Call of duty: world at war beta

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Puppetslayer28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Puppetslayer28
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Hey guys sorry if there is already a post like this but i need an answer, ok so here we go today i went to gamestop to preorder cod 5 to get into the beta i asked the guy if i had to give him my email so they send me the beta key when it comes out, but he said that they recive cards that have the code on them, and he said that they will call me to come pick it up. Is this true cause i havent heard about these cards.
Rampanterage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Rampanterage
Member since 2003 • 2215 Posts

COD World at War beta??? I had no idea they were gona release it.

slick360ster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 slick360ster
Member since 2007 • 328 Posts
Yah, they told me the same thing, so I really hope its true. Otherwise, some pimple-faced register jockey is gonna have to share in my misery.
187Mobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 187Mobster
Member since 2007 • 87 Posts
my friend told me it was canceled and their gonna put sum demo on the marketplace
Childeater10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 Childeater10
Member since 2006 • 3027 Posts

my friend told me it was canceled and their gonna put sum demo on the marketplace187Mobster

Nah it hasnt been cancelled. its starting sometime in mid October. Gamestop will get cards with redeemable codes on them so you can download the beta when it starts. They did the same thing for CoD4. It was different if you ordered it through there website. They emailed you the code instead.

nate_c-12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 nate_c-12
Member since 2008 • 3072 Posts
well im registered on callofduty.com so im good
DZBricktop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DZBricktop
Member since 2007 • 2914 Posts
I stopped pre-ordering anything from Gamestop since they stopped giving you the free stuff when you pay for it. The last 4 games i had pre-ordered that was supposed to come with free stuff, i never got because they kept saying they ran out. Pre-order freebies were supposed to reward consumers for the pre-ordering. They took the only thing that made pre-orders worth pre-ordering for, away. I mean seriously, has anyone ever gone to a store on launch day and they NOT have a copy of any game you want? What's the point now?
Nick-Nukem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Nick-Nukem

You can get a beta key here in a few days

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=254409

Just make a account and you'll be good to go.

TX360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#9 TX360
Member since 2008 • 4051 Posts
i wonder when the beta i coming?
Lanezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Lanezy
Member since 2004 • 2438 Posts
Apparently if you migrate your charlieoscardelta.com account to call of duty.com you'll be first priority in getting a beta key, which is exactly what I did. Even so, I'm sure if you just sign up now you'll still get a code.
LightColor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 LightColor
Member since 2006 • 2709 Posts
they said sumtin about the longer u have been registered the better chance u will have, i've registered sumtime around 07.. i think.. hope i get in! arg! :) and pre-ordering smelly :)
PS2Dude89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 PS2Dude89
Member since 2004 • 1747 Posts
Yeah it's true. It's the same with Banjo Kazooie. When you preorder Nuts and Bolts you will get a free card from Gamestop when they get them to download Banjo 1 2 weeks early. I guess COD: WaW is the same way.
teneazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 teneazy
Member since 2008 • 92 Posts
well im registered on callofduty.com so im goodnate_c-12
how do u register for the beta
DZBricktop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DZBricktop
Member since 2007 • 2914 Posts

Apparently if you migrate your charlieoscardelta.com account to call of duty.com you'll be first priority in getting a beta key, which is exactly what I did. Even so, I'm sure if you just sign up now you'll still get a code.Lanezy

How do you migrate your account over? CharlieOscarDelta redirects you to CallofDuty.com now and it won't let sign in over there with my old CharlieOscarDelta member id.

cinemax237

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 cinemax237
Member since 2005 • 390 Posts
Gamestop will not be getting cards to redeem for the beta. You have to give them your email address then they will send you a email with the code to get the beta. When you go preorder at gamestop store you give them your email address. It even says that on gamestop.com. I gave them my email address and I know people who work there and they have to take your email address to be in the beta and to get the weapon. Okay?
TFairbanks2983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 TFairbanks2983
Member since 2007 • 144 Posts

I stopped pre-ordering anything from Gamestop since they stopped giving you the free stuff when you pay for it. The last 4 games i had pre-ordered that was supposed to come with free stuff, i never got because they kept saying they ran out. Pre-order freebies were supposed to reward consumers for the pre-ordering. They took the only thing that made pre-orders worth pre-ordering for, away. I mean seriously, has anyone ever gone to a store on launch day and they NOT have a copy of any game you want? What's the point now?DZBricktop

True that on the "oh we ran out" garbage...more like we didn't get enough sent to us. The one store I went to had 50 preorders for the Force Unleashed and they only received 5 figures in a box to give out. So only 5 at the midnight sale got them. I would have been pissed

sToK3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 sToK3d
Member since 2006 • 418 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. Hopefully it will be as fun as the CoD4 beta was. I hope I don't forget to get a code from EUROGAMER.
COPARKS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 COPARKS
Do you have to pre-order through Gamespot? Or can you order through Bestbuy, Walmart, etc...?
kinger256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 kinger256
Member since 2005 • 1770 Posts
Do you have to pre-order through Gamespot? Or can you order through Bestbuy, Walmart, etc...?COPARKS
You have to preorder from gamestop or EBgames to get the Beta key, I think
COPARKS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 COPARKS
Thats what I thought, I accidently ordered it through Walmart and am now in the process of trying to cancel the order. It shouldn't be difficult being that it is not going to be shipped for another full month. Otherwise I will have 2 copies.