Blacksite: Area 51 !! Do we not care about this game ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SaintRasmus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 SaintRasmus
Member since 2007 • 1479 Posts

Blacksite: Area 51 is coming out soon, but now one seems to care about it. To be honest i don't know anything about this game.

Do you ?

ParadiseAwaits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 ParadiseAwaits
Member since 2007 • 1410 Posts

Blacksite: Area 51 is coming out soon, but now one seems to care about it. To be honest i don't know anything about this game.

Do you ?

SaintRasmus

I did not like the demo at all.

It felt like an old Xbox game ported to the 360. Kinda like Farcry.

gnomegnasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 gnomegnasher
Member since 2007 • 96 Posts
well I mean honestly...with all the great games that have been coming out starting in August with Bioshock, Halo 3 in September, The Orange Box in October, and STILL having Assasins Creed, Mass Effect, and Call of Duty 4 all before Christmas, its hard to believe anyone would be paying attention to that game. Maybe it will be decent, but there are many much better games to look forward to.
Bladefighter23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Bladefighter23
Member since 2005 • 1201 Posts
The demo was incredibly meh.
Avatar image for deactivated-5a155dd59341e
deactivated-5a155dd59341e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 deactivated-5a155dd59341e
Member since 2005 • 1725 Posts

The "demo" was really just a teaser. The real demo is out on 22nd November.

I'm excited about this game, more so than COD4 or anytihng else like that. I'll decide with the demo though.

mysteryman2024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 mysteryman2024
Member since 2004 • 118 Posts
I think it looks pretty cool, but I'll probably play it after all the other good games out right now.
siefier25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 siefier25
Member since 2007 • 361 Posts

The "demo" was really just a teaser.

marbigmarbig

They shouldn't have released it that early in its production stage. That demo was crap. Teaser or not. Makes me want to avoid the up and coming "real" demo. And the game itself.

SexyPorkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SexyPorkins
Member since 2007 • 1222 Posts
I thought the demo was terrible. I am going to avoid this game at all costs.
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts
The new trailer looks cool, but everything else looks incredibly subpar. I just don't know about this one. I don't have much faith in Midway.
APOLLOCJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 APOLLOCJD
Member since 2007 • 2311 Posts

Do you ?

SaintRasmus

I care as much about Area 51 as I care about the lack of recent Paris Hiltion news in the media (sarcasm)

But I am still going to watch the live demo wednesday just to see what it is about.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#11 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

The demo had some potential and some nic graphics in some parts, but the gameplay was pretty average and the framerate problems where pretty bad.

I will rent this one but definatly not buy

Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 Ket87
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts
Who what? We don't care about that crap.
ghstbstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#13 ghstbstr
Member since 2006 • 8790 Posts

I do, I want Blacksite: Area 51 that is if I had the money. When I do have the money I am going to buy it, as I think that game will better then everyone thinks.

mark1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 mark1982
Member since 2004 • 425 Posts

With games like Halo 3, Call of Duty 4, and Orange Box taking all of the Limelight these games don't really get that much attention.

Look at Timeshift, picked it up yesterday with Call of Duty 4, the game is decent and has some solid gunfights but in the end its just another fps with a bit of a gimmick (time control). I'm still getting Blacksite just for kicks but I don't think it will get that much attention sad to say...

D3ADMaggot911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 D3ADMaggot911
Member since 2007 • 880 Posts
no get assassins creed now!
SizeMatterzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SizeMatterzz
Member since 2007 • 1858 Posts

I think it looks pretty cool, but I'll probably play it after all the other good games out right now.mysteryman2024

SAME HERE

Schumi7WDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Schumi7WDC
Member since 2004 • 1689 Posts

I don't see anything to get excited about. The first game was mediocre, but they coolest thing about it was exploring the inside of Area 51, so what do they do, take that either entirely or mostly out of the second game. The other thing that was interesting, is that they kept the kinds of aliens that people who believe in this stuff claim to exist, in the greys, and did something with that and made the story closer to plausible reality, rather than just way out there. But again, Blacksite just looks like some stupid made up completely freakish monsters running around.

This just looks like another complete ripoff, been there, done that kind of game. Especially this year, when there are so many good shooters out, and even great alien based shooters, Half Life 2 and Halo 3 being 2 examples. The demo completely sucked and was glitchy and stuttery on top of it. Yeah I know it was supposed to be a teaser, but that's a half assed excuse. The Lost Planet demo came out almost an entire year before the game, and it was still very representative of what the final product ended up being, so to expect some massive turnaround in Blacksite since the teaser demo, is just plain unrealistic.

Sakura321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Sakura321
Member since 2005 • 533 Posts

Some of you are judging the game from a demo that has a few minutes of gameplay in it o.o

I didn't think it was anything amazing but it still managed to hold my interest somewhat... I shall await to read the reviews :P

EnderSR388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 EnderSR388
Member since 2004 • 6552 Posts
The same thing happened with Area 51 on the XBOX. It had a really fun MP, but it was overlooked because of Halo 2. I assume that it will be no different for this game.
-DirtySanchez-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 -DirtySanchez-
Member since 2003 • 32760 Posts
i used to be interest in it, but the demo kinda dissapointed me, and plus with all these other shooters comein out or that came out prior (halo 3, CoD4 ) i just dont see a need for it anymore
jamejame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 jamejame
Member since 2005 • 10634 Posts
I definitely care about it, and depending on reviews will no doubt pick it up eventually, but right now I've got no cash and have like 4 games preordered coming out this month, so I really can't afford to pick it up.
ISuperGamerI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ISuperGamerI
Member since 2006 • 3292 Posts

I don't see anything to get excited about. The first game was mediocre, but they coolest thing about it was exploring the inside of Area 51, so what do they do, take that either entirely or mostly out of the second game. The other thing that was interesting, is that they kept the kinds of aliens that people who believe in this stuff claim to exist, in the greys, and did something with that and made the story closer to plausible reality, rather than just way out there. But again, Blacksite just looks like some stupid made up completely freakish monsters running around.

This just looks like another complete ripoff, been there, done that kind of game. Especially this year, when there are so many good shooters out, and even great alien based shooters, Half Life 2 and Halo 3 being 2 examples. The demo completely sucked and was glitchy and stuttery on top of it. Yeah I know it was supposed to be a teaser, but that's a half assed excuse. The Lost Planet demo came out almost an entire year before the game, and it was still very representative of what the final product ended up being, so to expect some massive turnaround in Blacksite since the teaser demo, is just plain unrealistic.

Schumi7WDC

I thought the demo for the game was great especially the last part with the slow motion effect looking at the giant robot creature. And, when I played the demo for Lost Planet I thought the game was great but I played the final game and it was not as good.

ISuperGamerI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ISuperGamerI
Member since 2006 • 3292 Posts

no get assassins creed now!D3ADMaggot911

Assassin's Creed is not released yet.

SaintRasmus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#24 SaintRasmus
Member since 2007 • 1479 Posts
I think that i will watch the preview show tomorrow, maybe i will be surprised.