Call me a cash cow all you want, but I'm getting that Elite!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

earvcunanan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 earvcunanan
Member since 2005 • 298 Posts
Ok so maybe I'm not such a cash cow. I'm going to sell my 3 month old Xbox 360 with HDD and wireless controller. First off, how would I go about transfering my data from my current HDD to the 120 GB HDD version? I'd like to keep all of my games, demos, trailers, etc. Most importanly, my gamer tag!
Avatar image for aSOUNDofREVENGE
aSOUNDofREVENGE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 aSOUNDofREVENGE
Member since 2005 • 895 Posts
you never lose your gamertag for one, you can recover it on any harddrive and play it from any 360, now for your game saves the best way would be to buy the data transfer kit that is already out and transfer all the files to your computer and save them there til you get ur new 360 and you can then transfer them back to your new harddrive
earvcunanan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 earvcunanan

Thanks for the info, but where can I buy that data transfer kit?

peacebringer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#4 peacebringer
Member since 2006 • 3371 Posts
Ok so maybe I'm not such a cash cow. I'm going to sell my 3 month old Xbox 360 with HDD and wireless controller. First off, how would I go about transfering my data from my current HDD to the 120 GB HDD version? I'd like to keep all of my games, demos, trailers, etc. Most importanly, my gamer tag!earvcunanan
not sure but if you put your harddrive on another xbox will it show your files. if so MS said the 120 gb sold seperately would be able to switch over the Memeroy from the 20 gb, so maybe if you buy an elite put it in your old xbox switch over the memory and put it back the the elite it'll work. not sure but if you can take a xbox 360 harddrive and put it in any Xbox 360 and it'll show your gametag and all your stfuff then it should work.
Cabal23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 Cabal23
Member since 2003 • 1268 Posts
What exactly is your purpose for getting the new Elite?
HeadHunter123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 HeadHunter123
Member since 2005 • 999 Posts
I haven't bought a 360 yet, i will have the moeny soon, but should i go ahead and save up for the elite?
wii60_lukatoll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 wii60_lukatoll
Member since 2007 • 1076 Posts
I haven't bought a 360 yet, i will have the moeny soon, but should i go ahead and save up for the elite?HeadHunter123
same here... trying to decide if i should get the elite or not...
PlayaCDubb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 PlayaCDubb
Member since 2003 • 440 Posts
Transfering your game saves wouldnt be the biggest consern in my mind. My problem is the paid for xbl arcade titles and other xbl paid for content. Those wont work on the newer console unless you're connect to xbl cuz the content is registered to your old console
earvcunanan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 earvcunanan
Transfering your game saves wouldnt be the biggest consern in my mind. My problem is the paid for xbl arcade titles and other xbl paid for content. Those wont work on the newer console unless you're connect to xbl cuz the content is registered to your old consolePlayaCDubb
Don't worry, I'm always online on my Xbox 360. I have a full year of Gold paid off.
jackle2071

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 jackle2071
Member since 2004 • 5477 Posts
I haven't bought a 360 yet, i will have the moeny soon, but should i go ahead and save up for the elite?HeadHunter123
why not only 80 bucks more.
atomD21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 atomD21
Member since 2004 • 1116 Posts
If you have the money and want the elite, go ahead and get it.  If you think the thing is a huge waste and you're perfectly happy with your original 360, don't get it.  at the time the original 360 was released, 20GB was the most cost effective size for the HDD, and like the MS guy in the IGN article says, HDMI wasn't even done when they were developing the 360.  Basically, MS adapted to newer tech, sorry if that upsets anyone, but that would be like slamming Nintendo for redesigning the DS and adding brighter screens and fixing the fugly design of the original.  They listened to what consumers were asking for and when the upgrades were more cost effective, they did it.  If they had done this last year, they would have really screwed up and the thing would have cost around $550-$600, thus putting it up there with the PS3.  Personally, I'm excited about the bigger HDD, but I do hope they release one with the colorscheme of the original, as I think a black HDD would look pretty stupid on my white 360...
XL70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 XL70
Member since 2004 • 1196 Posts
Personally, I'm excited about the bigger HDD, but I do hope they release one with the colorscheme of the original, as I think a black HDD would look pretty stupid on my white 360...atomD21
I think you'll find your current "white" HDD is actually grey... and so is the new 120GB model. No colour problems there.
XL70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 XL70
Member since 2004 • 1196 Posts

Thanks for the info, but where can I buy that data transfer kit?

earvcunanan
Here's one