Can't Chat with CERTAIN people

This topic is locked from further discussion.

seabiscuit8686

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 seabiscuit8686
Member since 2005 • 2862 Posts

Hey guys I have a wierd problem. When playing games online, I can private chat with anyone fine except ONE friend. Whenever I try to join his private chat or he tries to join mine, it just says joining over and over and never works. This goes for games too. We can talk totally fine in the lobby of COD4, but when we get in a game, he is the ONLY one I can't hear. All my other friends and I can hear each other fine. Me and this particular friend can hear each other fine too until we get in a game - then nothing.

Get this. Me and two guys are in a party. I can hear all of them fine. Then when the game starts I can only hear one. The one friend cannot hear me either, yet our other party member can not only hear me, but also the other friend.

WHAT IS GOING ON!!!!
PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!

seabiscuit8686

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 seabiscuit8686
Anyone? Also, even 5 days ago it was fine and this has been happening since. We could chat and invite each other for 2 years before this. This is only a brand new problem
FreakShow11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 FreakShow11
Member since 2007 • 183 Posts
It's a NAT problem you will most likely have to set up a static ip and then throw it in the DMZ.
seabiscuit8686

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 seabiscuit8686

It's a NAT problem you will most likely have to set up a static ip and then throw it in the DMZ.
FreakShow11

Why would it just happen now? We have been fine for 2+ years and we have had no hardware/software changes.

Plus, I am at a college so I don't have the luxury of a static IP and I am assigned a new one everytime I turn on my 360.

Again, this is an isolated problem with only one person.

FreakShow11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 FreakShow11
Member since 2007 • 183 Posts
Maybe its not you then maybe its the other person. It could be something else but thats exactly what happens when its a NAT problem.
seabiscuit8686

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 seabiscuit8686
how do you fix a NAT problem?
seabiscuit8686

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 seabiscuit8686
can anyone help me?
julianwelton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 julianwelton
Member since 2006 • 2526 Posts

Hey guys I have a wierd problem. When playing games online, I can private chat with anyone fine except ONE friend. Whenever I try to join his private chat or he tries to join mine, it just says joining over and over and never works. This goes for games too. We can talk totally fine in the lobby of COD4, but when we get in a game, he is the ONLY one I can't hear. All my other friends and I can hear each other fine. Me and this particular friend can hear each other fine too until we get in a game - then nothing.

Get this. Me and two guys are in a party. I can hear all of them fine. Then when the game starts I can only hear one. The one friend cannot hear me either, yet our other party member can not only hear me, but also the other friend.

WHAT IS GOING ON!!!!
PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!

seabiscuit8686

All you have to do is go to xbox.com make sure you have a xbox live compatible router and if you do upgrade it with the firmware listed on xbox.com and you'll be good to go.

SaintTheKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SaintTheKing
Member since 2007 • 918 Posts

that happens to me where it says joining chat. i just reset my router and it fixes itself.

and the not being able to hear people in game. that only happened to me in CoD4. everytime that happens the host just restarts the lobby and it fixes itself

spudg0520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 spudg0520
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

I had a similar situation happen to me, I wanted to chat with a friend but it kept saying joining. Also in games, we could join the same online game, but I couldn't see his gamer tag and he couldn't see mine. I fixed this by simply updating my routers firmware. So make sure both yours and your friends routers are up to date. Hope this helps!