Can you somehow play Warcraft through an Xbox?

Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 19

#1 Starshine_M2A2
Member since 2006 • 5593 Posts

Just curious because I saw one of my XONE friends signed it and it said he was playing World of Warcraft...

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@Starshine_M2A2:

When I entered this thread, your title was simply "Warcraft" which is a fantastic RTS (Real Time Strategy) series. I love the Warcraft games (1-3, especially Warcraft 2).

My original answer is I was going to point to the original Xbox 1 which was heavily modded back then, and with a Modded Original Xbox 1, one could get the older Warcraft to work on that machine...

That said, I see in the OP that you aren't talking about the the 1990's Warcraft games, but the now 12 year old World of Warcraft. WoW is an entirely different game, an MMORPG (Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game), as you probably know.

So, that changes my answer because the original Xbox 1 I never saw modded to play WOW.

I believe I figured out what you saw though. What you saw with that friend signed in is someone signed into Xbox Live but on PC. They then are playing PC games while signed in to Xbox Live allowing you to see what they are up to on XbOne. I know I've played Street Fighter 4 on PC and my Xbox 360 friends saw me playing back in the day.

You are going to start seeing Win10 PC gamers playing some PC games on your Xbone from time to time.

Microsoft is allowing Xbox Live users to see what games people are playing on their Windows 10 PC. Steam does the same thing. I wouldn't read too much in to it.

I do the same thing on Steam for instance, I play non-Steam games but let my Steam friends see what I'm playing (like Starcraft and Diablo for instance).

If you have windows 10 you can record game clips from a few games and post them to your xbox feed, WoW is one of them.

"PC gamers are also getting a few Xbox niceties. After the Anniversary Update, the Game Bar in the Xbox app will support 60fps recording when you set your quality setting to “Very High.” The Game Bar will also have full-screen support in six more games, including League of Legends, World of Warcraft, DOTA 2, Battlefield 4, Counterstrike: Global Offensive, and Diablo III."

To answer, No you can't play WOW on the Xbone, you need a PC to play WoW.

narlymech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By narlymech
Member since 2009 • 2132 Posts

There's the movie Warcraft. Maybe he was watching that.

patangera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By patangera
Member since 2023 • 1 Posts

I'd love be to see a World of Warcraft porting to Xbox. WoW on console is doable, I can assure it.

I've played WoW several years since Vanilla to Legion, with some breaks, skipped almost all Dreanor and Cataclysm. Never been an hardcore player but I have done my duties 😂, done almost everything but Arenas (PvP duels) But during legion and after many games played with a joypad I needed it. I remember using a combination of many mods (shadowedUnitframes, bartender4, a WoW controller mapper, and some others) spent an afternoon in configs and little tweaks using WoW settings to make it work.

So many people told me to uninstall and kill myself for have done such thing. I waited maybe 2 or 3 weeks to told it to my guild, we was doing the Emerald Nightmare Raid and I told them, during Ursoc (a very big bad angry bear). In those weeks I overpassed in DPS a same class guildmate that trying to get me started to miss mechanics during raids and made we wipe a lot. That Ursoc day when I exposed myself that guildmate was so angry with everyone that was kicked.

They had to accept it, the mapping thing was great, I played as a Druid, done everything but mainly tanking and DPS as Feral (not an easy class to master), and having binds on a joypad actually made me better. Never tried to heal with a pad, I thought it was undoable. But as a cat it was perfect.

For those who never played WoW, play as a "cat" (feral druid DPS) in wow and be good is a challenge. Many ability to keep up, limited energy to use them and the hardest thing to do was changing target fast to keep everything up as much possible. I done it with keyboard many years doing it good enough to have my guild call me on difficult raids and encounters, and with a pad, an XBOX ONE first gen joypad I was doing it way better.

Hard to tell hard to believe https://vlc.onl/.

WoW on console is doable, I can assure it. But will they ever consider it and option? I guess not, but I could consider an anticipated retirement to IRL things if they ever do it.