Can someone help me with my connection?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dejo256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 dejo256
Member since 2005 • 2580 Posts

Alright I currently have Verizon as my internet provider. I ordered a bundle package with them which will save me money and I get better connection. I ordered it about 3 days ago and its supposed to be connected today, the 2nd. I already had the higher speed for about 2 days and I love it. However the problem is that it keeps dropping every night.

Right around 8:30 my router starts going crazy. It keeps getting disconnected and it reconnects back up. Most of the lights on it go out, and this keeps happening constantly. It starts around 8:30 and it will continue throughout the night. This never happed when I had the older connection. So could it be that its still in that phase of being changed, or is it something else?

On my router my DSL light blinks really fast, and internet light is turned off. I also get a yellow triangle on my network icon. It says something to the effect of cant connect to network. Someone please help me, I contacted Verizon and they said that the connection seems fine. I'll be calling tomorrow but I have a feeling they will say the same, until they send someone out.

Dr_Snood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 Dr_Snood
Member since 2008 • 2547 Posts
Call them when it happens instead of when it isn't happening. Not sure what it could be, your connection should be all set in three days.. shouldn't take any longer than that.
dejo256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 dejo256
Call them when it happens instead of when it isn't happening. Not sure what it could be, your connection should be all set in three days.. shouldn't take any longer than that.Dr_Snood
Problem is when it disconnects it reconnects within 30 seconds. It doesn't stay down, it will disconnect and then come back online. It is extremely frustrating.
Avatar image for HilbillyRokstar
HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 HilbillyRokstar
Member since 2007 • 3236 Posts

Set an appointment w/a service tech at or around the time of day it is happening.

Dr_Snood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 Dr_Snood
Member since 2008 • 2547 Posts
[QUOTE="Dr_Snood"]Call them when it happens instead of when it isn't happening. Not sure what it could be, your connection should be all set in three days.. shouldn't take any longer than that.dejo256
Problem is when it disconnects it reconnects within 30 seconds. It doesn't stay down, it will disconnect and then come back online. It is extremely frustrating.

Very frustrating, I was in your boat not too long ago with my internet provider due to them updating their lines (which took 3 months) and I was getting terrible connection at night. I googled it and it seems like a common problem with verizon for some people. Didn't find a fix (if I do I will post back), but yeah the best thing to do would to get someone to come out and check your lines. If worse comes to worse and verizon is unable to fix the problem you may have to return to your old internet provider. The higher price and less speed may suck, but atleast you have a consistent connection. However that should be your last option. I would just keep bugging verizon about it until they come and fix it for you. Sorry if I am not a lot of help, I am no networking pro :/.
dejo256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 dejo256

[QUOTE="dejo256"][QUOTE="Dr_Snood"]Call them when it happens instead of when it isn't happening. Not sure what it could be, your connection should be all set in three days.. shouldn't take any longer than that.Dr_Snood

Very frustrating, I was in your boat not too long ago with my internet provider due to them updating their lines (which took 3 months) and I was getting terrible connection at night. I googled it and it seems like a common problem with verizon for some people. Didn't find a fix (if I do I will post back), but yeah the best thing to do would to get someone to come out and check your lines. If worse comes to worse and verizon is unable to fix the problem you may have to return to your old internet provider. The higher price and less speed may suck, but atleast you have a consistent connection. However that should be your last option. I would just keep bugging verizon about it until they come and fix it for you. Sorry if I am not a lot of help, I am no networking pro :/.

I actually had Verizon for the past 5 years, I only upgraded the speed for the internet and bundled the phone line with it. I also had the phone service through them. Also its not like I upgraded to Fios (not available) its still their DSL internet, just faster speed.

"Set an appointment w/a service tech at or around the time of day it is happening." it happens every day, at least for the past 3 days it has. I'm going through it right now.

HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 HilbillyRokstar
Is there a tech checking it, right now, why not? They can't check everything remotely.
dejo256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 dejo256
Is there a tech checking it, right now, why not? They can't check everything remotely.HilbillyRokstar
No I'll have to call them tomorrow and it will probably take them 3-4 days to send someone out.
HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 HilbillyRokstar
Bummer, but sometimes that's what you have to do. I recently had a similar prob that required a lot of maintenance.
lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44637 Posts
once in a blue moon my internet freaks out in the middle of the night, I just figure it's the cable company doing some maintenance or something, but yeah call them, I do and they often comp me on my bill a good amount