Black ops 2 promo code 'INVALID'

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Defektive_Age

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Defektive_Age
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

So, I'm trying to register my Black Ops 2 promo code, but gamestopblackops2 dot com is telling me that my code is invalid. I'm assuming it's probably temorary, and will accept the code within the next few days. Literally just pre ordered about an hour ago, and got the code on my receipt, with super excited words "Don't miss out - register now!" Wondering if this has happened to anyone else?

On the bright side, the poster is pretty decent.

DeAndreUchiha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 DeAndreUchiha
It's happening to me to it's weird
MrSniperFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MrSniperFreak
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
My promo code work and i just got it today and it got it like an 1 hour ago but its weird that it doesnt work for you guys....
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#4 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts
whats the code for?
xTRUTHHURTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 xTRUTHHURTS
I preordered my copy from GAMESTOP (19662 NW 27 Ave , miami gardens, fl 33056). I went home within 15 minutes to register for the monthly bonus. I got an error message "Promo Code Invalid". I am extremely pissed and needless to say i got no help from the gamestop clerks. They told me to wait ten minutes and try again. Sounds ridiculous, it didn't work. Gamestop needs to address this issue asap and stop screwing its loyal customers over.
MrSniperFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MrSniperFreak
i used my promo code and it should say something on the bottom of black ops 2 promo code
Defektive_Age

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Defektive_Age

The code worked for me now. A couple days later. Problem now is that the redirect page where you actually get the token won't load.
This is beyond ridiculous. Not even sure if I'm mad.. or just really dissapoint.

liljuanito209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 liljuanito209
uis doing it to me now and now im pissed
driftingsilvia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 driftingsilvia
Member since 2005 • 4089 Posts

I find it odd that it's all new accounts posting this. That web address seems very fishy.

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#10 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
Same person making multi accounts to have a cry.. save time and buy a box of tissues.
Bassmanfunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 Bassmanfunk
Member since 2010 • 124 Posts

There should be two codes on the receipt. Have you tried the other one?

gordo360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 gordo360
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
so what every one is sayin wait a few days then it should work???
jonleeprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 jonleeprice
Member since 2011 • 1455 Posts

HAHA this is so a scam to get people to visit that site :lol:

jonleeprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 jonleeprice

A Scam? Are you retarded? You must be one of those people who were posting on the OFFICIAL Black OPS 2 facebook fanpage saying CODBO2 was a scam as well. The RECEIPT, ya know, where I bought the game at gamestop, SAYS to visit this specific site you retard So, yea, I doubt its a scam. Pull your finger outta your butt. On a side note, I called Gamestop where I bought it, and the clerk said that in a few months you can use the code AND that you can use the MW3 prestige token now. HOWEVER! The bonus offers are "as supplies last" and the token can only be used til June 30th. ALSO! The token cannot be registered for, UNTIL you register with the site. So these idiots, like the idiot above me, make no sense. Hey bro? You sure you don't work for gamestop? Blubbering idiots.AlpbaBeta7
1 post newb..........didnt read :D

jonleeprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 jonleeprice

[QUOTE="AlpbaBeta7"]A Scam? Are you retarded? You must be one of those people who were posting on the OFFICIAL Black OPS 2 facebook fanpage saying CODBO2 was a scam as well. The RECEIPT, ya know, where I bought the game at gamestop, SAYS to visit this specific site you retard So, yea, I doubt its a scam. Pull your finger outta your butt. On a side note, I called Gamestop where I bought it, and the clerk said that in a few months you can use the code AND that you can use the MW3 prestige token now. HOWEVER! The bonus offers are "as supplies last" and the token can only be used til June 30th. ALSO! The token cannot be registered for, UNTIL you register with the site. So these idiots, like the idiot above me, make no sense. Hey bro? You sure you don't work for gamestop? Blubbering idiots.jonleeprice

1 post newb..........didnt read :D

Ok decided to read as i couldnt resist......you just sound as bad as the other advertiser "MUST REGISTER BEFORE 30th JUNE" "WHILE SUPPLIES LAST". Try harder mr advertiser, and hold of with the insults and hostility or i may cry:cry:

AlpbaBeta7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 AlpbaBeta7
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
***** ATTENTION ******* PLEASE READ IF YOU GOT THE PRE-ORDER AND YOUR PROMO CODE IS NOT WORKING!!!! Sorry for the caps. Anyway, if your promo code is not working and GS has not helped you or gave you a BS answer like they gave me - please try to look for any Os or ZEROES on your code. If it looks like an O and you entered an O and its not working - enter a ZERO instead. If it looks like a ZERO and you entered a ZERO and its not working - enter an O. I know that seems obvious to some people (bravo to you). But to millions of others posting on various blogs, forums and websites that do NOT know what is going on - that is your answer. It worked for me as well, so that is why I am putting it out there. GS has no idea what they are doing. MOST receipts at MOST stores, will LET YOU KNOW what is a zero and what is an O by two ways: Either definitively making the 0 or the O skinnier or wider OR they add the slash on the zero. Apparently GS does not do this. Hope everyone sees this that is having problems and I hope it works for you. If it does not work for you, well, that's outta my hands lol.
AlpbaBeta7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 AlpbaBeta7
I might be a newb to this forum, but you're a **** for life. *claps* bravo to youuuuuu Mr. Douchebag
jonleeprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 jonleeprice
I might be a newb to this forum, but you're a **** for life. *claps* bravo to youuuuuu Mr. DouchebagAlpbaBeta7
LOL.......wut?
jonleeprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 jonleeprice
[QUOTE="AlpbaBeta7"]***** ATTENTION ******* PLEASE READ IF YOU GOT THE PRE-ORDER AND YOUR PROMO CODE IS NOT WORKING!!!! Sorry for the caps. Anyway, if your promo code is not working and GS has not helped you or gave you a BS answer like they gave me - please try to look for any Os or ZEROES on your code. If it looks like an O and you entered an O and its not working - enter a ZERO instead. If it looks like a ZERO and you entered a ZERO and its not working - enter an O. I know that seems obvious to some people (bravo to you). But to millions of others posting on various blogs, forums and websites that do NOT know what is going on - that is your answer. It worked for me as well, so that is why I am putting it out there. GS has no idea what they are doing. MOST receipts at MOST stores, will LET YOU KNOW what is a zero and what is an O by two ways: Either definitively making the 0 or the O skinnier or wider OR they add the slash on the zero. Apparently GS does not do this. Hope everyone sees this that is having problems and I hope it works for you. If it does not work for you, well, that's outta my hands lol.

Good come back Mr Advertiser...good come back, waffling on about O and zeros.......stupid idiot, people on this site are not as dumb as you think, piss of and scam another site :D
jonleeprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 jonleeprice

LMFAO hes sending me private messages saying he wants my balls and wants to suck my balls.............guys these dude is weird.

RC_helicopter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 RC_helicopter
so you have to wait for how many days? and then it should work? cuz i tried the something today and it said it was INVALID
RC_helicopter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 RC_helicopter
I FEEL SO STUPID.... IF IT DOESNT WORK AND IT HAS AN 'O' OR '0' THEN SWITCH IT LIKE IF IT HAS AN 'O' THEN CHANGE IT TO A '0' ZERO OR A '0' TO A 'O'
Deathbycotton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Deathbycotton
I know this is an XBOX 360 thread, but I was having the same issue with PS3. I talked with a chat representative and they put in a service call for me to get the token. Apparently this is a widespread issue and they have a missing Prestige token database. Once they get you in, ranges from a couple of days to a couple of weeks. http://support.activision.com/pkb_Home?clickedOn=MW3 Then click on Get Live Support link. Process took me about 5 minutes for them to get the info and send me a RMA #... Hope this helps.
HyperWarlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 HyperWarlock
Member since 2011 • 3295 Posts

What the hell is going on haha.

jcman18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 jcman18
I pre-ordered on Friday and now its Sunday i got promo code invalid and also when i pre-ordered it the guy was like i guess were out of mw3 prestige tokens so now i don't have either WTF is wrong with this!
saposapohealth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 saposapohealth
sometimes O are actually the number zero 0
speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#29 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

LMFAO hes sending me private messages saying he wants my balls and wants to suck my balls.............guys these dude is weird.

jonleeprice

Make it your sig :P

Angel916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Angel916
thank you i did not see that was a zero
MW2ismygame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 MW2ismygame
Member since 2010 • 2188 Posts

Wow never seen this obvious of a multi-acounter in a long time, and for such an obvious scam

EfrainInHD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 EfrainInHD
[QUOTE="AlpbaBeta7"]***** ATTENTION ******* PLEASE READ IF YOU GOT THE PRE-ORDER AND YOUR PROMO CODE IS NOT WORKING!!!! Sorry for the caps. Anyway, if your promo code is not working and GS has not helped you or gave you a BS answer like they gave me - please try to look for any Os or ZEROES on your code. If it looks like an O and you entered an O and its not working - enter a ZERO instead. If it looks like a ZERO and you entered a ZERO and its not working - enter an O. I know that seems obvious to some people (bravo to you). But to millions of others posting on various blogs, forums and websites that do NOT know what is going on - that is your answer. It worked for me as well, so that is why I am putting it out there. GS has no idea what they are doing. MOST receipts at MOST stores, will LET YOU KNOW what is a zero and what is an O by two ways: Either definitively making the 0 or the O skinnier or wider OR they add the slash on the zero. Apparently GS does not do this. Hope everyone sees this that is having problems and I hope it works for you. If it does not work for you, well, that's outta my hands lol.

I Made an account on here just so I could thank you. I can't believe I didn't realize it earlier..xD but yeah, Thank you so much!
MW2ismygame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 MW2ismygame
Member since 2010 • 2188 Posts
[QUOTE="EfrainInHD"][QUOTE="AlpbaBeta7"]***** ATTENTION ******* PLEASE READ IF YOU GOT THE PRE-ORDER AND YOUR PROMO CODE IS NOT WORKING!!!! Sorry for the caps. Anyway, if your promo code is not working and GS has not helped you or gave you a BS answer like they gave me - please try to look for any Os or ZEROES on your code. If it looks like an O and you entered an O and its not working - enter a ZERO instead. If it looks like a ZERO and you entered a ZERO and its not working - enter an O. I know that seems obvious to some people (bravo to you). But to millions of others posting on various blogs, forums and websites that do NOT know what is going on - that is your answer. It worked for me as well, so that is why I am putting it out there. GS has no idea what they are doing. MOST receipts at MOST stores, will LET YOU KNOW what is a zero and what is an O by two ways: Either definitively making the 0 or the O skinnier or wider OR they add the slash on the zero. Apparently GS does not do this. Hope everyone sees this that is having problems and I hope it works for you. If it does not work for you, well, that's outta my hands lol.

I Made an account on here just so I could thank you. I can't believe I didn't realize it earlier..xD but yeah, Thank you so much!

Why do i get the feeling that this is just another account of yours ?
rickliao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 rickliao
Member since 2007 • 60 Posts

It's happening to me to it's weird , how to solve?

rickliao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 rickliao
Member since 2007 • 60 Posts

how can i do?

Jaydrizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Jaydrizz
Could not figure out WHY my code didn't work. Been tryin' for a couple days now and with success thanks to the genius who found out O's mean 0's (hah) i finally got my flippin' map. Thought i was gonna miss out.
tonyhawksP8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#37 tonyhawksP8
Member since 2007 • 2479 Posts

Wow its a 1 post convention here.

PeepGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 PeepGamer
Wow, I feel retarded now, but I changed my O a 0 and it worked instantly. Thanks for you're help.
caligirl1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 caligirl1080
Hopefully this will help someone. I had been trying since early last month to register, but my code kept coming up invalid as well. I FINALLY broke down tonight and called my Gamestop. The guy there gave me a new code, then told me if it didn't work, to contact support. My new code didn't work. I called Activision's support line thinking they would know how to help me. The guy on the phone was amazingly helpful. He explained that I should've called Gamestop's support number because it's their promo,not Activision; HOWEVER... he told me that if I cleared my history, a lot of the times it would help when having issues with codes and such. He suggested that I give it another shot after I cleared my history, then gave me Gamestop's support number, just in case. Low and behold, my new promo code worked!!!YAY!!! Please give this a shot. Oh. He also said that when it comes to promo codes, there are no o's(oh's), there's only 0's(zero's). Here's Gamestop's main number just in case this doesn't work for you: (817)424-2000.
Mekanik32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Mekanik32
Also, be sure you have your cookies enabled when trying to enter those codes.
GamerZem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#41 GamerZem
Member since 2012 • 526 Posts

That's what you get for liking Black Ops 2.

BloodLust20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 BloodLust20
its expired my boyfriend got his today but sense he didnt get it yesterday when the game had came out it expired so yeah yours wont work if you didnt get it on the day it came out