Can I use a normal HDMI port for my Xbox 360 or should i use the cable by micro.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Partifaction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Partifaction
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
I have a 1080p tv and i am using a normal hdmi port for my xbox 360. The picture quality isn't perfect and the text isn't perfectly clear. If I got the HDMI port made by microsoft for the xbox will the picture be perfect?
Unknown_Hero3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Unknown_Hero3
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts

it will be better thats for sure, unless you got a high quality hdmi..

Englandfc1966

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Englandfc1966
Member since 2005 • 2217 Posts

Unknown_Hero3
Lol.
zelda777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 zelda777
I do not understand your question. By HDMI port, do you mean HDMI cable? And you're asking whether a regular hdmi cable gives worse picture quality than MSFT hdmi cable?
Unknown_Hero3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Unknown_Hero3
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts

[QUOTE="Unknown_Hero3"]

Englandfc1966

Lol.

well his question was confusing...don't laugh at me!!!:cry:

bradly_2795

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 bradly_2795
Member since 2004 • 948 Posts

I hope your asking about cables and not ports. Anyways I've never had any problems with the HDMI cables that I've bought from Newegg for $5. If you think that the MS HDMI cable will yeild you better results then by all means go and by you one. It's what gives you the best experience after all.

SDOT55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 SDOT55
Member since 2008 • 250 Posts

They both work the same. My dad hasa Microsoft one and another one that he suses for his PS3and I've switched the cords before and saw no difference.

Partifaction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Partifaction
ya. thats what i meant.... lol.
Partifaction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Partifaction
I do not understand your question. By HDMI port, do you mean HDMI cable? And you're asking whether a regular hdmi cable gives worse picture quality than MSFT hdmi cable?zelda777
ya. thats what i meant.... lol.
dRuGGeRnaUt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 dRuGGeRnaUt
Member since 2006 • 1637 Posts
I have a 1080p tv and i am using a normal hdmi port for my xbox 360. The picture quality isn't perfect and the text isn't perfectly clear. If I got the HDMI port made by microsoft for the xbox will the picture be perfect?Partifaction
The only difference i have noticed by using a different cable than the MS HDMI that came with my elite is this: I bought a ****** Gold plated 6ft cable and it has a woven sheath around it that apparrently protects it from other interference from wires, i don't know if its true, but i have noticed less "noise" from using this cable. I do know however that the MS HDMI pack-in is completely fine, and has a good picture.
YoungSinatra25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#11 YoungSinatra25
Member since 2009 • 4314 Posts
I have a M$ Hdmi that came with my Elite, and also Have a Phillips and Monster cables. The M$ cable is the lowest quality/performance it gets shelved. Heres a the bigger question... Have you adjusted your Tv's picture settings??? Thats more important then almost anything, the settings that come standard on the Tv are never adequate... Never!!!
Cujo31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 Cujo31
Member since 2002 • 2884 Posts

both well work the same. HDMI is digital, which means that there is either going to be a signal getting through or not. No noise, no fuzziness on the screen at all. Cnet did a whole article on HDMI cables. There is no difference between buying an inexpensive $5-10 cable vs. a $50 - $100 cable. One word of advice, some TV's for some reason do not output digital sound via the optical out port on the tv when using just an HDMI cable (from the 360). I was trying to use my AX360 headset and there was no sound, I was just using the same setup from my TV when I was playing a blu-ray the other day and there was no problem with the sound at all. I ended up having to go back to the component cables for my 360 which is fine because my TV can do 1080p with them.

LINK: http://reviews.cnet.com/hdmi-cable/?tag=rb_content;rb_mtx