Blacksite poor game design..needs these fixes fast !!!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Vanine_28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Vanine_28
Member since 2007 • 572 Posts

Hello all

The characters are way to small in the game. Doors and buildings look huge in comparision to your character.

Stand beside the Slushy Machine in the convience store and you'll see what i mean. It looks wierd. Bad Charecter Developement. They look good when your up close when you can see the texures on the face  but the characters are way to small. The need to increase there size by at least 25%.

These are solders not kids.!!

Also... the sleek wet look is good but does everything have to have the same wet surface texture. i know consistancy with the envirment is important but objets that are wet look different on other surfaces. they need to introduce more water based or wet surface texures to the envirment. 

LobaFett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 LobaFett
Member since 2007 • 287 Posts
they will iron all that out before release, it plays pretty sweet though
Cujo31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Cujo31
Member since 2002 • 2884 Posts
I shot at the gas prices in a fit when i first played this demo....then one of the characters say, " I hate those prices too" or something like that, it was creepy, the devs put that there for sure for a good laugh.
bass_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 bass_11
Member since 2006 • 494 Posts
i dunno, the main thing i noticed when i played the demo was how bored i was.....and thats not a good sign for me
Staryoshi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#5 Staryoshi87
Member since 2003 • 12760 Posts
The game is not due until september, they have time to fix things. Also, this isn't f'ing gears of war, where everyone looks like retarded steroid-users.
MyopicCanadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#6 MyopicCanadian
Member since 2004 • 8345 Posts

i dunno, the main thing i noticed when i played the demo was how bored i was.....and thats not a good sign for mebass_11

How do you get bored in a five minute demo?  I have some pretty hardcore ADD and even *I* find that hard to believe.

larsao3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 larsao3
Member since 2005 • 80 Posts
The game got boring after about five minutes for me.. And the demo was WAY to similar to the Gears of War map with the gas station and the car.. But the WORST thing about the demo was the AWFUL framerates.. Barely playable..
bobflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 bobflash
Member since 2003 • 202 Posts

what concerns me are the limited break animations. As far as I could tell all the glass breaks the same way, bullets smudge into a fake a collision wall when firing rounds at the concrete, even simple things like making the bottles of mystery liquid in the back store room need to be addressed, i.e. nothing really happens when you shoot at them, they just move a little or fall on the floor. They should burst open, or sprout streams of liquid, all in all this is so far a flashy experience with no real depth to the world just yet.

As for the water... great animation on the gun, but you arm just looks shiny as opposed to actually wet, what's up with that? And if this is actually using the same game/physics engine as Stranglehold then I hope it doesn't have the same problems, I've been looking something to scratch my max payne ich and Stranglehold looked the fit the bill.

Vanine_28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Vanine_28
Member since 2007 • 572 Posts

At first impression I'd say the game is heading in the right direction, however the initial game play was uninspired at best and lack a sertun next gen feel to it. Seeing that we are heading into a complete war zone filled with halo 3 crazed players you have to ask yourself were dose a game like this stand. If you ask me its going to have some very tuff competition come release date. Seeing that there strategy may be to release early to by pass the onslot of halo 3 and half-life  fans may also mean the game may get cut backs and possibly suffer from optimization  and content as well.(I only say that because I did notice some FPS issues when things got hairy)

I wish it the best but realistically this game has to create something that's a little bit more inspired to catch the average user attention.  From a visual stand point the game does look good, but that's not going to make a game, although it does help. Let's just hope that in  4 months they can cram some re-texureizing into the characters.  "Fingers crossed "

Bobflash

I see what your saying about the arm, it does look kind of  blaa. You're also right about the animation, way to limiting there's definitely not enough going on there. You were mentioning your max payne itch; I thought it was kind of funny that you mentioned that because I think I know what you mean. Shooter games need that great story to pull you into the game, its apart of what emursifys you into it. To think a game at least 3 or 4 years old now still to this day leaves its mark. Not because of anything else but it sheer drama and adrenaline rush, got to know what happens next game play. It felt like you were Max Payne.

I tip my hat to you Max .

Thank you to everyone that has responded to this post  : )

pls keep the info coming

Falco-88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Falco-88
Member since 2005 • 233 Posts
this game was really laggy and it froze twice already but even with all ov that i still kinda liked it
_Stuff_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 _Stuff_
Member since 2004 • 1244 Posts
The only real problem is the awful framerate. It's far too early to tell what the game's like.
jameeler91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jameeler91
Member since 2006 • 1312 Posts

they will iron all that out before release, it plays pretty sweet thoughLobaFett

yea after all it is just a demo

theyll polish it up and everything before release obviously

IMO it was a pretty good demo , besides the fact that it was only 5 min.

redicheeb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 redicheeb
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

blocky characters, check

stiff controlls, needs to be more fluid, check

bad proportioning, check

Area 51 for the x-box was an awsome, smooth title 

this looks like a step backwards. Seems to me that they are trying to compete with "Fall of Man" as far as mood and atmosphere, but are falling waaaaaay short.

hope they tighten it up. 

Avatar image for killerzombieman
killerzombieman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#14 killerzombieman
Member since 2007 • 307 Posts
i thought the demo was interesting.. and kinda left me wanting more.. so i liked.. im probably gonna by the full version when its released
xd4v3x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 xd4v3x
Member since 2004 • 35 Posts
it was a cool DEMO
Avatar image for Goldeneyemaster
Goldeneyemaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Goldeneyemaster
Member since 2003 • 6906 Posts
Blacksite has much more serious problems than those.  The gameplay itself is horrible IMO.
-MlKE-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#17 -MlKE-
Member since 2007 • 1796 Posts
The game seemed pretty good to me but the only problems I had with the demo was that the framerate was awful and you die way too easily.
lantus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#18 lantus
Member since 2006 • 10591 Posts

I'm not sure about this game, the concept sure sounds good, but the game isn't doing as much as it could, like the aiming and movement it feels way too lose and way too much aim assist. I really don't see this game getting over an 8.6, but in the graphics department they got that locked down except for some framerate issues they're pretty much good to go.

mother_farter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#19 mother_farter
Member since 2003 • 16676 Posts
yeah this game really does need to be dixed..i dont know why people were saying it was so amazing the framerate sucks so bad
xFifty1ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 xFifty1ne
Member since 2006 • 722 Posts
This is proof that releasing a demo isn't always a good thing.  I can't believe some people are actually critisizing it like it's already a released title.  LOL, i mean even one guy was talking in detail about bullets hitting concrete....LMAO.  Wow...these devs release a demo just to give you a taste...just something to let you know they're working on the game and this is only a little bit of what it will be like.  It's disgusting how young gamers don't know s***!!!
trickmyster13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 trickmyster13
Member since 2005 • 2017 Posts

I shot at the gas prices in a fit when i first played this demo....then one of the characters say, " I hate those prices too" or something like that, it was creepy, the devs put that there for sure for a good laugh.Cujo31

Hahah thats gold!