bots on halo 3 good or bad idea?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

zeroproyect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 zeroproyect
Member since 2005 • 465 Posts
i think bungie should add them. just like shadowrun for those who dont have live or cant pay gold membership but still want to enjoy the multiplayer on halo 3 .. not only with 4 controllers but with more AI characters up to 16 players in a game. i think its a good idea i dont see the negative side of that.. what do you think?
wreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 wreak
Member since 2005 • 4645 Posts
bungie doesn't use bots in games caus they become to predictable, even on the hardest setting you can still end up winning every time once you get good at the game. human players on the other hand all react differently from one another and ontop of that they learn. if you don't have a live account maybe this will be a good chance to ressurect the spirit of halo 1 w/ H3 lan partys?
BreakingPoint8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 BreakingPoint8
Member since 2007 • 3347 Posts
I thought that they announced that they were going to have bots? If not I hope so, Bots in Timesplitters were always fun.
Rickettsz0780

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Rickettsz0780
Member since 2006 • 152 Posts
see i also believe that they could be good and bad but i think with all of the technolgoy that we have out there right now i believe that they could end up pulling it off right, i agree with wreak they do become very predictable but if someone is good enough to be able to be beating them on the hardest difficulty they probally play to much and already have live i always thought that it was fun with bots cause if you only had just one friend it kinda sucks for both because of the inevitable fact that people are screen lookers.
wreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 wreak
no i'm pretty sure bungie is just straight up against bots....
mother_farter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 mother_farter
Member since 2003 • 16676 Posts
i dont see any problem with putting them in the game. i think it would be cool especially if you go over a friends house that dosent have live or something and you want to play multiplayer
Heistenfaust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 Heistenfaust
Member since 2006 • 344 Posts
There is not satisfaction gained in teabagging a bot, so keep em out I say.
Rentago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#8 Rentago
Member since 2006 • 1543 Posts
would open awesome gameplay. Imagine 2 teams, one defending the base, who is composed of 8 spartans, then SURVIVAL MODE! THOUSANDS OF FLOODLINGS AND CRAP RUSH THE BASE! You shoot relentlessly trying to kill the masses while keeping them from breaching the walls. As you die we can screw the idiot who came up with that zombie gametype in halo2 because it was crap and actualy make it turn you into a flood thus trying to kill off your friends. It would be awesome, survive 15 minutes and get a Die Hard achievement :D Then afterwards join a regular ranked match and get lots of this:
o_sausage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 o_sausage
Member since 2006 • 5919 Posts
I'd be Ok with them as long as they stay off of XBL, like wreak said they become predictable after awhile and would end up hurting, not helping your team when ou go on live with and play against people who devote their lives to the game
wreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 wreak
if you go to a friends house that doesn't have live, just play some split screen. i find that some of the funnest matches i have played have been one on one split screen at a friends house. and well if you complain about screen watching you seem to forget that you can both do it and probably are, so it kinda adds to the crazyness!
rdo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 rdo
Member since 2004 • 10314 Posts

it depends on how it's implimented and the ai used. sure humans can learn to predict a bots actions, but the bot can be programmed to try other actions at random and use those actions with the best results. a memory could be added to keep track of what humans do. the ai could also auto adjust the dificulty to stay competative.

unreal is a good example. in ut3 it should be hard to tell the bots from human players. on the pc you could creat new ai's. you could download new ones for the previouse uts. and they aren't anti bot, all the enemies in single player are basically bots. they just dont have them in multiplayer. and ai can learn. turn ten uses a learning neral net for it's ai. i think they freeze it (static, non learning) before they put it out at retail. but it does learn in the studio, but if it makes a mistake or does something random which has posative results it will repeat what it did. it wasn't taught to break check (touch the brakes slightly to make a drafting car think they are going to hit you causing them to slow down excessivly or swerve off line), but it does it. ai today is better than it used to be. it's getting more adaptive than just a scripted sequence.