Can anyone tell me what is wrong with me ! :[

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for -tears-run-red-
-tears-run-red-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 -tears-run-red-
Member since 2005 • 617 Posts

When I was 6 years old I got a nintendo, I played mario 24/7 for like an entire year. 1 GAME!! And I loved it. I did the same when the SNES / N64 came out as I got older.

However, it's been so long since I am able to enjoy single player games.. When I started playing online multiplayer games about 10 years ago, I can never enjoy a single play game, and I want too!

I will always start a singleplayer game to try to re-live all the fun I had when I was young, and end up turning it off after like 10 minutes.. going back to a multiplayer game. Oh how I wish I could have the fun I did with single player games when I was a kid :(

Jurassic85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Jurassic85
Member since 2010 • 2191 Posts
Dude I have found myself in the same boat as of late. Its so awesome to be able to socialize/talk trash/discuss tactics while gaming. You don't have to feel guilty about playing multiplayer online, its just like playing Goldeneye 64 except the people aren't in the same room. I recently got Red Dead Redemption and Batman AA:GOTY and they have gotten me back into single player games. What you need to do is find a game with an epic single player campaign and no multiplayer. Its so awesome to sit there by yourself and work through those games, but you gotta find one that is interesting for you.
Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Ilovegames1992
Member since 2010 • 14221 Posts

I enjoy most single player and multiplayer usually.

BLAS1AN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 BLAS1AN
Member since 2003 • 3508 Posts

what are some single player games that you couldnt get into? maybe you wernt playing the right ones. i still love single player campaigns

Xbox360Gamer15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 Xbox360Gamer15
Member since 2009 • 3937 Posts
[QUOTE="-tears-run-red-"]

When I was 6 years old I got a nintendo, I played mario 24/7 for like an entire year. 1 GAME!! And I loved it. I did the same when the SNES / N64 came out as I got older.

However, it's been so long since I am able to enjoy single player games.. When I started playing online multiplayer games about 10 years ago, I can never enjoy a single play game, and I want too!

I will always start a singleplayer game to try to re-live all the fun I had when I was young, and end up turning it off after like 10 minutes.. going back to a multiplayer game. Oh how I wish I could have the fun I did with single player games when I was a kid :(

It means your a mutiplayer fanatic...most mutiplayer sucks other then bc2 and cod4...single player is where its at....try forcing your self to play the single player.
Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Ilovegames1992
Member since 2010 • 14221 Posts

Xbox360Gamer15

It means your a mutiplayer fanatic...most mutiplayer sucks other then bc2 and cod4...single player is where its at....try forcing your self to play the single player.

What? There's plenty of good MP games.

kit352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#7 kit352
Member since 2008 • 592 Posts
im just the opposite now. I loved single player games then when the original xbox came out i played that for a few years straight. i would stay up for day playing rainbow six and counter strike. I wouldnt even touch a single player game for years. then i tried getting into mp with the 360 but i just dont like like it. im single player all the way now. i dont even have a gold sub anymore.
javafriek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 javafriek
Member since 2008 • 752 Posts
Single player imo is the better experience.
firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts

Maybe you haven't found the right kind of singleplayer games. Try something other than FPS's.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
Member since 2005 • 7914 Posts

Same thing happened to me. I was also 6 yrs old playing mario on snes hard everyday.

GTA 4 made me realize ill never enjoy a video game agn. I grew up and became very logical. Going around doing missions jus didnt appeal to me. I have enough things to take care of in real life. i bought red dead redemption, played it once and never agn. im not gonna go do pointless video game missions when i have real priorities to take care of.

fallout new vegas was wack because im not gonna search for all these guns and level up get new perks cus once i have it all there wont be a real purpose of playing. even free roam games felt very repeatitive

so now fighting games and quick shooting games like cod appeal to me. anything competitive is fun those games never get boring wen ur playing with friends. all single player games are dead to me.

one single player game i will always play is mass effect. i havent found time to play the game but i would definetly redo story mode for mass effect 1 and 2. the storyline is amazing i love that game. its like directing a movie while playing all the action scenes. no game comes close to mass effect, play that game if ur looking for sum single player fun

Avatar image for -tears-run-red-
-tears-run-red-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 -tears-run-red-
Member since 2005 • 617 Posts

Same thing happened to me. I was also 6 yrs old playing mario on snes hard everyday.

GTA 4 made me realize ill never enjoy a video game agn. I grew up and became very logical. Going around doing missions jus didnt appeal to me. I have enough things to take care of in real life. i bought red dead redemption, played it once and never agn. im not gonna go do pointless video game missions when i have real priorities to take care of.

fallout new vegas was wack because im not gonna search for all these guns and level up get new perks cus once i have it all there wont be a real purpose of playing. even free roam games felt very repeatitive

so now fighting games and quick shooting games like cod appeal to me. anything competitive is fun those games never get boring wen ur playing with friends. all single player games are dead to me.

playmynutz
Yeah, I think maybe I cannot enjoy single-player games any longer is because I got addicted to the competitiveness of online multi-player games like SC2, CoD, Halo, etc. I don't feel any reward from progressing through a single player game like I did when I was young.
Xbox360Gamer15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Xbox360Gamer15
[QUOTE="Ilovegames1992"]

[QUOTE="Xbox360Gamer15"][QUOTE="-tears-run-red-"]

What? There's plenty of good MP games.

yea..bioshock 2 is the other good MP game...The bad ones are mw2 black ops and frontlines and lost planet and most others
Avatar image for diegosanchezMMA
diegosanchezMMA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 diegosanchezMMA
Member since 2010 • 830 Posts

-tears-run-red-

i have the opposite problem TC

i only enjoy single player games, i can never play any mutiplayer games, unfortunately COD ruined the experience for me :(

gta4_2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#14 gta4_2112
Member since 2007 • 3270 Posts

Xbox360Gamer15

No just no.

Xbox360Gamer15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Xbox360Gamer15
[QUOTE="gta4_2112"]

[QUOTE="Xbox360Gamer15"][QUOTE="-tears-run-red-"]

No just no.

what?? alot of mutiplayer games arent any fun
BlueWord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 BlueWord
Member since 2011 • 84 Posts
You need to play a single player game that has alot of depth and reward in it. A game that you can just lose track of time playing.
Palehorse2211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Palehorse2211
Member since 2011 • 53 Posts

-tears-run-red-
The answer to your question is really pretty simple. When you play against the computer on a single player game you win by repetition and memory. The computer can't change the program so the bad guys are going to pop up in the same place every time. So if you are playing a first person shooter against the computer for instance and you get shot at a certain point you know that when you get back to that point that "X" number of bad guys are going to jump out from behind that building or whatever and through repeating the process you know when and where they will be and that makes it easier to take them out. That doesn't happen on a multiplayer game. On a multiplayer game you are up against other human beings and human beings learn and adapt and are unpredictable so it's never the exact same game twice. Experience in playing multiplayer games will tell you that members of the other team are likely to hide in positions A, B, and C but there is no guarantee and unpredictability is always a factor. So essentially what you have realized even if you don't realize it, is that multiplayer online games offer more challenge and more enjoyment by virtue of the simple fact that they never play the same way twice.
javafriek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 javafriek
Member since 2008 • 752 Posts
You need to play a single player game that has alot of depth and reward in it. A game that you can just lose track of time playing.BlueWord
Either Bioshock or both of them, both of the Mass Effect titles, Red Dead Redemption, etc. There are some engrossing single player games out there that will give you a much better experience than any multiplayer.
Dawq902

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#19 Dawq902
Member since 2007 • 6796 Posts

Same thing has happend to me TC. But instead of 10minutes it is like 5 hours into a game. I hate just giving up on a game. Since xmas I have purchased Fallout:NV, Dead Space 2, Just Cause 2, and God of War 3 and have only beaten Just Cause 2. I am really trying to beat them all though it is just tough to get myself to play them.

piranha_inc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#20 piranha_inc
Member since 2005 • 1994 Posts
It's as Jurassic85 said you have to find a really good single player game
StoneWallAH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 StoneWallAH
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
You should check out Oblivion, Fallout, Dragon Age origins, Mass Effect etc. Good Rpg/ FPS that will keep you going for a long time.
whendidshecall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 whendidshecall
Member since 2011 • 33 Posts
i find single player to be a relaxing change of pace!! multiplayer i'm so tensed up about winning and all that jazz, that single player is nice to sit back on my couch, relax and enjoy a few hours of play. oblivion, fallout 3, portal, orange box, assassin's creed, mass effect. try these games, they are very engaging single player wise. =D
Ashley_wwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23 Ashley_wwe
Member since 2003 • 13412 Posts
you need to do is find a game with an epic single player campaign and no multiplayer. Its so awesome to sit there by yourself and work through those games, but you gotta find one that is interesting for you. Jurassic85
Yeah, that's what I was going to say :). While this gen is very heavily focused on the online multiplayer, there are actually quite a lot of games out there that have great single player campaigns too! If you still can't get back in to them, why not try some older platform games for a while? or try to find campaigns that are co-op via online multiplay, such as Gears of War. :)
QuellMyHeresy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 QuellMyHeresy
Member since 2010 • 29 Posts

I've always been an uber fan of single player games over multiplayer. I usually only enjoy multiplayer games that have simple gameplay (Call of Duty, Halo). I'm an avid roleplayer so any game where I can play a character I jump right in on. Oblivion and Fallout 3/New Vegas are my favorites but I've recently fallen in love with World of Keflings (Single player with jump-in multiplayer).

Overall, I can imagine it's a pain when you get stuck on one type of gameplay but if you allow yourself to find a story you enjoy then it'll help. Just read up on games that are out and see if there are any storylines that catch you. It might help to look at some indie games or lesser known ones, the ones that get hype mostly are sequels or multiplayer focused. Finding a good story isn't easy, especially since most games are shooting for graphics over story.

mohfrontline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 mohfrontline
Member since 2007 • 5678 Posts
depends on the game. I had fun with Oblivion and fallout 3. hundreds of solo hours playing those games.
rgsniper1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 rgsniper1
Member since 2003 • 9398 Posts

I'm not seeing what you mean by "something being wrong with you", some people like mp some people like single player. Play what you like when you want to and call it a day. If at some point you have the urge to go the other direction go for it until it no longer makes you happy. This prob. didn't help at all but it's the truth. I would imagine most gamers have gone through this (I have and still do) it's normal so just go with it.

chasingmaynard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27 chasingmaynard
Member since 2005 • 3416 Posts

The computer can't change the program so the bad guys are going to pop up in the same place every time. So if you are playing a first person shooter against the computer for instance and you get shot at a certain point you know that when you get back to that point that "X" number of bad guys are going to jump out from behind that building or whatever and through repeating the process you know when and where they will be and that makes it easier to take them out. Palehorse2211

This is why I love the L4D games. Not much repetition other than the layout of the levels, and even then any item or weapon pickups can be in different spots.

Plus with the L4D games the levels are actually scenarios that you can play just one at a time and still feel like you've accomplished something because they roll the credits at the end of each one.

Avatar image for LucidJubilation
LucidJubilation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 LucidJubilation
Member since 2010 • 1165 Posts

try Mass Effect 2 out. i ended up playing that game over and over like the Super Mario days. fun game with different endings and diologue every playthrough. u should give it a try.