Choosing between Mass Effect or Assassins Creed

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jblaze56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 jblaze56
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Wella lot of people usually have this problem i did. Its a very very hard choice, because both games are really good games in action and graphics.

Mass Effect

Pros:Long Game (Kinda) about 30 hours if u do all the side quests ( which are really fun.), wat makes it long is the side quests but the main story is a really good one too cause u get to make a choice between Renagde and Paragon (evil-Renagde or good-Paragon). You can also choose wat u want to say that will decide wat your future is. There is a lot of systems to explore and when u get on one of the systems there are planets to explore. Now u can explore the planet and get side quests. So its a really really really big game and they all look great while they are at it. There are also many classes with all different skills and specialities to choose from and with that class comes its weapon choice as well. The solider has all the weapon to its disposal, and so forth.

Cons:Sometimes the map loads up really wierd. Like its goes from really looking real and everything and then u load at the beginning and then everything goes back to computer made things with all the undeatailed stuff. But its only for a short time. Also Mass Effect did a really horriable job on the auto-saves. I mean come on, on the planet full of snow you run into like half way thorugh and then u die and you just go back to almost the beginning its very frustrating. So you need to save alot manually. But in battles you cant save and then you die and you go all the way back. Well everything else is perfect or close to perfect.

Assassins Creed

Pros: Its really fun counterattacking people. The cities are really big and you can explore everywhere. I mean everywhere, when u think u cant get up there.. well think again there is always a way to get up there either by jumping, wall climbing, or anything else. The way u can blend in or stand out is awesome too.The graphics are really nice to look at and everything. Also the history on this is really accurate this was an actual event but messed with a little. The hiding from guards are also pretty good and how u do everything in hiding and killing is really fun.

Cons: This game is very short, and when they say u can choose when u assassins a important person they are dead WRONG. You are only given a specific time and place to assassinate the person. Also its really repetitive how to get to assassinate the person and assassinating them. First step is always pickpocketing or something, Second beat the crap out of people for info and **** and listen to peoples conversations, and third the assassination. The killing is always repetitive after a while cause u do the same thing almost everytime.Also the guards come at u one at a time like they put their names in a hat to see who goes first, second, third and so on. This game gets boring after a while.

The Choice you should make is Mass Effect cause its a better games besides a few minor graphic probs and the auto saves. Its a hell of a lot longer and less repetitive. Their are good side quests to do. And you can choose your way unlike wat assassins creed says it could do but cant. There are also classes and many other cool stuff in Mass Effect. Some people might disagree with me on this and i respect your thoughts but to me mass effects is a way better choice for a buy. Assassins Creed is a rent thoguh cause its so short and repetitive.

deadFalling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 deadFalling
Member since 2007 • 769 Posts
omg way too freekin long of a post. Anyways i didnt read it, ill just tell u to get ME
goallie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 goallie
Member since 2005 • 825 Posts
Uhm, thanks?
masori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 masori
Member since 2005 • 1680 Posts
Mass Effect Assassins Creed is fun but too short
heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts
Mass Effect. Or just get both. I don't have a problem with either game, I just like Mass Effect better. I'm on my 4th playthrough.
donnielean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 donnielean
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

Definatly Assassin's Creed it is an overall better game with the freedom to roam everwhere;In Mass Effect you stick to a the game plot and you're bond by it.... Don't get me wrong Mass Efeec is a great game but Assassin's Creed is better. I think you should by both.

flying_ramen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 flying_ramen
Member since 2006 • 602 Posts
I chose mass effect. great game, alot like knights of the old republic.
Expo_Smacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#8 Expo_Smacko
Member since 2007 • 2332 Posts

If you want a good gaming experience than go for Mass Effect. If you want a crappy repetitive gameplay, than go for Assassins Creed.

Assassins Creed is a very bad game in my opinion. Who seriously wants to do the same things over and over? Go search high buildings to see your surroundings, investigate, beat people up, assassinate your target. WOW! The only thing that changes are the citys and the people you have to kill in the end. Big deal? Side the fact you go back to the same city's anyway.

Horribly hyped game.

NasRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 NasRex
Member since 2007 • 1117 Posts
AssAssIn's Creed has zero replay value,my copy is collecting dust right now i'll trade it soon before it's trade value goes down. Mass effect is just one of thse game that you will be playing for weeks and hopefully DLC coming soon too.So yea get Mass Effect.
REforever101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 REforever101
Member since 2005 • 11223 Posts

mass effect by a long shot. i got both games 3 days ago

im 2 hours into AC....im more then 12 hours into ME

ME is much better, imo. i just cant stop playing it

Avatar image for MassEfectivator
MassEfectivator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 MassEfectivator
Member since 2007 • 471 Posts

Well lets see.....Mass Effect is only fun because of the massiveness of it and the story and the graphics and the quests, but the gameplay is EXTREMELY boring. Assassins Creed had story, Massiveness, graphics, but I admit investigations are kinda boring.

Assassins Creed seems more like an actual game, and Mass Effect seems like a suped up 20 questions game with boring gameplay IMO so I'd recommend Assassin's Creed

g-rash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 g-rash
Member since 2003 • 3128 Posts
For an rpg, Mass Effect has the best gameplay and combat to date. This is not gears of war.
acidic_dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 acidic_dude
Member since 2003 • 1713 Posts
dude get mass effect, it is so freaking awesome, assassins creed was awesome until I realized I was doing the same damn things over and over and over about 2-3 hours in, haven touched it for a couple weeks now.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#14 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts
Mass Effect > Assasins Creed
rainbowsix11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#15 rainbowsix11
Member since 2007 • 87 Posts
I say rent assassins creed because it's really short then buy ME.
Avatar image for MassEfectivator
MassEfectivator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 MassEfectivator
Member since 2007 • 471 Posts

[QUOTE="g-rash"]For an rpg, Mass Effect has the best gameplay and combat to date. This is not gears of war.[/QUOTE

]IMO, Oblivion has funner combat (slash, slash spin,magicftw) And ME promised a nice mix of action and rpg(shoot boringly, shoot sorry version of force push ftl). I saw RPG mainly with little action. The coolest thing I ever saw was a teammate getting a head shot at a crawling opponent.

Peter_Cheek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#17 Peter_Cheek
Member since 2007 • 640 Posts
For what it is worth and I'm shore it's not much.I like Assassins Creed more than Mass Effect but they both are really good but nether are great.
Avatar image for sleepisawesome2
sleepisawesome2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#18 sleepisawesome2
Member since 2005 • 1367 Posts

assasins creed>mass effect mass efffects main story is short and the side quests are boringi mean me was good but not great but assasins creed is so open i havent gotten bored yet but i could see people getting bored of it

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 kozzy1234

assasins creed>mass effect mass efffects main story is short and the side quests are boringi mean me was good but not great but assasins creed is so open i havent gotten bored yet but i could see people getting bored of it

sleepisawesome2

37 hours is short? haha riiiight

NasRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 NasRex
Member since 2007 • 1117 Posts

sleepisawesome2

WTF? really...have you even played Mass Effect,i know ME's side quests are bad but its alot better than saving 100 citizens, climbing 70+ view points, pickpocketing 40 people. beating up 20 people, killing 60 templar and collecting hundreds of flags.

damned_beast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 83

#21 damned_beast
Member since 2005 • 4393 Posts
They are both good games. But i would say Mass Effect. Its a over all better game.
rawr2171

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 rawr2171
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
mass effect for sure assassins creed is a one time game i recomend renting it you wont play it ever again after you beat it mass effect is so much better
yentar480

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 yentar480
Member since 2007 • 5066 Posts

mass effect

ghettofab45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ghettofab45
Member since 2004 • 330 Posts
I have the same problem. I'm deciding between getting R:FoM or Mass Effect. Just bought Unreal for ps3 and it was terrible. I have 2 games for ps3 (uncharted and folklore) and I need some good games but I also know there are none besides probably ratchet and R:FoM. I already have enough shooters as it is for 360. Could someone please help in deciding? p.s. im using a ps3 to type this
Avatar image for CorporateHammer
CorporateHammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25 CorporateHammer
Member since 2007 • 992 Posts
Mass Effect
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 kozzy1234

I have the same problem. I'm deciding between getting R:FoM or Mass Effect. Just bought Unreal for ps3 and it was terrible. I have 2 games for ps3 (uncharted and folklore) and I need some good games but I also know there are none besides probably ratchet and R:FoM. I already have enough shooters as it is for 360. Could someone please help in deciding? p.s. im using a ps3 to type this ghettofab45

get mass effect its much better then resistance

leonjuretic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 leonjuretic
Member since 2005 • 271 Posts
Mass effect i don't see what the problem is with textures at all also the save system is just as it should be, i though there only was auto-saves when i bought it with all the bashing its been getting...aren't we getting a bit too spoiled...if a pc game had such things it wouldn't even be spoken of
Fhiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#28 Fhiz
Member since 2004 • 7718 Posts
I'm gonna go and say Mass Effect. I haven't played AC yet, but I'm LOVING mass effect
NeverdyWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 NeverdyWilson
Member since 2004 • 397 Posts

get mass effect

Warlord20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#30 Warlord20
Member since 2006 • 2855 Posts

Get both...just get one now and the other later. If you cant choose which one to get first then do a poll and let it run for a few days and see which one wins and buy that one first. :)

david60639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 david60639
Member since 2005 • 6951 Posts
Buy ME, Rent AC.
Dilan120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points