COD 4 or Gears of War 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CrysisHeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 CrysisHeir
Member since 2008 • 160 Posts

Due to a sale, the COD4 GOTY edition is $40 and Gears of War 2 is also $40, but which provides more entertainment (on and offline)?
Also whats the difference between the regular COD4 and the GOTY edition? I've always been a fan of FPS games even though i was never pro at them, just average.

Also the sale includes Prince of Persia ($20), Bournce Conspiracy ($20), Too Human and Fracture ($10 each), Mass Effect ($10), Spiderman 3 ($10) - are any of these definitely worth the price/ are fun?

Thanks in advance

STARXWOLF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 STARXWOLF
Member since 2009 • 758 Posts

both games are really good.

MFDABADKID

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MFDABADKID
Member since 2007 • 1144 Posts

online gears 2 does not match cod4

noobbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#4 noobbreaker
Member since 2007 • 105 Posts

online gears 2 does not match cod4

MFDABADKID

i don't agree the Horde was so addicting and brought untold joy to me.... i vote Gears!! if u like online P vs E Gears easy very easy

noobbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#5 noobbreaker
Member since 2007 • 105 Posts

Due to a sale, the COD4 GOTY edition is $40 and Gears of War 2 is also $40, but which provides more entertainment (on and offline)?
Also whats the difference between the regular COD4 and the GOTY edition? I've always been a fan of FPS games even though i was never pro at them, just average.

Also the sale includes Prince of Persia ($20), Bournce Conspiracy ($20), Too Human and Fracture ($10 each), Mass Effect ($10), Spiderman 3 ($10) - are any of these definitely worth the price/ are fun?

Thanks in advance

CrysisHeir

Mass effect is one of the greatest game ever you would be best served to buy mass effect and save 30 no game up there really compares imo

InjuredStraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 InjuredStraw
Member since 2009 • 151 Posts

I loved the Gears 2 campaign, especially playing co-op with my friends. But, CoD4 online is just too fun so I would go for CoD4.

spencer_119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 spencer_119
Member since 2004 • 1027 Posts

I love both games if u like playing online then you will have to go with cod 4

EgoAttacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 EgoAttacker
Member since 2009 • 93 Posts
Honestly, COD4 is a much better game. Gears 2 is a highly entertaining game but fails to make a good multiplayer experience, although some people would argue otherwise. The campaign is spectacular, although not quite as good as the first one. I own both, and COD4 is better. Although the Gears 2 campaign is more fun, the amazing multiplayer of COD 4 more than makes up with that. Perhaps having the best multiplayer of any game on a console. I was playing gears 2 until about 2 months after it came out. I have owned COD4 since it came out and am still playing it now. Enough said.
imlolmon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 imlolmon
Member since 2009 • 503 Posts

i think gears 2 is much better and is its own experience hate it or love it, i personally LOVE it and still today am playing it online.. imo cod4 is similar to every other fps and i know you arent me but ive played so many fps's that now they're just average games.. gow2 is much better, some people dont like the multiplayer, and i have no idea why.. my guess is they cant get 2 kills and they drop the controller and say it sucks

Hickamie14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 Hickamie14
Member since 2007 • 1652 Posts

I would get Gears of war 2 because MW2 comes out in just a couple of months. Also, if you get CoD4 now you're just going to end up playing against people who are way better than you making the game no fun.

Souwoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Souwoo
Member since 2009 • 34 Posts
COD 4 is good, but I really enjoyed GOW2. It's one of my favorite games on the 360.
Alex_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 Alex_4
Member since 2008 • 131 Posts

go with gear of war 2 not saying its a better game but has more game modes than cod4 like horde is fun but i die all the time

InjuredStraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 InjuredStraw
Member since 2009 • 151 Posts

I would get Gears of war 2 because MW2 comes out in just a couple of months. Also, if you get CoD4 now you're just going to end up playing against people who are way better than you making the game no fun.

Hickamie14

it's more like 5 months :P

That's plenty of time to get into CoD4.

omg_epic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 omg_epic
Member since 2009 • 26 Posts
COD 4
CrysisHeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 CrysisHeir
Member since 2008 • 160 Posts

Lol so mixed opinions o.O

I still can't decide though - i dont have online yet, but im planning on getting it sometime in July.

And does anyone know the difference between COD4 and COD4 GOTY?

Dolacide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 Dolacide
Member since 2006 • 1758 Posts

Too human for $10 bucks is a deal.

Where are these sales happening, and when do they end?

HiTmAnx84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 HiTmAnx84
Member since 2008 • 29 Posts

[QUOTE="CrysisHeir"]

Thanks in advance

noobbreaker

Mass effect is one of the greatest game ever you would be best served to buy mass effect and save 30 no game up there really compares imo

Mass Effect blows

explosivecorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 explosivecorn
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
cod 4 waaaayyyy better multiplayer
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#19 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts

Thanks in advance

CrysisHeir

your sig is ****** amazing, so good

Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts

i cant really compare the two because they are completely diff to me and cod is an fps but what i can say is you cant go wrong both are really good have really good sp and mp so flip a coin or something.

xJuice_Boxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 xJuice_Boxx
Member since 2008 • 244 Posts

I would have to go with COD. granted i dont own it i only rented it and played through the single player but i do own gears 2 and it wasnt what i expected. i didnt really like the online as much as i could have and from what i hear and by playing COD WaW online there multiplayer is awsome. gears is pretty good but not as good as it could have been imo.

zombehhhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#22 zombehhhh
Member since 2008 • 246 Posts

Personally, I would say Gears of War 2. If you're looking for awesome singleplayer, go for COD4. Gears is cool but not as epic. I just think that COD4 is overrated, especially the multiplayer.

tancred8120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#23 tancred8120
Member since 2007 • 7937 Posts
First of all lets just clear that Mass Effect for $10 is one of the best deals you'll ever get. As for CoD4 or Gears... CoD4 is better for me, but you might want to just wait for Modern Warfare 2. Gears 2 is also excellent though, but online is short lived unless oyu have friends to play with
TraXxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 TraXxX
Member since 2006 • 1820 Posts

COD4

scarymovie5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#25 scarymovie5
Member since 2007 • 1691 Posts
You can't go wrong either way.
Hawkeye1691

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Hawkeye1691
Member since 2009 • 97 Posts

That's like comparing apples to carrots. >_>

KA12NAG3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 KA12NAG3
Member since 2008 • 662 Posts

Thanks in advance

CrysisHeir

Gears of War 2 is better offline, but COD 4 is slightly better than Gears 2 online. Overall, I think you should go with Gears of War 2. Also, you should definitely get Mass Effect. The Bourne Conspiracy is also fun, but won't last that long. I also heard that Prince of Persia is good, but I don't think it will last all that long either.

Overall, you should get Gears 2 over COD 4, but you'll be happy either way. You also need to get Mass Effect, which is an awesome deal at $10. The Bourne Conspiracy and Prince of Persia are both up to you though, and there's a 50/50 chance that you'll be happy with them.

Also, I think it would be a better idea for you to get Gears 2 because you can just get Modern Warfare 2 later when it comes out.

KA12NAG3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 KA12NAG3
Member since 2008 • 662 Posts

Thanks in advance

CrysisHeir

And you have the best sig ever. Where did you get it?

RendFou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 RendFou
Member since 2009 • 362 Posts

Multiplayer wise Cod4, campaign wise Gears 2. Overall I'd take Gears 2 simply because I love the campaign enough to make up for the less impressive but still fun multiplayer.

KillaGangstaIV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 KillaGangstaIV
Member since 2008 • 56 Posts

If you have many freinds to play co-op with Gears is the best bet because Gears has co-op campaing and live. If you will be playing alone on your system then both will work out just as good for your needs. Over all I would purchase Gears of War 2 because of the amazing campaing and live that is just as good as Call of Duty's. Always remember Modern Warfare 2 comes out 11/10/09

Zanitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Zanitor
Member since 2009 • 222 Posts

Full out CoD4 for me, GoW2 brung me no satifcation really, but CoD4, I have so many hours in.

jteeuwen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 jteeuwen
Member since 2008 • 33 Posts

dont forget about cod:waw! in my eyes, all 3 are a must have.

gamesock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 gamesock
Member since 2009 • 507 Posts
COD4 is more realistic.
damaster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 damaster101
Member since 2005 • 1476 Posts

I have way more fun with Gears 2 online the only problem is the matchmaking can be a damn pain at times but its not always bad.If your playing with a full party of friends it is very good fun you usually find each game within seconds and it also has Horde which is awesome.Another thing well COD MW2 is going to be out this year.

I don't know i enjoy Gears way more just do what ever you reckons best.

btaylor2404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#35 btaylor2404
Member since 2003 • 11353 Posts
I'm not really fond of the gears games, so I'd go with COD.
masterclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 masterclone
Member since 2003 • 217 Posts

To the OP, I would get COD 4 before Gears 2, Sure Gears 2 is fun and good singleplayer/co-op game in storymode but COD blows it away online. Also get Mass Effect out of those game you listed, for 10$ you get a great Shooter/RPG , one of the best game this gen so far :)

SEANSEXYUNDIES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#37 SEANSEXYUNDIES
Member since 2008 • 1489 Posts

i think gears 2 is much better and is its own experience hate it or love it, i personally LOVE it and still today am playing it online.. imo cod4 is similar to every other fps and i know you arent me but ive played so many fps's that now they're just average games.. gow2 is much better, some people dont like the multiplayer, and i have no idea why.. my guess is they cant get 2 kills and they drop the controller and say it sucks

imlolmon

Agree with the last part of your sentence.

Deviant_Stain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Deviant_Stain
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
COD4's multiplayer is better IMO
SEANSEXYUNDIES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#39 SEANSEXYUNDIES
Member since 2008 • 1489 Posts

COD4's multiplayer is better IMODeviant_Stain

why because your high level so you have access to better weapons and perks then a lower level so you can just rape them?

cause that is what cod comes down to.

oh and luck

R_MAHIL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#40 R_MAHIL
Member since 2008 • 1120 Posts
online cod 4 > gears 2 offline gears 2 > cod 4 but cod 4 was still pretty good offline just not as good as gears imo. i would get cod.
OfficialBed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 OfficialBed
Member since 2005 • 17668 Posts

Gears of War 2!