Civ.Rev or BF:BC demo?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

brad52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 brad52
Member since 2004 • 269 Posts
Which one was better in your opinion? I only want to DL one since they take a long time to DL?
Makari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Makari
Member since 2003 • 15250 Posts
do you like civilization games at all? turn-based strategy? if you would hate a game of that style in the first place, something like civ would be a bad idea.. but i loved the demo, so yea :D
sallyboy233

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 sallyboy233
Member since 2004 • 106 Posts

Initially i was turned off by the control layout of bf:bc but after a while i got comfortable with it (with the exeption of the sprint button). Your squads and the enemy's ai is pretty crappy tho. Online its alot of fun but its so laggy but thats no surprise bf games always start of buggy. a patch or 2 should fix it

Avatar image for torontomapleafs
torontomapleafs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 torontomapleafs
Member since 2006 • 2019 Posts

I would go with BF:BC demo as it has online and offline play.

HavenlyHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 HavenlyHunter
Member since 2008 • 392 Posts
Which one was better in your opinion? I only want to DL one since they take a long time to DL?brad52

BF:BC is beter becose of the multiplayer but the singelplay is short :(
Civ.Rev is one level that you can play 60 min and then the demo stop ***** i was just on the way to destroy other Civs and then the demo stop :cry:
shadowkiller11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#6 shadowkiller11
Member since 2008 • 7956 Posts
depends on the genre you like, i don't like turn-based games so i'm not downloading it
martialbullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 martialbullet
Member since 2006 • 10948 Posts

Ninja Gaiden 2 demo :D

The download was pretty fast as well.

PunisherLD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 PunisherLD
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

Okay... let me offer this opinion. Maybe I'm being a little hard on BF:BC, but I'm very disappointed. I can't believe that I've been waiting over a year to play this abomination! I am going to Gamestop today and cancelling my reserved copy and putting the money toward Unreal Tournament 3 in hopes that some f-tard didn't jack up the formula to that franchise as well.

BF2MC was a great game, not perfect, but fun. Sure it had its share of problems (like the ability to glitch into walls, the poor voice communication system and the good chance that you'll play Backstab and Bridge Too Far a million times in a row without seeing another map), but the problems on BF2MC just had a few minor things that needed to be cleaned up. The whole gameplay formula didn't need to be changed. For example, the vehicles all handled very well, each weapons kit in the game was extremely effective, you could parachute from high elevations to get across the map faster and take vantage points and you had the ability to go prone. It included a fun arcade element along with strategies that required some pretty good improvising (IE. Loading up 3 C4s on a jeep to ghost ride it into a tank that is pounding your team). All DICE had to do was fix a couple of the problems, add a new feature or two and create 15 new maps. I would have bought that package in a second!

BF:BC has done to the Battlefield franchise as Joel Schoemacher had done to the Batman movie franchise. It tweeked the basic gameplay formula (which didn't need to be tweeked) and tried to jam too many things into one game. I like having new features, however do them right. The gameplay in BFBC sucks. The vehicles handle like crap. You are limited in the ability to take the same vantage points as you did in BF2MC, and though there are more guns.... most of them have the exact same statistics (they just look different... its like, "Hey, I'm going to give you 100 cars to choose from, only they are all Hyundai Excels... but they come in different colors... OOOOHHHH!").

The only good thing about BFBC is the destructive environment. Much like communism, it looked great on paper but was poor in execution. So in summary, I can knock down trees and walls while driving a vehicle that handles horribly in a pathetic game. If you want to waste your money on something slightly better, go rent Freddy Got Fingered from Blockbuster. That bomb of a movie isn't half the abortion of a production as Bad Company.

Bullet_Holes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Bullet_Holes
Member since 2006 • 1330 Posts

I would go with BF:BC demo as it has online and offline play.

torontomapleafs

Civilization Revolution ALSO has online and offline play. When someone is wondering which demo is better, why would you bother posting a suggestion when you have clearly only played one of them.

fox-21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 fox-21
Member since 2008 • 224 Posts
what do you mean slow download? download the civ demo, then the battlefield demo. the battlefield one will download as you play the civ demo. thats what i did
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#11 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Havnt played the Civ demo, but the Battlefield beta and demo where complete trash and the worst shooter on the 360 hands down. Up there with Two Worlds as the worst game on the 360.

I own all the civ games on PC (1-4) though, and no game can be worse then two worlds or this new battlefield game.

spartan----117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 spartan----117
Member since 2006 • 5255 Posts

Havnt played the Civ demo, but the Battlefield beta and demo where complete trash and the worst shooter on the 360 hands down. Up there with Two Worlds as the worst game on the 360.

I own all the civ games on PC (1-4) though, and no game can be worse then two worlds or this new battlefield game.

kozzy1234

That sounds awfully biased...

RagdollMan98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 RagdollMan98
Member since 2007 • 131 Posts
Civilations: Revoltions.
gamerkingg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 gamerkingg
Member since 2006 • 423 Posts
If you have a enoguh space for two games dl the you want to play more and dl the other while you play the first one or just leave in on over night...
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#15 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts
[QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

spartan----117

That sounds awfully biased...

I played the beta and demo for battlefield and i hated it, not beign biased, just hated it, its a terrible game from what ive played.

I also said that i havnt tried the civ demo, so for all i know the civ demo would be a better bet, as i dont think many games can be worse then battlefield. I am a huge fan of the battlefield series, but i hate this new one, its complete trash imo.

Basically just saying that ive never played a demo or beta as bad as this battlefield one, ever. So the odds are pretty good that id enjoy the civ demo more or hate it less then the battlefield one, because out of thousnads of demos ive played over hte years (on pc and 360), that battlefield one is the worst.

Just my personal opinion

chaoz-king

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 chaoz-king
Member since 2005 • 5956 Posts
I have both. BF:BC has me playing longer though. And people in the Civ.Rev online suck.
porky_ownsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 porky_ownsu
Member since 2008 • 1287 Posts
just dl both...
fathertroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 fathertroy
Member since 2006 • 1309 Posts
I only played civ:rev and i thought it was good, probably be pickit it up when it goes in stores.... i still need to try bf:bc though
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#19 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts

ima dl both eventually, but i did BF:BC first, the one thing i have to sya about weird controller layouts is using the left trigger to accelerate...wtf?

w4rgasm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#20 w4rgasm
Member since 2005 • 1253 Posts
Civilizations. Definitely.