Borderlands/Rage

This topic is locked from further discussion.

wetsandman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 wetsandman
Member since 2007 • 79 Posts

When I first saw this game i thought it looked like a great game. This was way back when they first announced it. I was excited for this game until a read a while back that they were changing the graphics. When I saw the pictures of the new cartoonish graphics I was pissed. I dont know why they did this but it was really a letdown for me. They have cool things in this game, like the million different weapons or whatever, vehicles, enimies etc. All hope is lost on this game for me.

Thankfully Rage is coming out. It already looks better then the original idea of Borderlands. This game is going to be amazing. I think Rage will outdo Borderlands big time, and will be better then Fallout 3. Fallout 3 was another great game but Rage is going beyond Fallout 3. For one, Rage will have multiplayer which might have to be on a second disc, thats how big this game is going to be.

Bl3ss_The_F4ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Bl3ss_The_F4ll
Member since 2009 • 190 Posts

When I first saw this game i thought it looked like a great game. This was way back when they first announced it. I was excited for this game until a read a while back that they were changing the graphics. When I saw the pictures of the new cartoonish graphics I was pissed. I dont know why they did this but it was really a letdown for me. They have cool things in this game, like the million different weapons or whatever, vehicles, enimies etc. All hope is lost on this game for me.

Thankfully Rage is coming out. It already looks better then the original idea of Borderlands. This game is going to be amazing. I think Rage will outdo Borderlands big time, and will be better then Fallout 3. Fallout 3 was another great game but Rage is going beyond Fallout 3. For one, Rage will have multiplayer which might have to be on a second disc, thats how big this game is going to be.

wetsandman
Rage "might" have multiplayer it's TBA. Unless they announced it...
Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

It's hard to compare. Rage is a shooter through and through. Borderlands is a Shooter/RPG hybrid. Fallout 3 is an RPG with FPS elements.

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts

Are you seriously saying that the graphics of a game is preventing you from buying it? Wow...

wetsandman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 wetsandman
Rage will be a multiplayer they announced like a month ago. Rage will have RPG elements to it.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

The art style of Borderlands puts it past Rage just for starters

Borderlands is bringing something new to the table, that gets my vote

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Jaysonguy

Are you seriously saying that the graphics of a game is preventing you from buying it? Wow...

craigalan23

Especially when the graphics are better then it's competitors

Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Phoenix534

craigalan23

I know. Graphics < Everything else about a game.

wetsandman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 wetsandman
Ya im not buying it because of the graphics. Now if the graphics were decent but looked normal then i would get it. Why would i get a game with the kind of graphics that i hate and have to stare at them?
craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 craigalan23

[QUOTE="craigalan23"]

Jaysonguy

Especially when the graphics are better then it's competitors

That's true I prefer something different instead of the incredibly "original" realistic graphics that most games seem to have nowadays. I miss the graphics from older games they were always so awesome.
Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Phoenix534

Ya im not buying it because of the graphics. Now if the graphics were decent but looked normal then i would get it. Why would i get a game with the kind of graphics that i hate and have to stare at them?wetsandman

Because of the gameplay and story.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Jaysonguy

Ya im not buying it because of the graphics. Now if the graphics were decent but looked normal then i would get it. Why would i get a game with the kind of graphics that i hate and have to stare at them?wetsandman

Borderlands is the better looking game

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 craigalan23
Why not at least rent the game? Seriously when I'm enjoying a game it can be ugly as sin yet it can still be a lot of fun.
wetsandman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 wetsandman
I will rent it sure but no way i will buy. As for the better looking game, Rage is just look at it.
PsiCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 PsiCrisis
Member since 2009 • 216 Posts

You're not really going to know if either is better than the other until you play through the game yourself. Fallout 3, Borderlands, Rage are all just variations on a post apocalyptic shooter/rpg. A lot of it is just going to come down to personal preference I bet, and I loved Fallout 3 and the other 2 both look good from what I've seen so far.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Jaysonguy

I will rent it sure but no way i will buy. As for the better looking game, Rage is just look at it.wetsandman

Not at all

Rage looks like the same old thing.

Borderlands on the other hand looks perfect, not a pixel out of place and nothing else looks like it this gen

Borderlands by far is the superior looking game

wetsandman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 wetsandman
Well I know i wont like Borderlands because the graphics will just annoy me. Fallout I really liked and I know I will like Rage.
Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Phoenix534

[QUOTE="wetsandman"]I will rent it sure but no way i will buy. As for the better looking game, Rage is just look at it.Jaysonguy

Not at all

Rage looks like the same old thing.

Borderlands on the other hand looks perfect, not a pixel out of place and nothing else looks like it this gen

Borderlands by far is the superior looking game

Agreed. Also, why are the majority of games this gen filled with gun metal grey and dirt brown? And blood red.

LeFeverBeaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 LeFeverBeaver
Member since 2009 • 271 Posts
You know the kind of graphics I don't like? The ones that kick me in the groin, box my ears, and then urinate on my open wounds (jellyfish stings notwithstanding); basically, graphics are only important if they hinder gameplay. To be vehemently against a game is pretty weird and unproductive. Or perhaps it's the most ballin' and forward thinking thing on the planet... you might just be on to something there, guy :) Nah I don't really care how you live your life, I'm just bored at work wanting to talk about about video games lol.
wetsandman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 wetsandman
To me Borderlands looks like i am watching Cartoon Network.
DarkGamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DarkGamer007
Member since 2008 • 6033 Posts

craigalan23

I think Borderlands looks better with the Cell Shading, but the above comment is right, you are going to miss out on a great game.

Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Phoenix534

To me Borderlands looks like i am watching Cartoon Network. wetsandman

At least it doesn't look like the inside of a tin can filled with dirt. Like most games this gen. Yes. I'm talking about YOU Gears of War. Yes, YOU!

LeFeverBeaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 LeFeverBeaver
Member since 2009 • 271 Posts
What are you talking about? Cartoon network is AWESOME!!!! I think you're forgetting that, though comparatively one may be better than the other, ultimately they BOTH rock balls compared to what we used to have to deal with.
wetsandman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 wetsandman
This is my opinion. Thats cool that you like Borderlands, it will be a good game but it would always bother me playing the game with the graphics I hate.
Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Phoenix534

This is my opinion. Thats cool that you like Borderlands, it will be a good game but it would always bother me playing the game with the graphics I hate.wetsandman

But, if it has gameplay and story, then grpahics don't really matter. I was able to play hours of Fallout 3, despite my hating the graphics.

NintendoGamer3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 NintendoGamer3
Member since 2008 • 2848 Posts
Im getting both, so it doesn't matter.
Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Phoenix534

Im getting both, so it doesn't matter.NintendoGamer3

So am I. Especially considering Rage's release date is still TBA

DPhunkT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 DPhunkT
Member since 2008 • 1803 Posts
I think the graphic change was a right move by Gearbox. It's colorful, fresh, and cell shade isn't used much. I'll pick it up on day one.
chaoz-king

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#29 chaoz-king
Member since 2005 • 5956 Posts
Borderlands looks much better IMO. I don't think I'm even buying Rage.
XxChicagoTedXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 XxChicagoTedXx
Member since 2009 • 407 Posts

Something tells me you wouldn't like TF2 even though it is one of the best shooters to date...

As for rage it is a TB in size (1000 GB) so it should be big even if that is decompressed.

DarkGamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 DarkGamer007
Member since 2008 • 6033 Posts

[QUOTE="wetsandman"]Ya im not buying it because of the graphics. Now if the graphics were decent but looked normal then i would get it. Why would i get a game with the kind of graphics that i hate and have to stare at them?XxChicagoTedXx

Something tells me you wouldn't like TF2 even though it is one of the best shooters to date...

As for rage it is a TB in size (1000 GB) so it should be big even if that is decompressed.

That is just insanity right there, I swear to god this game is going to blow up every console and computer it touches. :o

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 craigalan23

[QUOTE="NintendoGamer3"]Im getting both, so it doesn't matter.Phoenix534

So am I. Especially considering Rage's release date is still TBA

I am also getting both but I'm more excited about Borderlands.
dylanmcc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 dylanmcc
Member since 2008 • 2512 Posts

The art style of Borderlands puts it past Rage just for starters

Borderlands is bringing something new to the table, that gets my vote

Jaysonguy

Exactly. I didn't know what this game was until the graphics change.
The new art direction they chose is SO, SO much better than the original direction.

archvile_78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 archvile_78
Member since 2007 • 8438 Posts

Getting both as well, tho personally i think Borderland will have the biggest replay value. Simply because of the 4 players coop.

megamadman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 megamadman5
Member since 2006 • 725 Posts
the graphics are so much better then they were before, before it was so generic. as a comic book fan, im loving these new graphics, because its completey unique and original, and im glad they took the risk. borderlands graphics are fun, instead of the dreary dark, cliche normal graphics
Hailfire704

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#36 Hailfire704
Member since 2009 • 729 Posts

I love the new graphics in Borderlands, they're awesome! I don't see how a games graphics could in any way not make me buy a game that looks amazing. I think Borderlands will blow Rage out of the water.

And as a side note, the graphics in Rage seem to be a little cartoon-ish, whereas Borderlands is cell shaded, like a comic book(well, a stereotypical comic book).