Buying a refurbished Xbox 360

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BIGSUMO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 BIGSUMO
Member since 2007 • 26 Posts
Hey everyone, it's been awhile since I've posted in GS forums. Anyway, a guy at my work had a 360 core and he got RROD shortly after Halo3 came out. Instead of waiting to get his original box back, he went and bought an elite. His core has come back and he's selling it for $160 with a few accessories, namely 3rd party cooling fan, wireless adapter, and a headset. I think 160 is a great deal and I am sure that I'll have fun with the 360 but I'm worried about recurring RROD's. What are the chances of this happening again after sending it in and getting it back? He had sent it away about a month ago and got it back last week and I'm in Canada, if geographic location for repairs makes a difference. He had a 3 year warranty on it and there's still 1 year left.
Jericho721

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Jericho721
Member since 2007 • 700 Posts
from what i heard theres a really, really low chance on having another RROD of the same console if it has been repaired by microsoft
BIGSUMO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 BIGSUMO
I guess I should also ask whether or not you guys think I should grab this while I can or if I should go for a higher-end model. Thanks for all the feedback, by the way. This RROD issue has had me hesitating for a while now because I DO want the console.
pittongkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 pittongkid
Member since 2007 • 606 Posts
A tough decision for that situation. But if like you said the unit came back repaired by M$, then I'd go with it simply it would suck real bad for you to buy the latest one and suffer the RRoD. But its a core right? Then you would still need the hard drive if you want to go on live, not necessary though but might as well get it if you plan to get XBL.
BIGSUMO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 BIGSUMO
Oh, I forgot to mention that. There is a 20gb harddrive too! I totally plan on getting XBL and I'm looking forward to it more than ever. 160 isn't that much and if I like it and it craps out I'm sure I won't have an issue with getting a higher-end model. Thanks much for the feedback, you two! It is greatly appreciated!
pittongkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 pittongkid
Member since 2007 • 606 Posts

Oh, I forgot to mention that. There is a 20gb harddrive too! BIGSUMO

That's it. You found a winner.

BigJackass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BigJackass
Member since 2007 • 304 Posts
i got a new console from microsoft and it crapped on me
beefdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 beefdog
Member since 2004 • 9185 Posts

[QUOTE="BIGSUMO"]Oh, I forgot to mention that. There is a 20gb harddrive too! pittongkid

That's it. You found a winner.

Yep, your basically getting a 360 premium for $160, go for it.