Carackdown ending...WTF? (Uber Spoilers)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BabyAlf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 BabyAlf
Member since 2006 • 571 Posts
I rented crackdown last night and ive now finished it (Great game besides being very short). I had watched the ending...You were the bad-guy the whole time? 360 manages to pull off a crap ending for yet another great game. I felt the same with the ending of saints row.
hockeyruler12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 hockeyruler12
Member since 2005 • 8114 Posts

no, the agency were the bad guys

your character didnt know any difference, he was tricked

skinnypete91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 skinnypete91
Member since 2006 • 6022 Posts
yeah... kinda stupid ending...
waz360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 waz360
Member since 2006 • 96 Posts
Surely the story isn't completely over if theres a download coming out for crackdown in the near furture?
therapyhiccup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 therapyhiccup
Member since 2005 • 1800 Posts
maybe "step two" involves us fighting the agency
BabyAlf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 BabyAlf
Then whos gonna be the local law enforcement? GRAH! 360 has once again confuzeled me(Saints row ending)
Creeper86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Creeper86
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
the saints row ending was a great ending,well atleast i thought it was. and im really looking forward to whatever they decide to do with crackdown...
jmartinez1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 jmartinez1983
Member since 2006 • 3949 Posts
I rented crackdown last night and ive now finished it (Great game besides being very short). I had watched the ending...You were the bad-guy the whole time? 360 manages to pull off a crap ending for yet another great game. I felt the same with the ending of saints row.BabyAlf

no, the agency were the bad guys

your character didnt know any difference, he was tricked

hockeyruler12
I predicted the ending long before I finished the game. It all ties into the well established historical fact (not really a fact, but I can't find a better word) that people will easily give up freedom and liberty for increased security. Regardless, the story didn't matter and the "surprise" ending means basically nothing because of that. There's no shock, no importance or anything. Oh well, I don't really care, I'm still just having fun finding orbs.
Trickshot771

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Trickshot771
Member since 2005 • 12686 Posts
I don't know if the character you play as is evil, but the agency is.
PhantomNemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 PhantomNemesis
Member since 2004 • 265 Posts

hahaha just face it buttays crackdown is wrose then the crap that is gears of war cmon buttays droppin that kinda money so iresponsibly when you can get so much more for a few extra hundred dallars cmon pc nerd buttays put ur heads together n buy a ps3 n stop **** bout the crap in the poorly developed microsft gamez :Dmekosan

Anyone care to translate this to English? I never paid attention in my bulls**t classes.

It does sound strange that the Crackdown ending is like that. I mean, who the hell are the good guys then?! There isn't any police not associated with the Agency is there?

miiiguel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#12 miiiguel
Member since 2005 • 1940 Posts

man..., the story is simple enough! how didn't you get it, the Agency is fascist, and Agent (we) have been manipulated!

mekosan : we don't speak troll language.

njdss4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#13 njdss4
Member since 2003 • 2721 Posts
maybe "step two" involves us fighting the agencytherapyhiccup
I hope so. *raises can of soda* Here's to Crackdown's horrible ending leading to a kick @$$ sequel!
jmartinez1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 jmartinez1983
Member since 2006 • 3949 Posts

[QUOTE="mekosan"]hahaha just face it buttays crackdown is wrose then the crap that is gears of war cmon buttays droppin that kinda money so iresponsibly when you can get so much more for a few extra hundred dallars cmon pc nerd buttays put ur heads together n buy a ps3 n stop **** bout the crap in the poorly developed microsft gamez :DPhantomNemesis

Anyone care to translate this to English? I never paid attention in my bulls**t classes.

It does sound strange that the Crackdown ending is like that. I mean, who the hell are the good guys then?! There isn't any polic not associated with the Agency is there?

Sometimes the world, or a story in this case, cannot be easily split into good guys and bad guys.  Sometimes there are different shades of gray, and in this case there is a trade off between one kind of order and another kind.  The agency isn't good, but the gang's aren't necessarily bad, they are just different and have their own ideals. 

For all you nerds out there, look at the Empire in Star Wars.  Its not really necessarily evil.  Those within the Empire didn't view themselves as evil, they viewed themselves as taking the harsh measures necessary to bring order to the galaxy. 

So yeah, you can't always look for the Good and Bad guys, sometimes you just have to accept there isn't one of either, just competing ideas about what's right.  

Generic_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15 Generic_Dude
Member since 2006 • 11707 Posts

yeah... kinda stupid ending... skinnypete91

Indeed... but I thought it was a kinda stupid game. Saint's Row too... that game was so bad I couldn't even sit through it to the end. At least Crackdown held my interest until I beat it... but I really didn't feel as though it was worth more than $20. Co-op was kinda fun though. Apart from that it puzzles me what people love about this game.

RaptorVenom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 RaptorVenom
Member since 2006 • 561 Posts
hahaha just face it buttays crackdown is wrose then the crap that is gears of war cmon buttays droppin that kinda money so iresponsibly when you can get so much more for a few extra hundred dallars cmon pc nerd buttays put ur heads together n buy a ps3 n stop **** bout the crap in the poorly developed microsft gamez :Dmekosan
Got one, not impressed, go away. How about speaking human. Go, be happy with your POS3.  Ali-G wannabe
miiiguel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#17 miiiguel
Member since 2005 • 1940 Posts

[QUOTE="mekosan"]hahaha just face it buttays crackdown is wrose then the crap that is gears of war cmon buttays droppin that kinda money so iresponsibly when you can get so much more for a few extra hundred dallars cmon pc nerd buttays put ur heads together n buy a ps3 n stop **** bout the crap in the poorly developed microsft gamez :DRaptorVenom
Got one, not impressed, go away. How about speaking human. Go, be happy with your POS3.

Just the same as me..., so NOT impressed. Next-gen is Live!

BabyAlf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 BabyAlf
[QUOTE="PhantomNemesis"]

[QUOTE="mekosan"]hahaha just face it buttays crackdown is wrose then the crap that is gears of war cmon buttays droppin that kinda money so iresponsibly when you can get so much more for a few extra hundred dallars cmon pc nerd buttays put ur heads together n buy a ps3 n stop **** bout the crap in the poorly developed microsft gamez :Djmartinez1983

It does sound strange that the Crackdown ending is like that. I mean, who the hell are the good guys then?! There isn't any polic not associated with the Agency is there?

Sometimes the world, or a story in this case, cannot be easily split into good guys and bad guys. Sometimes there are different shades of gray, and in this case there is a trade off between one kind of order and another kind. The agency isn't good, but the gang's aren't necessarily bad, they are just different and have their own ideals.

For all you nerds out there, look at the Empire in Star Wars. Its not really necessarily evil. Those within the Empire didn't view themselves as evil, they viewed themselves as taking the harsh measures necessary to bring order to the galaxy.

So yeah, you can't always look for the Good and Bad guys, sometimes you just have to accept there isn't one of either, just competing ideas about what's right.

Basical : Al gangs want peace but only that suits themselves? 

NAPK1NS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19 NAPK1NS
Member since 2004 • 14870 Posts
Are you kidding me? That was the best possible way they could have wrapped up the game, shut up.
AENEMA_TOOLOGY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 AENEMA_TOOLOGY
Member since 2006 • 245 Posts
it is just like what George W Bush did with 9/11 he supplied the terrorists with weapons and fought back to make him look like the googd guy so in this case the agency is George bush and Los Muertos Volk and Shai Gen are the terrorists.
monco59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#21 monco59
Member since 2007 • 2473 Posts
I rented crackdown last night and ive now finished it (Great game besides being very short). I had watched the ending...You were the bad-guy the whole time? 360 manages to pull off a crap ending for yet another great game. I felt the same with the ending of saints row.BabyAlf
Lol, you're blaming your 360 for Crackdown's ending? What I wouldn't give to have some of whatever it is you're smoking... Besides, I thought the ending was neat. It sets up a sequel nicely. And Saint's Row had a fresh ending as well, at least fresh for the genre.