Can someone please explain the Bad Company hate?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GSU28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 GSU28
Member since 2007 • 1608 Posts

I have been watching countless videos on GameSpot, IGN, and youtube of the BFBC (Battlefield: Bad Company) Beta and it looks AWESOME. I mean buildings blowing out all around you, mortar shells and grenades blowing ditches into the ground, push and shove combat on giant battlefields, and a new and refreshing gametype.

Yet, I keep seeing "Battlefield: Bad Company is going to SUCK!" and "I am in the Beta and it SUCKS!" Is this just hatred for EA? While the whole buy weapons with real money is despicable, that doesn't stop this game from looking, sounding, and playing great. I know it is easy to hate EA, but I for one am really looking forward to BFBC. If someone can explain, possibly someone who is in the beta, why the hate levels are so high I would appreciate it greatly.

Avatar image for II-FBIsniper-II
II-FBIsniper-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 II-FBIsniper-II
Member since 2005 • 18067 Posts

It doesn't feel like a Battlefield game.

If it was just called "Bad Company" it wouldn't be that bad, but it's still not anything special.

And "fully destructable enviorments", aren't as destructable as I wanted. Guns aren't powerful. Sound is glitchy and annoying. Controls are clunky.

Mabooza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Mabooza
Member since 2007 • 389 Posts

I have been watching countless videos on GameSpot, IGN, and youtube of the BFBC (Battlefield: Bad Company) Beta and it looks AWESOME. I mean buildings blowing out all around you, mortar shells and grenades blowing ditches into the ground, push and shove combat on giant battlefields, and a new and refreshing gametype.

Yet, I keep seeing "Battlefield: Bad Company is going to SUCK!" and "I am in the Beta and it SUCKS!" Is this just hatred for EA? While the whole buy weapons with real money is despicable, that doesn't stop this game from looking, sounding, and playing great. I know it is easy to hate EA, but I for one am really looking forward to BFBC. If someone can explain, possibly someone who is in the beta, why the hate levels are so high I would appreciate it greatly.

GSU28

I'm in the beta and I don't hate it. Sure, most people in the beta don't know the meaning of teamwork, but that doesn't make the game terrible. It does make it incredibly frustrating when your teammates run around with no concept of defending your team's gold stashes. But that same sort of thing happens in every MP game. Can't really fault the developers for the idiotic way the public plays their games. The linear assault/defend nature of the Gold Rush mode is pretty weak in my opinion. I prefer the Conquest game modes, with multiple control points to attack and defend. As far as I know, conquest game modes will be available in the retail version, so I'm happy with that.

I attribute most of the hate to DLC weapons. Plus, lots of people love to hate EA. So whether they've played the game or not, they'll hate every EA title for some reason...or no reason at all.

GSU28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 GSU28

If it was just called "Bad Company" it wouldn't be that bad, but it's still not anything special.

And "fully destructable enviorments", aren't as destructable as I wanted. Guns aren't powerful. Sound is glitchy and annoying. Controls are clunky.

II-FBIsniper-II

It looks a lot like Modern Combat, just better.

patelldp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 patelldp
Member since 2007 • 71 Posts

I feel as though the game plays slower than it should. I have never played a Battlefield game other than this Beta, but I was not impressed. To give you an idea, I play both Halo and Call of Duty 4 on Low to Medium sensitivity. This gets me around just fine and in both games I have well over a 1.00 kill to death ratio. However, with Bad Company, I have the sensitivity up as high as it can go, and I still feel as though it's not quick enough. The controls feel balky to me, I feel as though I need to empty a clip into someone, reload, then fire a few more rounds before the person will die.

Also, I have had issues with spawning. If your team has made advancements and therefore expanded the map, the spawning is on the other side of the map. You can risk spawning with your squad, but that will put you right into the thick of the battle and can make any spot on the map a good spot for "spawn killing." The only real guaranteed safe spawn is your base, but the drawback is that you're going to spend some time getting back into the battle.

I am impressed with the graphics, the environments are pretty sweet, but the game-play definitely needs some work, in my opinion. I have heard many people say to "give it some time, it will grow on you," but I have not had that happen and have since given up on it. I am just trying to provide some constructive feedback instead of just slamming it, maybe they will listen to my criticisms and improve certain aspects. But, as the game stands right now, it is not on my purchase list. Not even close.

Hope this helps!

-Dan

GSU28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 GSU28
Thanks, patelldp. Those do look like some serious issues. Hopefully they will be fixed. If not, well then I can just spend more time on UT3 when it hits the 360. :)
Avatar image for KaotiK_un_basic
KaotiK_un_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 KaotiK_un_basic
Member since 2002 • 2128 Posts

it's just not what i thought it was going to be.

huge fan of the battlefield series (i even like modern combat) but this was quite a dissapointment. granted i had very high hopes for it. and still hope they'll fix some things.

not a big fan of goldrush either. sucks to be stuck defending for a whole game.. i liked the balance and strategy of conquest more.

this and frontlines totally didn't live up to my hopes :(

chex81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#8 chex81
Member since 2004 • 3661 Posts

i havent played a lot of the beta....but of what ive played, i dont like the new mode Gold Rush. The graphics are amazing, the controls are tight and work very well, tanks control very well...the guns are definitely underpowered, thats my big complaint.

overall, im more excited to play the end product....specifically conquest. i think the game will be great in the end....but the Beta isnt my cup of tea.

earnhardtfan77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 earnhardtfan77
Member since 2007 • 1808 Posts
well i actually really like the game, the sound effects are great the new game mode though is a little weak, and CONQUEST IS NOT GOING TO BE IN THE GAME, i asked the senior producer VIA XBOX Live message and he told me they might add conquest in later...but i still like the game allot, great graphics and the destruction is really good looking and fun...their are a few bugs but im sure they will all be straightened out by the release date...overall i give this game a 9/10 as is....if all the bugs are fixed then i would say a 9.8/10 or even a 10/10....awsome game
michirican123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 michirican123
Member since 2003 • 114 Posts
Since Bad Company's Time Setting is closer to Battlefield 2 (My favorite of them all) I was dissapointed when i found out there wasn't at least 40 players, (frontlines has like 50) The point of a battlefield game is using all the different classes to form one team, forming an immense "battlfield" Bad Company looks great but just like modern combat it doesn't capture the essence of battlfield. Unfortunatley i think this can only be achieved on a PC.
ARO1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 ARO1993
Member since 2007 • 213 Posts

GSU28

i think its gonna be pretty cool but i have a feeling that people are only gonna be using grenade lauchers and stuff and its just gonna be a nonstop random grenade fest

i didnt think this untill i started watching the demos and gameplay videos and literally all i see is the guy running around with a grenade launcher attachment shooting random buildings

the only time the guy actually shoots in the gamespot demo video is about 3 bullets at a heli that took off

but idk well see

GSU28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 GSU28
[QUOTE="GSU28"]

ARO1993

i think its gonna be pretty cool but i have a feeling that people are only gonna be using grenade lauchers and stuff and its just gonna be a nonstop random grenade fest

i didnt think this untill i started watching the demos and gameplay videos and literally all i see is the guy running around with a grenade launcher attachment shooting random buildings

the only time the guy actually shoots in the gamespot demo video is about 3 bullets at a heli that took off

but idk well see

Check some youtube videos, the grenade launcher is used less than you would expect. And the grenades to an even lesser extent.

luc11044

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#13 luc11044
Member since 2004 • 4606 Posts

Initially, when I heard Bad Company was being made, I was really, really excited. But, I have to admit, even though I haven't tried the beta version, with the gameplay videos I've seen, I'm a bit let down because it doesn't seem to offer the same excitement as Battlefield MC. The graphics look great but the gameplay doesn't seem to be on par with my expectations.

the_animals

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 the_animals
Member since 2004 • 329 Posts

II-FBIsniper-II

so the name of the game makes it bad. good logic.

thrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 thrones
Member since 2004 • 12178 Posts
It's not quite a real battlefield game. Wait for Battlefield 3.
Cash4Eric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Cash4Eric
Member since 2008 • 51 Posts

II-FBIsniper-II, if you wanted a "Fully Destructable Enviroment", you'd be playing the same level over and over again, "Flat Land". Second of all, it is the Beta, which means there will be many glitches and abnormalities. So don't hate on it because it's not fully tested.

destinhpark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#17 destinhpark
Member since 2006 • 4831 Posts
It looks amazing, I'll be getting it.
mysimsrule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 mysimsrule
Member since 2007 • 35 Posts

the health has really increased so it takes a full clip to kill someone

Avatar image for II-FBIsniper-II
II-FBIsniper-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 II-FBIsniper-II
Member since 2005 • 18067 Posts

so the name of the game makes it bad. good logic.

the_animals

The fact that it supposed to be Battlefield, and it isn't, makes it bad. Not the name of it.

And that definetly was the only thing I said. :roll:

II-FBIsniper-II, if you wanted a "Fully Destructable Enviroment", you'd be playing the same level over and over again, "Flat Land". Second of all, it is the Beta, which means there will be many glitches and abnormalities. So don't hate on it because it's not fully tested.

Cash4Eric

Okay, its really fun when I destroyed a wall on one side of the gold crate, but then I can't destroy the one to the left of it.

Yeah it is a beta...they aren't going to revamp the whole gameplay in the final game.