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#21 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
I am hoping that they bring back vechiles like the tank, jeeps and maybe even a helicopter. >Pugberto3122
No, Call of Duty is about infantry combat, Infinity Ward did vehicles once in Call of Duty United Offensive and then they abandonned it for good reason.
paulokoenigkam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 paulokoenigkam
[QUOTE="Pugberto3122"]I am hoping that they bring back vechiles like the tank, jeeps and maybe even a helicopter. >Toriko42
No, Call of Duty is about infantry combat, Infinity Ward did vehicles once in Call of Duty United Offensive and then they abandonned it for good reason.

Noobs driving the vehicles is the last thing we need. Actually worse than that, are the noobs that get killed over and other by the vehicles, and completly ignore the fact they exist, they don't try to destroy them or avoid them at all. That's why I said AI controlled vehicles :p
Avatar image for Morning_Revival
Morning_Revival

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Morning_Revival
Member since 2008 • 3475 Posts
I just wish it would restart without you having to die.
Morning_Revival

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Morning_Revival
[QUOTE="Toriko42"][QUOTE="Pugberto3122"]I am hoping that they bring back vechiles like the tank, jeeps and maybe even a helicopter. >paulokoenigkam

Noobs driving the vehicles is the last thing we need. Actually worse than that, are the noobs that get killed over and other by the vehicles, and completly ignore the fact they exist, they don't try to destroy them or avoid them at all. That's why I said AI controlled vehicles :p

No, I know whats even worse than that. Halo AI driving the vehicles.
paulokoenigkam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 paulokoenigkam
[QUOTE="paulokoenigkam"][QUOTE="Toriko42"] No, Call of Duty is about infantry combat, Infinity Ward did vehicles once in Call of Duty United Offensive and then they abandonned it for good reason.Morning_Revival

I meant "full AI" driving the vehicles. Think of the enemies driving the vehicles in halo 3, they were effective. Like an AI controlled tank, and you can't get inside =) Just like the heli in COD 4, but now a tank could work like that too.
Morning_Revival

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Morning_Revival
[QUOTE="Morning_Revival"][QUOTE="paulokoenigkam"] Noobs driving the vehicles is the last thing we need. Actually worse than that, are the noobs that get killed over and other by the vehicles, and completly ignore the fact they exist, they don't try to destroy them or avoid them at all. That's why I said AI controlled vehicles :ppaulokoenigkam

I meant "full AI" driving the vehicles. Think of the enemies driving the vehicles in halo 3, they were effective. Like an AI controlled tank, and you can't get inside =) Just like the heli in COD 4, but now a tank could work like that too.

I know, I was poking fun at Halo, lol. But no, they werent effective at all unless tree's are enemies.
Avatar image for _SOULtoSQUEEZE_
_SOULtoSQUEEZE_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 _SOULtoSQUEEZE_
Member since 2007 • 1495 Posts

[QUOTE="paulokoenigkam"][QUOTE="Morning_Revival"] No, I know whats even worse than that. Halo AI driving the vehicles.Morning_Revival

I know, I was poking fun at Halo, lol. But no, they werent effective at all unless tree's are enemies.

haha you're friendly AI in halo 3 were terrible at driving warthogs. maybe theyre all blind?

Avatar image for CrazyGamer02149
CrazyGamer02149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 CrazyGamer02149
Member since 2008 • 216 Posts

good idea but probly wont happen

GwannaSauna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 GwannaSauna
Member since 2008 • 583 Posts

You stole my idea! Seriously though, I posted this same idea on the Call of Duty Headquarters forums! :P

SSBFan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 SSBFan12
Member since 2008 • 11981 Posts

Those are good ideas.

Ghosty42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Ghosty42
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
I heard dat 4 9 kills u get A SNIPER TEAM on the roofs to pick of the enemy
ThatsSimtastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ThatsSimtastic
Member since 2009 • 2054 Posts

25 kills should be like a nuke or A-bomb or something. kills everyone on the opposite team once so you get like +60 automatically. that would be a sweet bonus for getting 25 kills lol

bobert19
No thanks I'd rather have a chance atleast in normal games in cod 4 when you got a map you get about 1 sec to check the rough area where the airstrike is gonna bomb and make a run for it..
Racer850

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#33 Racer850
Member since 2009 • 2293 Posts

I am hoping that they bring back vechiles like the tank, jeeps and maybe even a helicopter. With Call of Duty's formula and an added drop of Battlefield it would make an awesome game. The Call of Duty formula still has a lot of room for improvement though, there were lot of issues in the last installments.

Pugberto3122
Vehicles ruin MP.
ryrulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#34 ryrulez
Member since 2008 • 11605 Posts
[QUOTE="Pugberto3122"]

Racer850
Vehicles ruin MP.

Vehicles won't be in MW2 I'll try to find the link.
CNUrGames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 CNUrGames
Member since 2005 • 1867 Posts
I guess this could play in with the whole kill streak reward selection thing (where there's like 24 options for kill streat rewards including the AC130). Now my thing is, le'ts say you pick the AI tank (because I really like that idea) but you're on a small map that's completely enclosed by walls (let's say shipment from COD4). Does the Tank just drop from the sky and then disappear because it's not going to break down walls to get in there and would take up like a quarter of the map. But that's the perk you selected so you can't get a helicopter or anything like that. I don't know where I was going, just thought of that. Cool ideas though! I like the idea of my reward fighting someone else's
crackerjacknc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 crackerjacknc
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
I would love to see a multiplayer mode comparable to that of Chromehounds. Continually shifting to different areas to help fend off the advancement of the enemy army in another area your army controls. You may lose a battle now and again but its the outcome of the total war that matters.