Buying Xbox download game from Gamestop?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

a1kemist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 a1kemist
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Gamestop has the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1989 download listed on their website for $4.99. The game is no longer available through the Xbox live marketplace. Is the game safe to buy from Gamestop? Seems like Gamestop will send a code through email and it says that no refunds will be provided. http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/games/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-1989-classic-arcade-dlc/87600
Avatar image for silentnightmere
silentnightmere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 silentnightmere
Member since 2009 • 1520 Posts
If it's not available on the marketplace then I have no idea. I mean they'll give you a code like you said but is the code expired is the question. I'd say give Microsoft a call. I mean gamestop could have been lazy and not taken it down when the game went down. OR Maybe MS only wants it sold via a code. I doubt it but you never know.
Avatar image for Gandalf_Da_Grey
Gandalf_Da_Grey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Gandalf_Da_Grey
Member since 2004 • 1144 Posts

Well, I found this:http://digiex.net/downloads/download-center-2-0/xbox-360-content/delisted-marketplace-content/8210-list-delisted-xbox-live-arcade-games-xbla-xbox-live-marketplace.html

Apparently that game has been removed from XBL.

tjoeb123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 tjoeb123
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts
Gamestop is bad about keeping up with what is and isn't available on the Marketplace. If you really want it, I would say take the plunge, and if the content is no longer available (and make sure that's what the error message says), then contact GameStop CS about it and they may actually give you a refund because it's beyond their control.
a1kemist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 a1kemist
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
I took the chance and bought it off of Gamestop. The code was active with no issues, downloaded and tested. With all their legal mumbo jumbo, it really makes me leary to buy DLC from them.
Flamingpostman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 Flamingpostman
Member since 2006 • 1172 Posts

not sure i dont think its available anymore.

Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts

Even though it might not be listed anymore, the game is still there. It's just that people without codes can't purchase it anymore. If you have a code or alright bought it and want to redownload it, you won't have any problems.