Can you buy just 1 month of Live?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Witchsight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Witchsight
Member since 2004 • 12145 Posts

If i dont have live... I dont miss it. But if its right there, ill play the crap out of it. So id like to just have a month, but they dont seem to sell the one month cards anymore (at least in my area), is there still a way to do this?

Also, there is a "3 months for half price" deal on the dashboard... but i dont know exactly how those work either. Halp?

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#2 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

If i dont have live... I dont miss it. But if its right there, ill play the crap out of it. So id like to just have a month, but they dont seem to sell the one month cards anymore (at least in my area), is there still a way to do this?

Also, there is a "3 months for half price" deal on the dashboard... but i dont know exactly how those work either. Halp?

Witchsight

i think you can only buy 1 months off xbox. but i think it's like $8 u.s. Just do the prom off xbox. 3 for half price which sould be like $10.

HOW the promt work on the dashboard? you click it , it ask if you want it, you put your infomation in, accept the terms.

Witchsight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Witchsight

i think you can only buy 1 months off xbox. but i think it's like $8 u.s. Just do the prom off xbox. 3 for half price which sould be like $10.

HOW the promt work on the dashboard? you click it , it ask if you want it, you put your infomation in, accept the terms.

k2theswiss

I would do that.... Well i tried and the terms seemed to state my first bill would be 8.99 starting in December. I was like.... k?

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts
i think you have a one month option to buy via your creditcard
Pittfan666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#5 Pittfan666
Member since 2003 • 8638 Posts
They had a special a while ago where 1 month of Xbox live was 2 bucks via credit card purchase on xbox live. Not sure if the special is still going on. The only downside to purchasing on xbox live is that you have to call them in order to cancel. Otherwise they'll put a recurring charge on you to keep you signed up once the month is over.
cthecoffee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 cthecoffee
Member since 2003 • 1432 Posts

i just sent my xbox to get repaird and it came back with 1 month free card, so there are still cards of em

jamminjosh523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 jamminjosh523
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
They don't sell the one month cards anymore, but you can always buy xbox live for one month on the xbox live marketplace.
Witchsight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Witchsight
They don't sell the one month cards anymore, but you can always buy xbox live for one month on the xbox live marketplace.jamminjosh523
Super cool, id be willing to do that with a credit card... Do you have to hunt for the option, ive never seen it displayed prominently. Remembering to cancel would be the tricky part i guess!
xboxmad12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 xboxmad12
Member since 2009 • 575 Posts

[QUOTE="jamminjosh523"]They don't sell the one month cards anymore, but you can always buy xbox live for one month on the xbox live marketplace.Witchsight
Super cool, id be willing to do that with a credit card... Do you have to hunt for the option, ive never seen it displayed prominently. Remembering to cancel would be the tricky part i guess!

Just cancel the second you do it :) And it's at at the place where you deal with your MS poins and email address and such. Might be easier to do it on xbox.com.

Witchsight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Witchsight

Yep, i see the option for 1 month and 12 months on the Xbox site as well... Seen here though you may have to sign in.

https://live.xbox.com/en-US/Flows/ManageSubscription/ChooseSubscription.aspx

Sweet. and it also seems to imply you can choose NOT to auto renew, but i dont know if i trust that.

mrsniper83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 114

#11 mrsniper83
Member since 2009 • 1552 Posts
The only card I have seen for 1 month Xbox live is when you get your console returned from getting fixed.
zombieseesmeat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 zombieseesmeat
Member since 2011 • 53 Posts
where I live in North Carolina I only see 3 month and 12 month cards.
dollada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 dollada
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

Yeah you can, its much more expensive but it can be done. Its much more finincially smart to just buy a year at a time. Worst case scenario you only play for half the year but its still cheaper.Check out my blog gameplayersdaily

Strider_91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Strider_91
Member since 2007 • 6570 Posts
The only option i know of, and it has been said, is through using a credit card Smallest option on a xbox live card would be 3 months from a store
Witchsight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Witchsight

Yeah you can, its much more expensive but it can be done. Its much more finincially smart to just buy a year at a time. Worst case scenario you only play for half the year but its still cheaper.

dollada
Well, not really. Its just under 30 here to get 3 months, and double that for a year. Seeing as i only want to play this month (the Gf is away) and in December, buying 2 months individually is around 20$. Works out in my case anyway.