Can you be online on your xbox360 without being on Xbox live

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for ZiggyStardust16
#1 Edited by ZiggyStardust16 (1321 posts) -

I have never been online on my Xbox360 so this may be a stupid question. However bear with oe. In the moment that you have an online connection on your Xbox360 are you then also automatic into Xbox live? I mean can you just have an online connection and go on the internet and stuff, but not being signed in or have an xbox live account ?

#2 Edited by SolidTy (49991 posts) -

@ZiggyStardust16: Nope, the next step is create a free Xbox Live Silver/Free account.

Then you will be able to shop online and do other internet features other than play games online.

To play online, you'll need to pay for Xbox Live Gold which retails $60 a year U.S. (or like any game, movie, controller, you can find deals).

#3 Posted by ZiggyStardust16 (1321 posts) -

Well can you have an online connection without being on Xbox live or is Xbox live basically the online connection in itself if you understand ?

#4 Posted by doubalfa (7108 posts) -

Xbox live is the online service for everything on your xbox.

Avatar image for rosinmonkekyx17
#5 Posted by rosinmonkekyx17 (3019 posts) -

You are connected to the internet

Doesn't mean you can access the online features because you have to pay for Gold for those

#6 Posted by ZiggyStardust16 (1321 posts) -

But when you get online first time, are you then automatic into Xbox live? Or can you be disconnected from Xbox live and still be online on your Xbox360