Cannot recover Gamertag

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nikolajz1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 nikolajz1
Member since 2007 • 1200 Posts
I was at a friends yesterday and I tried to recover my gamertag so we could play cod4 online but it didnt work. I had all my information correct but it said that sign up was unavailable. Also today when I turned my own 360 on it wouldn't let me sign in because it said my gamertag was invalid. Is XBL justgoing crazy or what?
Avatar image for seventy5cent832
seventy5cent832

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 seventy5cent832
Member since 2007 • 1057 Posts
on his xbox? that recover gamertag thing is for getting ur old gamertag from ur old xbox ot ur new 1, i think
hippyhater3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 hippyhater3
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
mine is doing the same thing with the same message
OldGoldDomer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 OldGoldDomer
Member since 2007 • 31 Posts
Try it again in a couple of hours. I had the same problem, but was able to recover my gamertag the next day.
PsYCHoTiCBLazE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 PsYCHoTiCBLazE
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Same thing with me....Just happening as we speak lol.

I deleted my gamertag from my hardrive to see if anything happens. Nothing....

Now i dont even have my gamertag with me atm.

JUSt gotta wait for xbox to get better so i can get my gt back.

Xx-CLOUD-xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#6 Xx-CLOUD-xX
Member since 2007 • 541 Posts
I was at a friends yesterday and I tried to recover my gamertag so we could play cod4 online but it didnt work. I had all my information correct but it said that sign up was unavailable. Also today when I turned my own 360 on it wouldn't let me sign in because it said my gamertag was invalid. Is XBL justgoing crazy or what?nikolajz1
Xbox live is screwed up who cares.. my bro tryed making an XBL today and it didnt work
acidic_dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 acidic_dude
Member since 2003 • 1713 Posts
Try it again in a couple of hours. I had the same problem, but was able to recover my gamertag the next day.OldGoldDomer
My bro was trying to do that for his friend because his friend finally got his own 360so now he is trying to transfer his gamertag to his new 360 but it keeps getting the error message. Its still not working right now and its been doing it for about 4 days now, and the account settings also dont work, and xbl is still jacked right now, this is why.
dreadedred19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 dreadedred19
Member since 2007 • 1279 Posts
i had the same problem earlier but i kept an eye on the status updates on the support page of xbox.com and when it said up and runningi tried it and it didnt work, so i tried again, you know, in case the was any difficulty in my connection, and i noticed that the bar that shows progress was farther that time. keep in mind id been having this problem for a week or so. i kept trying and kept getting more progress until i got it back. i guess your only solutions are to keep trying or wait until the service is completely back up and running. i know how you feel, it sucks that you cant use your saves.
amad25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 amad25
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

Dont Worry xbox live has been mess up for days now you wait a few more daays and then try again it should work and dont worry most people cant even play any games on cod4

the_GUNN_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#10 the_GUNN_man
Member since 2003 • 2717 Posts

I had a friend with the same problem and this is how he got his account back. He waited until about 2 or 3 in the morning when traffic is the lightest and he was able to recover. It took about an hour to recover it.

When you try to recover a account from one 360 to another and it goes for a minute or so and fails this is what happens. When you start to recover the account is make the old one invalid. Then when it fails your gamertag is kinda held in limbo until it is recovered.

thampson98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 thampson98
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
i took my hard drive to ma mates house and when i put ma hard drive back onto my xbox my xbox live profile was gone! and recover gamer tag will not work either it says '' please make sure your save device is correctly on your xbox360console'' but is is though! what should i do
thampson98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 thampson98
my xbox live profile ismissing after i put my harddrive in ma maes console and i cant recover gamer tag either:/
Avatar image for mikemike0091234
mikemike0091234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 mikemike0091234
my xbox 360 want let me recover the gametag or sign up for xbox live or nothing and i have everything plug up right it just tell me cant connect no connect but when i put the ethen cord into another 360 it work somebody help please