Busted analog stick

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MaxXxKRISHxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 MaxXxKRISHxX
Member since 2008 • 39 Posts

last night i made the error of spilling beer on my elite controller :( whats more in my drunken stupidity i simply wiped it all off and continued to use it.

it seemed funny at the time that i couldn't zoom, melee, reload or switch weapons. i tried it this morning and the only button that don't work is the right stick. it moves fine but clicking it doesn't. it makes the clicking sound and feels right but doesn't respond .

so have any of you guys had a similar experience? should i get a new one or could it be repaired?

McSkurvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 McSkurvy
Member since 2009 • 238 Posts

last night i made the error of spilling beer on my elite controller :( whats more in my drunken stupidity i simply wiped it all off and continued to use it.

it seemed funny at the time that i couldn't zoom, melee, reload or switch weapons. i tried it this morning and the only button that don't work is the right stick. it moves fine but clicking it doesn't. it makes the clicking sound and feels right but doesn't respond .

so have any of you guys had a similar experience? should i get a new one or could it be repaired?

MaxXxKRISHxX
Well, how I'm "experienced" in breaking controllers and such, I'd say if you take it apart and see if there is any liquid inside or not. If there is just get something to wipe it out and if not then I would say just buy a new one. You can probably get one for around 25$ now... but that all depends on where you live.
MaxXxKRISHxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MaxXxKRISHxX

new controllers are £30 where i live and that's pretty expensive for 2nd year uni student lol. i guess i'll have a crack at fixing it myself or pray that it dries out soon

McSkurvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 McSkurvy
Member since 2009 • 238 Posts

new controllers are £30 where i live and that's pretty expensive for 2nd year uni student lol. i guess i'll have a crack at fixing it myself or pray that it dries out soon

MaxXxKRISHxX

Could always take a blow dryer to it. Make sure its on the low setting though. Don't want to risk TOTALLY frying the controller. :roll:

MaxXxKRISHxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MaxXxKRISHxX

I've got a strange feeling that heating it with a blow dryer could give it RROD :P