cod 5 kill cams cheap?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LittleToejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 LittleToejam
Member since 2008 • 510 Posts
why does cod games have a kill cam in it showing you who killed you and how they killed you and where they are. i mean. thats so unrealistic and cheap. so if somone snipes you then you know where they were hiding so you kill them when u spawn.
Ps2stony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 Ps2stony
Member since 2006 • 1888 Posts
Don't camp then.
Childeater10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 Childeater10
Member since 2006 • 3027 Posts
I never felt this way. Only because half the time I watch myself die im just kind of in shock on how bad the kill cam is. Half the deaths don'tt really make sense how you die.
Arby2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Arby2
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

>unrealistic

Last time I checked, Call of Duty wasn't meant to be realistic.

BeyondPain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 BeyondPain
Member since 2008 • 762 Posts

kill cams are good, stops people from finding the one hiding spot on the map and camping.. thereby making it a more exciting game...

FUBAR24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 FUBAR24
Member since 2005 • 12185 Posts
it protects against camping so im all for it
BLBLAKERS10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7 BLBLAKERS10
Member since 2007 • 1280 Posts
What is this CoD5 you speak of?
krp008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 krp008
Member since 2006 • 4341 Posts
I love it and hate it at the same time. Love it because it drives me crazy when i dont know how the hell i died... I hate it because it basically shows that the person that killed you is camping in some window in a Domination game, not caring about the flags, and picking everyone off that walks by, that also drives me crazy
Mearik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Mearik
Member since 2008 • 322 Posts

>unrealistic

Arby2

yyou might want to check your resources, COD is one of the most realistic shooters out there, but all and all it is a game so some elements are placed to make it more casual gamer friendly.

for kill cams, screw regular deathmatch or anything, go hardcore it does not have killcams but bullet damage is raised so you can drop a guy with a single bullet on some guns, its a better experience, if i wanted to drop a clip into a guy and have him turn and kill me id play halo

and if your smart enough you can find where they shot you from without the aid of a killcam

freesafety13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 freesafety13
Member since 2008 • 823 Posts
I hate CoD WoW but CoD4 is great. Like the previous poster said, I hate it when people camp while playing either headquarters or domination instead of helping their team. There is nothing more frustrating when you lead your team in kills and your the only one trying to grab flags. As far as the kill cam goes, I dont care one way or the other, most of the time I play hard core so theres no UAV or Killcam
a55a55inx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#11 a55a55inx
Member since 2004 • 4188 Posts
haven't played cod5, but if it's anything like cod4, then there should be a hardcore mode...hardcore mode is more realistic.
BLBLAKERS10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 BLBLAKERS10

If you think CoD is realistic then you must live your life in a video game.. Just because it has nice graphics and real guns does not mean realistic..

How could a game with perks be realistic lmao. Yea thats realistic!

BLBLAKERS10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 BLBLAKERS10
haven't played cod5, but if it's anything like cod4, then there should be a hardcore mode...hardcore mode is more realistic.a55a55inx
Sorry dude but pretty much nothing is realistic about CoD online.. Getting shot 2 times in the leg and being dead is not realistic, its just dumb, and hardcore pretty much is who sees who first.
hooded1man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 hooded1man
Member since 2004 • 1099 Posts
Play Hardcore mode? Theres no kill cams in it, and its a lot more fun in the first place ;).
Avatar image for deactivated-586291ff5899b
deactivated-586291ff5899b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-586291ff5899b
Member since 2008 • 1261 Posts
hooded1man nailed it - play the hardcore modes when you unlock them at lvl 18 - they are more fun, no kill cams - only thing I hate is there is as much as 15 seconds before you respawn, sometimes it's right away, but overall it's way better than the regular modes - bullets do more damage so no real need for stopping power and juggernaut is less effective as well. Tanks are still tough to take down, which can suck at times.
Dredg11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Dredg11
Member since 2008 • 1266 Posts

why does cod games have a kill cam in it showing you who killed you and how they killed you and where they are. i mean. thats so unrealistic and cheap. so if somone snipes you then you know where they were hiding so you kill them when u spawn. LittleToejam

There's a couple things about this:

1. If you play hardcore mode, there's no killcam. Problem solved.

2. Personally, I find this to work to my advantage. I've been playing COD 4 and WaW for a long time. I served as a beta tester for both. Anyways, I've gotten to the point, that when I kill someone, I KNOW they're gonna come right back at me when they respawn. Or go right back to the spot where I killed them, just for me to kill them again.

When you've played COD for a long time, like any other shooter, you start to learn people's tendencies. I'm sure we all know some spots where you can throw a grenade and almost always kill someone. Just because you know 9 times out of 10, someone is there.

But yeah...if you don't like the killcam, Hardcore mode is your friend. Although there's a little more camping in hardcore, because people don't just use the map and chase the orange dots. Regular Team Deathmatch is basically run and gun. Makes it really easy when you're a smart, stop and pop style player like myself.

OfficialBed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 OfficialBed
Member since 2005 • 17668 Posts
people shouldn't camp then....it ruins the game
Dredg11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Dredg11
Member since 2008 • 1266 Posts

people shouldn't camp then....it ruins the gameOfficialBed

People also shouldn't be douches on Xbox Live. Look how that goes.

mohfrontline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#19 mohfrontline
Member since 2007 • 5678 Posts
I never felt this way. Only because half the time I watch myself die im just kind of in shock on how bad the kill cam is. Half the deaths don'tt really make sense how you die.Childeater10
kind of agree. There's a lot of BS in COD4, and like you said, most of my killcams don't answer the question of how I died. Example: I knife a guy in the face, it does nothing. Then he knifes me and I die. In the killcam it just shows him knife me, and I'm just kind of standing there doing nothing. I guess it's lag, but come on.
CityOfShips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 CityOfShips
Member since 2008 • 654 Posts

What is this CoD5 you speak of?BLBLAKERS10

Thank you!

Its CoD:WaW.

Dawq902

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#21 Dawq902
Member since 2007 • 6796 Posts
kill cams are cool for that matter but when your sniping it is pretty cheap. You pretty much have to change location after every sniper kill in CoD:WaW and CoD4.
djrobst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 djrobst
Member since 2007 • 2404 Posts
[QUOTE="Mearik"][QUOTE="Arby2"]

>unrealistic

yyou might want to check your resources, COD is one of the most realistic shooters out there, but all and all it is a game so some elements are placed to make it more casual gamer friendly.

for kill cams, screw regular deathmatch or anything, go hardcore it does not have killcams but bullet damage is raised so you can drop a guy with a single bullet on some guns, its a better experience, if i wanted to drop a clip into a guy and have him turn and kill me id play halo

and if your smart enough you can find where they shot you from without the aid of a killcam

its a run and gun. some parts are realistic but overall they have made fun the priority over realism. after all if you were really in a war would you run out all over the place just killing people for fun without protecting yourself etc. awsome game cod5 and cod4. but its not as realistic as you would think. something like rainbow six las vegas comes alot closer to shooting combat in terms of realism. but cod tends to win the war online because its much more fun and easily accessible for people to play. i think you should play hardcore like these guys are suggesting and it will solve your problem.
Zach68486

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#23 Zach68486
Member since 2008 • 884 Posts
Then don't camp.
Maskedboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Maskedboy
Member since 2007 • 379 Posts

I love kill cams cause they are just plain out funny to watch if your just goofing off. Although they do give away good spots where your hiding.

hobo290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 hobo290
Member since 2007 • 408 Posts
[QUOTE="Mearik"][QUOTE="Arby2"]

>unrealistic

CoD in over-all is NOT REALISTIC! Golden Eye for N64 is more realistic than that thrash.
Conroi58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Conroi58
Member since 2006 • 929 Posts
What is this CoD5 you speak of?BLBLAKERS10
Shut up, everyone knows what he is talking about. I know it's not technically COD5 but COD4 isn't technically 4.
Mr_Dunce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Mr_Dunce
Member since 2006 • 280 Posts

I never felt this way. Only because half the time I watch myself die im just kind of in shock on how bad the kill cam is. Half the deaths don'tt really make sense how you die.Childeater10

i agree, ive only played the demo so not sure if it got improved but alot of the time i would get into a fight get a couple of shots off and die yet the kill cam shows me doin nothing while being shot at

fudgiebrown1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 fudgiebrown1
Member since 2007 • 200 Posts
The only time I don't like it is if I'm trying to snipe. I try to hide myself the best I can and then just end up dying because some guy figured out where I was by watching the kill cam.
DaveDude57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#29 DaveDude57
Member since 2008 • 1304 Posts
Play hardcore then.
ChrisCullenInc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ChrisCullenInc
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Yea, I dont really mind killcams cos ac least I know ehere I get killed from. Been playing hardcore recently-Fun! so easy to get kills, but the spawning can be bad. My thought is: why can't I just be spawned somewhere AWAY from an enemy who watches me spawn in front of him and gunns me down. Sometimes you can't even get off your spawn point before being shot- it just hardly happens in core, but I like how powerful guns are in hardcore. It wouldn't be so bad if there was not any spawn timer... I never really knew why hardcore TDM needs spawn timer, or maybe just have a short one like the time a killcam lasts. Someone correct me if I am wrong.
ShOtZzZzZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ShOtZzZzZ
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Ive always hated the killcam to especially if i find a cool spot in some bushes to hide and just kill people when they run past me it is a real bummer.
craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts
For the people suggesting playing hardcore that's not always a good choice. I played COD4 a lot on hardcore and i can't tell you how many times my teammates killed me,shot my claymore to place theirs killing both of us,teammate using matrydom,throwing grenades and missing killing me,and killing me for my weapon.. I too dislike the killcam but it doesn't really matter. I move from place to place so they more than likely wont find me.
NOD_Grindking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 NOD_Grindking
Member since 2004 • 2778 Posts

[QUOTE="BLBLAKERS10"]What is this CoD5 you speak of?CityOfShips

Thank you!

are people REALLY still doing this, I mean really...
cyberspider2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#34 cyberspider2
Member since 2008 • 344 Posts
It just shows you the killers strategy and tells you to watch out for it.
SouL-Tak3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#35 SouL-Tak3R
Member since 2005 • 4024 Posts
Protects against camping, if not just play hardcore.
coolgamer6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#36 coolgamer6
Member since 2006 • 5335 Posts
if you dont like it then play hardcore
Avatar image for insane_metalist
insane_metalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#37 insane_metalist
Member since 2006 • 7797 Posts
Play hardcore mode.
Travis_Odell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Travis_Odell
Member since 2008 • 1775 Posts
[QUOTE="a55a55inx"]haven't played cod5, but if it's anything like cod4, then there should be a hardcore mode...hardcore mode is more realistic.BLBLAKERS10
Sorry dude but pretty much nothing is realistic about CoD online.. Getting shot 2 times in the leg and being dead is not realistic, its just dumb, and hardcore pretty much is who sees who first.

In a real war isnt it who sees who first? lol im not with the whole "call of duty is realistic" but damn give the game a break and play hardcore.
ISargin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#39 ISargin
Member since 2008 • 140 Posts

well. two things you could do.

1. Never Camp

2. Play hardcore. it lacks a kill cam

wikkiwild1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#40 wikkiwild1
Member since 2005 • 188 Posts
Play Hardcore then, no camera's.
GwannaSauna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 GwannaSauna
Member since 2008 • 583 Posts
Not only that, but Killcams were also intended for catching hackers and cheaters, which it is very good at.
boltzcom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 boltzcom
Member since 2007 • 188 Posts

So the kill cam does suck at times when you find the perfect spot or whatever...but as everyone has pretty much said, that's why they make hardcore, so go learn to play that.

Meanwhile, it's helped the video game be a video game...you can have as much realism as you want but in the game you need some different tastes of unrealism. So enjoy it when it's available or play hardcore and don't complain about it.

2pac_makaveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 2pac_makaveli
Member since 2008 • 1681 Posts
isnt there a hardcore team deathmatch? like on cod4, more realistic and no kill cam. alsocampin is for unskilled players
violent_spinal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 violent_spinal
Member since 2007 • 1734 Posts
I'm all for the kill cams.
If don't know how I died...well, I'd like to know.:D

And, if you're sniping in one spot, you're doing it wrong.
I personally don't snipe in any game, and even I know that.
Will82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#45 Will82
Member since 2003 • 256 Posts

[QUOTE="BLBLAKERS10"]What is this CoD5 you speak of?Conroi58
Shut up, everyone knows what he is talking about. I know it's not technically COD5 but COD4 isn't technically 4.

how is COD4 technically not 4? It actually says Call of Duty 4 on the box. No where does it say 5 on the new game. can we get anymore technical?

CardiacKid07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 CardiacKid07
Member since 2007 • 1225 Posts
i like it because if i get killed and i think it was BS then i watch the kill cam and find out whether it was or wasnt BS.
Avatar image for Morning_Revival
Morning_Revival

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Morning_Revival
Member since 2008 • 3475 Posts
If they didnt, then everyone would camp. Play HxC modes if you dont like it.
nate_c-12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 nate_c-12
Member since 2008 • 3072 Posts

[QUOTE="BLBLAKERS10"]What is this CoD5 you speak of?CityOfShips

Thank you!

this, btw thats why i play hardcore mode
seajag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 seajag
Member since 2007 • 83 Posts

[QUOTE="BLBLAKERS10"]What is this CoD5 you speak of?Conroi58

Wrong. CoD WaW is not CoD5, but CoD4 is technically 4. The reason, it has the 4 in the name thus it is CoD4.