Borderlands 2: Pirates Booty offline issues

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Pippin_Took89 (25 posts) -
Apparently once you go offline, or unplug the console from the internet everything from the DLC goes away. I don't know why, but it's making my boyfriend mad, which in turn is irritating me. I just lost all the stuff I had (a shield or two, some guns and a relic), I for one really don't care but my bf takes it seriously and starts to throw stuff. Anyways, my question is, how do I fix it? Could the data for the DLC be corrupted and I just don't know it? Either way, it's annoying and any help would be welcome :)
#2 Posted by daniel79 (509 posts) -

Apparently once you go offline, or unplug the console from the internet everything from the DLC goes away. I don't know why, but it's making my boyfriend mad, which in turn is irritating me. I just lost all the stuff I had (a shield or two, some guns and a relic), I for one really don't care but my bf takes it seriously and starts to throw stuff. Anyways, my question is, how do I fix it? Could the data for the DLC be corrupted and I just don't know it? Either way, it's annoying and any help would be welcome :)Pippin_Took89

Your boyfriend sounds like the making of a lunatic, I'd get out now and save yourself a headache that will no doubt come in a few years time.throwing stuff around the room because of a game? good luck with that...

But in regards to your problem, some games allow you to use DLC offline, I know for a fact Mass Effect 2 does not, and I think Test Drive unlimited 2 does to a degree. So it may be the same for this game. The fifth character did work offline for me, mechramancer is it? But I haven't personally bought anything else for Borderlands 2.

#3 Posted by TTDog (3368 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pippin_Took89"]Apparently once you go offline, or unplug the console from the internet everything from the DLC goes away. I don't know why, but it's making my boyfriend mad, which in turn is irritating me. I just lost all the stuff I had (a shield or two, some guns and a relic), I for one really don't care but my bf takes it seriously and starts to throw stuff. Anyways, my question is, how do I fix it? Could the data for the DLC be corrupted and I just don't know it? Either way, it's annoying and any help would be welcome :)daniel79

Your boyfriend sounds like the making of a lunatic, I'd get out now and save yourself a headache that will no doubt come in a few years time.throwing stuff around the room because of a game? good luck with that...

But in regards to your problem, some games allow you to use DLC offline, I know for a fact Mass Effect 2 does not, and I think Test Drive unlimited 2 does to a degree. So it may be the same for this game. The fifth character did work offline for me, mechramancer is it? But I haven't personally bought anything else for Borderlands 2.

Total and Utter Nonsense... I was able to play all the ME2 DLC offline with no issues in the slightest.

The only issues I've ever had playing DLC offline were down to a licence issue, I'd downloaded them on an old machine and hadn't switched the licence to my new one... in Oblivion this meant when I loaded a game that had been saved with my character in The Shivering Isles the game transported me back to the main game and the last town I'd been in there.

#4 Posted by daniel79 (509 posts) -

[QUOTE="daniel79"]

[QUOTE="Pippin_Took89"]Apparently once you go offline, or unplug the console from the internet everything from the DLC goes away. I don't know why, but it's making my boyfriend mad, which in turn is irritating me. I just lost all the stuff I had (a shield or two, some guns and a relic), I for one really don't care but my bf takes it seriously and starts to throw stuff. Anyways, my question is, how do I fix it? Could the data for the DLC be corrupted and I just don't know it? Either way, it's annoying and any help would be welcome :)TTDog

Total and Utter Nonsense... I was able to play all the ME2 DLC offline with no issues in the slightest.

The only issues I've ever had playing DLC offline were down to a licence issue, I'd downloaded them on an old machine and hadn't switched the licence to my new one... in Oblivion this meant when I loaded a game that had been saved with my character in The Shivering Isles the game transported me back to the main game and the last town I'd been in there.

Must of played a different Mass Effect 2 to me then. I couldnt play the Normandy crash site, Zaeed or the Firewalker pack after I downloaded them and then cut the connection to Live. I ended up just deleting them as I dont normally deal in content that requires to be always online. Not very future proof to me so I just didnt bother with it.

And I've never switched Licences. Must of bugged out on me somewhere down the line, very odd if what you say is true. I'll have to look into this, strange.

#5 Posted by TTDog (3368 posts) -

[QUOTE="TTDog"]

[QUOTE="daniel79"]

daniel79

Must of played a different Mass Effect 2 to me then. I couldnt play the Normandy crash site, Zaeed or the Firewalker pack after I downloaded them and then cut the connection to Live. I ended up just deleting them as I dont normally deal in content that requires to be always online. Not very future proof to me so I just didnt bother with it.

And I've never switched Licences. Must of bugged out on me somewhere down the line, very odd if what you say is true. I'll have to look into this, strange.

Must be bugged... I never used a permanent connection until recently and never had a problem playing offline.