call of duty ghost pro help.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

squiggles_pro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 squiggles_pro
Member since 2011 • 91 Posts

i cant freaking destroy a sentry gun. ive only seen one recently and i couldnt get to it without dying. any suggestions?

LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 LustForSoul
Member since 2011 • 6404 Posts
Sentries shouldn't be able to see you. You sure you've got ghost pro on? A nade always does the trick btw.
Prophylactixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Prophylactixx
Member since 2010 • 130 Posts

Sentries shouldn't be able to see you. You sure you've got ghost pro on? A nade always does the trick btw.LustForSoul

He's referring to the 3rd part to unlocking Ghost Pro (Destroy 1 Sentry Gun using the Ghost Perk). As well, a sinlge grenade will not down a sentry turret, do you even play this game lol?

TC: I get the feeling you play a lot of hardcore game types. If so, try a few core matches. I play both pretty evenly and it appears to me more people use the sentry turrets in core game types as opposed to hardcore, given the number of people who use Ghost Pro in hardcore is significantly higher than core.

Also, you might try using 2x Concussion grenades as these will temporarily disable the turrets allowing you to get close and use the knife (the most efficent method to destroying a turret).

the05birdman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 the05birdman
Member since 2004 • 615 Posts

Yeah that one is pretty annoying just because not many people use sentry turrets. Forget grenades. When you see one, just sprint straight towards itand when you get close enough do a melee attack. On knife will drop the turret.

Gamerstevo666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 Gamerstevo666
Member since 2011 • 50 Posts
Sentries shouldn't be able to see you. You sure you've got ghost pro on? A nade always does the trick btw.LustForSoul
He wants to unlock ghost pro, normal ghost only makes you invisible to spy planes. Also, a grenade doesn't kill a sentry right away. I would suggest trying: 1.) Play objective game types. In my experience, I have found more sentrys when playing objective game types. 2.) Use sentry gun as YOUR killstreak, and throw it to the enemy or where they spawn. Then they should use it. 3.) Use concussion grenades to stun it or just try and flank it.
me_rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 me_rock
Member since 2004 • 2462 Posts

Jump into FFA with the killstreak on and throw it down somewhere in the open, someone will try to get it. When they do follow them around and destroy it when they put it down.

SouL-Tak3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 SouL-Tak3R
Member since 2005 • 4024 Posts

Just use hacker, so you will be able to see them in red from across the map. It gives you an edge, you will get it eventually. I've destroyed plenty of sentry guns.

squiggles_pro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 squiggles_pro

ok thankyou for the suggestions, the sentry guns dont kill me people camp and gaurd it lol. but i will try objestive game types with hacker if i cant find one ill just make it my kil streak and try to follow whoever steals it. i just hope my own team mate doesnt take it. it seems like a pain in the ass to follow an enemy into his side of the map but ill try it.

Avatar image for dragonslayerssj
dragonslayerssj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 dragonslayerssj
Member since 2003 • 1974 Posts
Just a side note here but if you want to destroy a sentry gun from afar you can also hit them with a tamahawk. Works same as the knife which is nice.
squiggles_pro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 squiggles_pro

Just a side note here but if you want to destroy a sentry gun from afar you can also hit them with a tamahawk. Works same as the knife which is nice. dragonslayerssj

*awarded most helpful comment*

Myrkwood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Myrkwood
Member since 2010 • 83 Posts
Use tomahawks or the LAW. Pretty easy 1hit kills from range. At least in my experience it's 1hit. You can shoot one with a LAW and shoot it with your gun if you have to. Another tip would be to use Hacker as your third perk, as it will show you where a turret is all the way across a map.
Jurassic85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Jurassic85
Member since 2010 • 2191 Posts
I also think RC cars destroy sentry guns.
LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 LustForSoul
Member since 2011 • 6404 Posts

[QUOTE="LustForSoul"]Sentries shouldn't be able to see you. You sure you've got ghost pro on? A nade always does the trick btw.Prophylactixx

He's referring to the 3rd part to unlocking Ghost Pro (Destroy 1 Sentry Gun using the Ghost Perk). As well, a sinlge grenade will not down a sentry turret, do you even play this game lol?

TC: I get the feeling you play a lot of hardcore game types. If so, try a few core matches. I play both pretty evenly and it appears to me more people use the sentry turrets in core game types as opposed to hardcore, given the number of people who use Ghost Pro in hardcore is significantly higher than core.

Also, you might try using 2x Concussion grenades as these will temporarily disable the turrets allowing you to get close and use the knife (the most efficent method to destroying a turret).

I've killed enough of 'em with semtex's but whatever.